Print

Author Topic: Weird NES Perhiphial  (Read 2886 times)

« on: April 22, 2001, 07:25:57 AM »
Last night, I was rummaging through some junk in the back of a thrift store, when I found something that looked like a large Twister mat. Only it had numbers labeled 1-10 on it. It was labeled Power Pad at the top, and it had a cord that plugged into your NES controller port. Anyone have any info on this "Power Pad?"

You think ya somethin more/ya so supafly/blind to the fact youre blind/youre so empty inside/its hard for me to get this thru to you/blind to the fact ya blind.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2001, 06:38:00 AM »
The power pad was something you would use in the track games for the NES. I don't remember the name of the game but we would make so much noise stomping on the mat to make the people run and jump.
"Timmay!"

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2001, 11:37:04 AM »
I remember some areobics game that used the powerpad.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2001, 07:14:59 AM »
Just curious: What is a "perhiphial?"  The word looks like a Greek cognate, but it's not in the dictionary.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2001, 02:13:25 PM »
I might of spelled it wrong, but its basically like an add-on.

Does your face hurt?
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

GC

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2001, 09:43:04 AM »
*coughcoughsputter* You youngins don't know what a Power Pad is? Now I feel old.

The Power Pad was mainly used for World Class Track Meet. You were supposed to run in place to hit the big buttons on the pad, although I've heard people often just got down and used their hands.

Also, the word is "peripheral", and it means the extra devices used on a system.  The NES Zapper and the SNES Multitap are a couple examples.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2001, 02:49:34 PM »
I wasn't trying to criticize anybody's spelling, I just didn't understand.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2001, 03:36:02 PM »
The Power Pad?  I LIVED it, man!  My parents fought to find an NES for me the first Christmas they were availabe, way back in the day.  Of course, I was about 4, so I don't really remember all the details.  My NES came with the first legal American multicart, with SMB, Duck Hunt, and World Class Track Meet.  I had the Zapper and the Power Pad and yes, we would just get on our knees and use our hands.  Those were the good old days... my house was broken into in 1992 and all my videogames were stolen, including the Power Pad.  As a 3rd grader, I was ticked.

Anyway, the Power Pad is still available at used video game stores.  It was fairly widespread.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2001, 06:09:17 AM »
hehe so you do remember when i visited your house Hinopio huh? just kidding I have no idea where  you live. And any way 'bout the power pad. I found one once at a Good Will store in its original box (but in poor condition) for 5 bucks but i had no idea what game it was for so i didnt buy it. Later i found out there wasnt a Mario game to play it with so i was happy i didnt buy it so to clutter up my house.

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - marionut#1 on 5/24/2001 5:12:42 AM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2001, 02:50:02 PM »
That reminds me... last summer I found a brand new (in the box, never opened) Sega 32X at a Wal-Mart in Arkansas for $5.  Ov course I bought it, even though I don't have any 32X games.  I'm a nostalgia junkie.
Someone set up us the bomb!

Print