Print

Author Topic: Game Ideas  (Read 8163 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 03:02:02 PM »
(and no, not NSMB!!!)

(also, good luck trying to pitch that!)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 04:19:04 PM »
Super Mario World is Super Mario Bros. 4.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 06:15:33 PM »
Hmm. I have had thousands of game ideas in the past. Most of them were horribly similar to games that already existed, depending on my state of obsession. I once drew this DKC/BK ripoff starring a lizard, and I was the final boss ('cause, you know, it was my game idea). Later on I made a Zelda-type game starring the boss version of me. I even made a Kirby ripoff about a little round alien with really strong antennae.

As for the present, (read: not in the past) I have been pondering for the longest time an original game idea. The best I could come up with is a game that combines elements from all the major genres: Platformer, Adventure, Racing, Fighting, Shooting, Puzzle, Strategy. It would have it all. Though it would probably take a while before games that big can be made.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 07:11:13 PM »
Awesome (yes that's the title I have in mind for it): A Beat-em-up/RPG/Platformer starring Chuck Norris and Mr. T. The duo travels the world fighting the evils of Oprah Winfrey and just generally being awesome. The difficulty can be adjusted from Wimp (Easy) to Ball Busting (Super Hard). Includes a two player co-op mode and a battle mode. Battle mode includes unlockable characters like Steven Seagal, Jack Bauer and David Hasselhoff.

Yes, the Chuck Norris fad is old but I'd still love to see this game be made someday.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 07:34:01 PM »
Okay but there already is a game called Awesome.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 04:09:22 PM »
I have a funny idea for a Resident Evil ripoff, but I fear it's still a little early to talk about in a public place such as the Internet.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »
It would be a shame if your ripoff idea got stolen by someone else.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 10:25:59 PM »
It wouldn't be stolen.  In fact, I'm pretty sure there are other people out there who have the same idea.  The idea is to replace the zombies with political guys that tick me off.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 10:28:49 PM »
Oh yeah, THAT would be a great way to prevent all the anti-video game hullabaloo.

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 10:48:18 PM »
That could at least be a mod, and at most be annoying freeware.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 03:51:30 PM »
My dad thought it was a funny idea, but then again, we get ticked off at the same politicians.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 06:02:57 PM »
Reminds me of that canned SNES game about Bill Clinton's cat.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 10:24:57 PM »
The perfect thing: A SushieBoy platformer.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 05:28:45 PM »
a Mario Pokemon crossover game and a New Super Mario Bros. 2 + 3

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 09:59:11 AM »
Ideas for new Mario games aren't really original. Nintendo's probably heard them a trillion times before; besides, new sequels are the last thing the Mario franchise needs. But anyway, here's another idea.

The Hunted: An espionage (not stealth) game set in Africa for much of the game, and also England and France. You're John Buttkicker, a "double-double agent": a freelance mercenary-type dude whose job is to track down and either kill or capture infamous double-agents and criminals. You are sent to a city in Africa to capture a man accused of various war crimes (I'll have to think of a name and background for him), until your plane is shot down over the vast African wilderness. The game is almost like MGS3 with an emphasis on survival (treating wounds, stuff like that) and action (beating the crap out of guards, stuff liek that). The game will be intended to be cinematic: Although it's in third-person there's no HUD, and during gameplay the camera angle will switch dynamically to give the best viewing angle of the action (although the effect can be toned down if it gets annoying). Eventually you'll be brought to Europe, where the bad guy plans a nuclear attack and whatnot. Not a very good plot, but it should be a nice, actiony game.
every

Print