Print

Author Topic: Favorite Game Music  (Read 10852 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: October 11, 2006, 07:01:30 PM »
We all know that music in games rule, but anyone have any faves? Post em' here! Today I'll post my MArio and Luigi:SS Favorites!

Stardust Fields
HooHoo Mountain
Final Boss Battle
End Credits
ChuckleHuck Woods
Popple Battles
First Cackleta Battle
Boss Battle

Whoa, that's plenty for now!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Sqrt2

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:15:30 AM »
I'll do mine by franchise

All Music in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney esp. Jake Marshall's Western Theme
SSBM - SMB3, Big Blue, Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Ride, Mach Rider
LoZ,- Termina Field, Saria's Song, Bolero of Fire, Hyrule Overworld (ALTTP)
SMB- SMB Underworld, SMB2 Boss, SMS Mini-game, SMB Underwater
DK - All DKC2,&3 music, DKC Underwater, DK Rap(original version)
MP- Magmoor Caverns
PD - Carringtons Villa, Institute Defense, End Credits
Banjo - Click Clock Wood(Spring & Autumn), Gob's Valley, Wonderwing
Mario Party - Boo's Haunted Bash, Space Land, Bowser Land, Platform Peril
Mario RPG's - Koopa Bros/Huff'n'Puff/Magnus von Grapple/Macho Grubba/Lava Pirahna's Boss Music
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:03:05 AM by Sqrt2 »
AA fanboy and proud!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »
PM:TTYD's battle music. And pretty much every boss battle music on it too. Favorite Zelda song... Nocturne of Shadow. Second, Song of Storms. Lots of Paper Mario's music is good too. And SMRPG battle music. Yeah.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 07:06:07 AM »
  • SSBM Big Blue,
  • Popple battles from M&L:SS (That was probably the best through the entire game.:D),
  • Doopliss battles from PM:tTYD (Again probably the best from PM:tTYD.)
  • Bowser and Baby Bowser music from M&L:PiT,
  • Jump, Jump, Jump from DDR:MM,
  • The underground theme remix (Can't remember the name.) from DDR:MM,
  • The Mrs. Mowz theme from PM:tTYD and DDR:MM,
  • Overworld music from SML2,
  • Second space level from SML2,
  • SMB3 stage from Tetris DS,
  • all Donkey Kong remixes from Tetris DS,
  • the LoZ stage in Tetris DS

Can't think of any more.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 08:17:45 AM »
I'll do this by system--not necessarily the best or most representative, though.  However, all of these are top-notch.  I promise:

NES
Super Mario Bros. 3Clouds
SNES
Super Punch-Out!!Ending
N64
Legend of Zelda, The:  Ocarina of TimeForest Temple
GC
F-Zero GXPrincia
GB
R-TypeLevel 1
GBC
Dragon Warrior IIIA Voice from the Heavens
GBA
Tactics OgreInterlude
Arcade
King of Fighters '97Spain
PC
DOOMOpening Stage
Sega CD
Lords of ThunderBorsque (Stage 4)

On an unrelated note, I miss Watoad.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »
I love the music from Sonic Adventure. Thank the Sega people for including a sound test so's I can listen to it all day long! I also like the music from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, the Sinister Woods music is very reminiscent of Forever Forest and Twilight Town.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 08:57:35 PM »
Most games developed by Intelligent systems have great music. Great examples include Advance Wars (Every CO has a theme music that fits them. For example, Jake has a guitar riff militant-type song, while Rachel has a peppy trumpet song), the Paper Mario games (Roguetown's music sets the mood well, as does Twilight Town's song) and Fire Emblem (The battle music in the beginning of the story is usually laid back and calm, but as the game progresses, it gets more suspenseful and depressing).

Rareware games also have great music. Sometimes, I'll replay one of the DKC games just to enter a level and listen to its music. Out of all three though, DKC2 has the best soundtrack, with some of my favorites like the boss battle music, the mast levels music, and the forest music. The songs are best heard on the SNES versions, though you should still buy DKC3 on the GBA since it contains a totally different sountrack, some better than others.

As for Mario games, some of my favorite tracks are:

Mario vs DK's cut scene music
Super Mario World's underworld
Super Mario 64's Bob-Omb Battlefield
Super Mario Sunshine's Sirena Beach
Most of the tracks from the Mario Kart series
Mario & Luigi's Boss Battles
Super Princess Peach's Shriek Mansion.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 09:47:40 AM »
Paper Mario and Majora's Mask have music that is probably my most favorite.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 12:14:13 PM »
Yasunori Mitsuda owns all.

Although right now Motoi Sakuraba's music for Baten Kaitos is blowing me away.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 04:56:24 PM »
Here's some of my top favorite game music. Most of the stuff I listed is just from games I have a large amount of music for. Stuff in white are ultimate top favorites.

Mario Series
~SMB3~:   Battle Mode; Fireworks; World Clear; Ending
~SMW~:   Castle/Fortress; Castle Clear BGM; Special World; Ending
~Yoshi's Island~:   Story Music Box; Castle and Fortress; Room Before Boss; Ending
~SMRPG~:      Here's Some Weapons; Fight Against an Armed Boss; Geno Awakens; Beware the Forest's Mushrooms; The Axem Rangers Drop In; Goodbye Geno / Seeing Dreams Through the Window of the Stars; Parade/Credits; The End
~SM64~:      Dire Dire Docks; Ending Demo; Staff Roll
~Paper Mario~:   Attack of the Koopa Bros.; A Kingdom in Chaos; Chomp Attack; Peach's Lament; Welcome to Yoshi's Village; Clouds Dissipate; Star Way; Sanctuary!; Goodbye, Twink!; Princess Peach Saved!; Victory Parade / The Celebration Continues; Mario and Peach's Theme
~MLPiT~:   Main Title; Let's Learn; Holli Jolli Village; Battle Theme; Back to the Past; Underground; Thwomp Caverns; Bowser Battle; Toad Town; The Monstrous Princess Shroob; Credits; The End (JPN Version)

DK Series
~DKC2~:   Opening; K. Rool Returns; Steel Drum Rhumba; Lockjaw's Saga; Mining Melancholy; Snakey Chanty; In a Snow-bound Land; Krook's March
~DKC3~:   Dixie Beat; Crazy Calypso; Cranky's Showdown; Bonus Time!; Mill Fever; Treetop Tumble; Water World; Rockface Rumble; Game Over
~DK64~:      Pause Menu; DK Isle; Jungle Japes; Fungi Forest (Night); Creepy Castle

Zelda Series
~OoT~:      Bolero of Fire; Nocturne of Shadow; Requium of Spirit, Serenade of Water
~Wind Waker~:   Dawn; Boss Clear Fanfare; Ballad of Gales; Medli's Prayer; Farewell Hyrule King; Staff Credits; Aryll's Theme; Game Demo

Other games
~Final Fantasy 6~:   Celes; Gau; Kids Run Through the City
~Banjo-Tooie~:   Jinjo Village; Atlantis
~SSBM~:   Opening Theme; Rainbow Cruise; Hyrule Temple; Fountain of Dreams; Green Greens; Super Mario Bros. 3; Menu 2; Multi-Man Melee 2
~Most stuff by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Mario Party, etc.). Chup's right; he does own all.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 05:03:42 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 10:52:15 PM »
Mario Kart 64's end music and Rainbow Road music.

Worst soundtrack? Pretty much any Madden game. I love Madden football but they need to pick some better music!

Art

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 12:18:35 AM »
Um, I find that the mega man series, including X series has some pretty good background tunes in some levels. Kirby has some catchy tunes, Super Mario RPG tunes, along with some other Mario stuff. Ah there is just so much.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 10:59:18 AM »
Yes, Mega Man games are renowned for their excellent music. Not to mention being excellent games. For the most part.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
By series

Mario Series
SMB: Overworld, Underwater, Underground (classics)
SMW: Overworld, Forest of Illusions map
SMK: Donut Plains
YI: Title Screen (Same song was used for Yoshi's Island in M&L:PiT)
SM64: Dire Dire Rocks, Bowser's fight song, Bowser Courses
PM:TTYD: Glitz Pit, Rawk Hawk's battle song
MKDS: Waluigi Pinball
M&L:SS: Ocean and beaches

Zelda Series
LoZ: Overworld, credits
AoL: Temple
LttP: Hyrule Castle, Zelda's theme (AKA Zelda's Lullaby), Dark Overworld, Dark World Death Mountain, Credits
LA: Ballad of the Windfish, Tal Tal Heights
OoT: Saria's Song, Song of Storms, Nocturne of Shadow, Gerudo Valley, Epona's Song, Ganondorf battle, Credits
MM: New Wave Bossa Nova, Stone Temple
TWW: Dragonroost Island, Farewell Hyrule King, Credits
TMC: Clouds, Credits, Game Over, Dungeon in the sky (can't remember the name of it)

Super Smash Bros. series
SSB: Credits, Hyrule Castle, Sector Z, The Mushroom Kingdom
SSBM: Opening, Menu 2, Target Test, Pokemon Battle 1 and 2, SMB3 (alternate tune for Yoshi's Island stage), Temple, Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Cruise

Pokemon series
R/B/Y: Gym Leader Battle, Trainer Battle, Pallet Town, Saffron City, Inside Gym, Surfing
G/S/C: Most of the Battle themes, Burned Tower,
R/S/E: Dive
Colosseum: Pyrite, most of the Battle themes, The Under, Credits, Relic Stone
XD: Gale of Darkness: SS Libra, ONBS building.
Mystery Dungeon: Mt. Freeze and more

Other
MP: Magmoor Caverns

That's all I'm gonna list for now.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 06:09:24 PM »
I'm having trouble listing my favorites. Mainly because I've loved every song from every game I've ever played.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 09:57:21 AM »
I think my favorite song of all time fron any video game was Rainbow Road for Mario Kart 64.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 01:04:52 PM »
I like the Guilty Gear and Dynasty Warriors soundtracks. Music from Castlevania, Metroid, F-Zero, and Zelda is generally good. Also Akira Yamaoka's work in Silent Hill series and Contra Shattered Soldier. Can't leave out SMB series, SMW, and SMW2. Dire Dire Docks from SM64 is probably my favorite Mario song. Well that's all I can think of right now.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 01:33:24 PM »
I'm not a huge Final Fantasy fan, but I expected more from you guys.  Victory!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 04:03:18 PM »
My favorite music is the Riverside Station music from PM:TTYD. Does anyone know where I can find a MP3 or MIDI of it?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 05:06:37 PM »
You could ask NintendoExpert89.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 11:15:48 PM »
Some games that I think have great overall soundtracks include:

Katamari Damacy
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 - 3 and S&K

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 11:22:19 PM »
Earthbound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 02:21:57 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 3 has an awesome soundtrack, especially the title music.
Also, just about any NES game has good music, including SMB, Metroid, Mega Man (the whole series, especially Mega Man II), and Excite Bike.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 03:56:32 PM »
I'd like to list some new favorites of mine, but the game that they are in has only been out for a month, and I hate to be a bearer of spoilers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 04:11:07 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 3 has an awesome soundtrack, especially the title music.
Also, just about any NES game has good music, including SMB, Metroid, Mega Man (the whole series, especially Mega Man II), and Excite Bike.

NES has a fair share of horrible stuff.

Speaking of systems with great music in general, the Commodore 64!!  It rocks hard.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 01:38:53 AM »
My favorite is from Super Mario 64 during the final Bowser battle. It's an organ fanfare which reminds me of a postlude from church. It's just very powerful and always has me cranking the volume on my TV.

I wish Madden would have better soundtracks! They need some trance, dance, house, etc. in those games!!! Same goes for the MVP Baseball series!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 02:20:57 PM »
They are sports games. Sports games are not designed to be good.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 03:55:20 PM »
Madden with trance would pwn. Hahaha.

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »
Dire Dire Docks.  And possibly anything from Ocarina of Time, for nostalgia's sake.  Do they have trance? I'm unaware of where I can find such a thing.
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »
Star Fox and Star Fox 64 have pwnsome music, especially Venom on both games. It's fun mixing up the instruments of the MIDIs. =D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2006, 06:46:39 PM »
There was some game (I REALLY wish I remebered the name) I had a few years back where most of the songs were rocking version of classic opera songs like Flight of the Valkyries. The fusion of the two styles was awesome, and the guitar versions need to be worked into a future Guitar Hero game.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2006, 11:15:10 PM »
AbercrombieBaseball mentioned Bowser in the Sky of SM64 fame, and I agree. I used an old edition of Encore to translate a midi file of it and spend almost four months playing around with it. I became decently good at the rapid arpeggios.

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »
In addition to my earlier likings, I also like the music from the Cars video game. They have a song in there that my dad absolutely HATES, so whenever that song is playing, I'm all like "Hey Dad, it's your favorite song! XD" I also sing along with it, just to get on his nerves.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2006, 06:40:27 PM »
Call of Duty 3. It has the best soundtrack EVAR. Too bad nobody's ripped the music from it...
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »
Rainbow Road from SMK and MK64...Good times...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:20:30 PM by kirbyman »

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 05:29:12 PM »
And Kirby Air Ride's version of Spring Greens. VIDEO GAMES.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »
You can edit your posts. Click on the on top of your post to change it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 09:08:55 AM »
Metroid Fusion, Prime and Prime 2 music.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2007, 12:05:49 PM »
Mario Series
SMB2 ------- Underground Theme
SMW -------- Forest of Illusion
SMW2YI --- Map Theme
SMRPG ---- Super Pipe House
SM64 -------- Dire Dire Docks, Metal Cap Mario, Flying Cap Mario, Hazy Maze Cave, Bob-omb Battlefield, Castle Interior
MK64 -------- Koopa Troopa Beach, Frappe Snowland, Toad's Turnpike, Rainbow Road
SSB ---------- After you beat Master Hand, while the score comes up.
SMS --------- Delfino Plaza, Outside Hotel Delfino, Noki Bay Underwater, SAND BIRD!
SSBM ------- Mute City
M&LSS------ the Seaside song...

Sonic series
StH ----------- Special Area, Invincibility, Act Complete
StH2 --------- Emerald Hill Zone, Chemical Plant Zone
StH3 --------- Angel Island Zone, Hydrocity Zone
S&K ---------- Mushroom Hill Zone

Banjo Series
BK ------------ Treasure Trove Cove, Gruntilda's Lair Click Clock Wood version
BT ------------- Jiggy Wiggy's Temple, Grunty's Industry Interior

Other
StarFox64 ---------- Title Screen, Corneria, Katina, Mission Accomplished, Zoness, Ending
Bomberman 64 --- Opening, Green Garden, Red Mountain, White Glacier, Black Fortress, Rainbow Palace, Boss Battle, Altair Battle, Sirius Battle, Level Complete, Ending

And yeah, most stuff by Yasunori Mitsuda.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 08:37:10 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »
Koji Kondo!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 06:50:37 PM »
Do pre-existing songs count? GTA: San Andreas had the best soundtrack of 80's and 90's songs, ever. Also Crimsonland had a cool metal soundtrack that really gets you in the mood, and you can swap it out with any other OGG-format songs you may have, allowing you to shoot aliens while rocking out to Trogdor.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
Trogdor is in Guitar Hero 2
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »
Yeah, but can you shoot tentacle zombies in GH2? Hmm?
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2007, 12:37:23 PM »
I'm going to say no, pre-existing songs don't count. Because they aren't game music, they're just in a game.
That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2007, 10:19:11 PM »
Don't you just love it when in video games, they give you a whole Symphony Orchestra scrore as the Music? That's one thing that made Star Wars great. The Symphony and not all that sci-fi music that sounds like it might of come out of an electric socket.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007, 12:44:08 PM »
The music from the original Star Fox (SNES) from the Out Of This Dimension level is very...strange.  Which, I guess, fits pretty well with that level.
-------------

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »
The Spider-Man games, for some reason, always use roachy-sounding techno/metal for background music ever since Spider-Man for N64/PS1 in 2000. Even the movie-based ones force you to listen to crappy synth-house-music-speed-metal crap.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2007, 07:50:45 PM »
Glorb, play Spider-Man 1 much? (The first movie game)
Not a whole lot of grunge techno in that one.
That was a joke.

Print