Print

Author Topic: The first time you played a Nintendo...  (Read 3595 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 12, 2001, 07:49:07 AM »
How long have you been a fan of Nintnedo/Mario? I've been a fan of Mario/Nintendo for over 11 years! It all started in 1990, when I first got my Nintendo Entertainment System... I was bugging and bugging my mom to get me one and she finally did! The games I got for it were: Super Mario Bros. 3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Astyanax. I was especially fond of Super Mario Bros. 3. I later got Super Mario Bros. 2 for Christmas, and King of Kings for Easter...

After that, I got a Game Boy and a Super Nintendo. I kept my old Nintendo for a long time, until it broke a few years ago...

I kept my Super Nintendo for years, until I gave it to my little sister (which was a bad idea) because I was bored with it.

I now have a Game Boy Color and a Nintendo 64, both of which I got during the Christmas season last year (2000). I am very happy with both systems. Oh, I also have a PlayStation; I got it a few years ago and now I'm bored with it... I mostly play my Nintendo 64 and my Game Boy Color; because, as you already know, I am a big fan of Nintendo!

I don't think the GameCube will do good. There are hardly any games annmounced for it yet and Nintendo hasn't even put a price for it! Oh well, hopefully Game Boy Advance will do good when it comes out in the U.S.; it's already doing good (great, actually) in Japan!

Sorry for the long post, I was just explaining my history of loving Nintendo...

Remember: Nintendo will rule all!

~Opens up a box of Super Mario Bros. Cereal- "Congratulations! You have just won a Sony PlayStation, courtesy of your friends at Nintendo!"
"Huh? Am I reading this right?"~

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 4/12/01 6:50:13 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2001, 10:33:44 AM »
The first time I played a Mario game, I was eight years old and visiting my relatives in New Jersey. I played my uncle's NES for 3 hours one afternoon. Thus began an obsession that has lasted more than twelve years.
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2001, 10:46:25 AM »
The first time i played a nintendo was probably when i was going on 2 years...my brother (who was about 14 then) liked to sit me in front of te TV and the NES and give me a controller and watch me repeatedly die in Super Mario Bros. Back then i had no idea what it was, but it was the first time i've played it. So i'd say about 12 years.

"Hey dude, 1976 called, it said it wants its haircut back." ~ Joe Dirt, in theaters now.
"Timmay!"

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2001, 03:51:29 PM »
I was about 7 when I first played SMB on the NES... that was also 11 years ago. Man, time flies...

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2001, 06:34:25 PM »
I remember when I was 4 years old, I got an NES for Christmas. It came with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, and the gun so you can play Duck Hunt. I'll never forget that. My NES game collection grew, I got more games like Super Mario Bros. 2 and Bubble Bobble and Darkwing Duck :). Too bad I no longer have my NES. I gave it to my friend who had no Nintendo (I gave it to him when I got SNES). I got my SNES I think in 1991...? I don't really remember. It came with Super Mario World, I still have that game, and I love it! My SNES library grew as well, I got games like Super Mario Kart and Super Mario RPG (one of my all-time faves). Then when N64 came out, I REALLY wanted that. I got it, I believe, in late 1996. I didn't come with any game :(. But I bought Mario Kart 64, and I still love that game! For long time all I had was Mario Kart, and I grew tired with it. Then, a few months later, I got Super Mario 64 :). From there my N64 game list grew, from Banjo-Kazooie to Paper Mario.

Now a list of my all-time fave Mario games:
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 and 3 (NES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Mario Tennis (N64)
Paper Mario (N64)
and more....

My all time HATED Mario games:
Mario's Time Machine (NES and SNES)
Mario is Missing (NES) (I never tried the SNES version)
I'm sure there may be more...

I am Yoshi, I am Great, Therfore making me, Yoshi the Great

Edited by - Yo****heGreat on 4/12/2001 5:37:25 PM
I am Yoshi, I am Great, Therfore making me, Yoshi the Great

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2001, 07:28:45 PM »
Hey Yoshi The Great i think you might wanna put some underscores (_) in your name, because you cant put Yo****heGreat on the board (Wonder what word that is....hmm...) Darn message board filtering out names...YO****HEGREAT! DIE GAMESPY! OR WHOEVER MADE THIS BOARD!

"Hey dude, 1976 called, it said it wants its haircut back." ~ Joe Dirt, in theaters now.
"Timmay!"

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2001, 07:50:15 PM »
You can also use spaces without consequence.  Looks better than underscores.

Aid
Go Moon!

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »
It all started when I was 4, in 1985. Nintendo just came out, and Me and pops were CRAZY for it! We bought it, and a couple of other games! Back then, I could only beat the first 2 levels... cause I was 4! I bought SUPER MARIO BROS. after renting it, and loved it1 Even though I sucked. I bought it, and it had Duckhunt too. I still have the games and NES, they're in the attic though.

Then in 1990, I bought SNES! I loved it! I got millions of games for it. (Not as much as for N64 and NES) Including Mario All stars and Super Mario World. I WAS THE MASTER! I MASTERED ALL MARIO GAMES!

Then in 1996, I got it for X-mas! I'm still thanking Mom and Pops! Its better then PS! (Which I don't have, but have played it) I got SM64, Both Mario Parties (Soon to be 3) Paper Mario,Mario Kart, Super Smash Bothers!(Might be 2, if the rumors are true)

Ending? Yes! Though not to playing games!
I got a Gameboy but got bored of it, I still have it, but I rarely am seen with it. My NES broke down in 1997, after 12 years of being playable. SNES still works! N64 still works!(DUH!) At one time, Early 97, late 96, ALL NINTENDO SYSTEMS COULD WORK! The do though except NES...I'm gonna try it again (NES) To see if the problem was the game or NES itself...
Its me! That silly willy Koopa!

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2001, 08:42:09 PM »
It all started when I was 4, in 1985. Nintendo just came out, and Me and pops were CRAZY for it! We bought it, and a couple of other games! Back then, I could only beat the first 2 levels... cause I was 4! I bought SUPER MARIO BROS. after renting it, and loved it1 Even though I sucked. I bought it, and it had Duckhunt too. I still have the games and NES, they're in the attic though.

Then in 1990, I bought SNES! I loved it! I got millions of games for it. (Not as much as for N64 and NES) Including Mario All stars and Super Mario World. I WAS THE MASTER! I MASTERED ALL MARIO GAMES!

Then in 1996, I got it for X-mas! I'm still thanking Mom and Pops! Its better then PS! (Which I don't have, but have played it) I got SM64, Both Mario Parties (Soon to be 3) Paper Mario,Mario Kart, Super Smash Bothers!(Might be 2, if the rumors are true)

Ending? Yes! Though not to playing games!
I got a Gameboy but got bored of it, I still have it, but I rarely am seen with it. My NES broke down in 1997, after 12 years of being playable. SNES still works! N64 still works!(DUH!) At one time, Early 97, late 96, ALL NINTENDO SYSTEMS COULD WORK! The do though except NES...I'm gonna try it again (NES) To see if the problem was the game or NES itself...
Its me! That silly willy Koopa!

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2001, 04:33:36 PM »
I've been playing ye ol' nintendo since i was 1, in 1989.I didn't know what I was doing untill my dad told me when I was 2.My sister was always player 1 hince she was older and she was obviosly Mario.I was then obviosly player 2 Luigi.That's how He is one of my fav. characters.

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2001, 05:45:23 PM »
I would have to say since I was three in 1985. I even have an old drawing of SMB in one of my reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaly old photo album. Ever since then I've been a loyal fan to the Bros.

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2001, 04:44:49 PM »
I have been a fan of Nintendo since I first played the NES on my 8th birthday.  Since then, nothing has stopped me from getting better at video games.

I'm that little mushroom retainer nobody cares about.
I'm that little mushroom retainer nobody cares about.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2001, 11:01:50 AM »
1989 on the nes with super mario bros 1 later someone sold me about 30 nes games so they could buy a snes

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2001, 11:57:33 AM »
Ah. Fond memories of my younger days. I remember when we had our old NES. We had some games (SMB/Duck Hunt, Rush 'n Attack), but I don't remember playing SMB. I do remember playing Duck Hunt, but I was really bad at it. Some time afterwards, we sold the NES (it was a bad day for me) when we got our SNES. Every since then I was almost "hooked" on Nintendo. I still lead a healthy life, luckily. Now, since I'm older, I have an NES (yes, I have one. I got it off of eBay), SNES, GB Pocket, and an N64. I also have a good amount of games. Nintendo has been here a while, that's for sure.

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2001, 01:24:41 PM »
Hi - I must say also that I also experienced my first bit of Nintendo when I was about 6. My Dad bought me and my brother a NES Challenge Set for Christmas which was the best thing around at the time. I can still remember ripping the paper off and the absolute extasy running through my mind at the site.

Ahhhhhhh, Precious Memories

If I could go back in time to any period, It would be to my first Nintendo Experience!
If I could go back in time to any period, It would be to my first Nintendo Experience!

Print