Poll

Where do you place your Wii's sensor bar?

Above the television
33 (89.2%)
Below the television
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Print

Author Topic: Common "Sense"  (Read 12413 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 07:31:04 PM »
I placed mine on top.  I considered placing it on bottom just to see how that would work out, but I didn't feel like going through with the two steps involved (moving it, and then telling the Wii that it's below).  Besides, I like the way it looks.

I recently got some pseudodrapes in my room so it's always fairly dark in there (and actually better for playing in the day because at night, if that blue LED on the remote is shining in a room with no other light besides the TV, that's death in the corner of your eye, and if you have the light on, there IS a glare, and it IS horrible)

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 08:05:31 PM »
Above the TV. There's no other place it would fit.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »
Mine's on the top of the TV, because it blends with my TV, like LD's.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 02:44:07 AM »
and actually better for playing in the day
That's how my bedroom is, but I only play PC there.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
I don't think I'd be able to put it anywhere when I get a Wii, because there's no room above or below. Maybe my TV antenna can just sit on it. XD
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »
I have it above because, like Luigison, everything would get in the way when I lean back. 

I don't worry too much about interference, except for at night, if I have the fan light on.  With 4 65 watt bulbs, it's a little too bright.  Out of curiosity, has anyone else tried pointing with lights other than the sensor bar?  I can actually get pretty good results from the fan light, but it is awkward at times.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »
I place it at the top of my TV.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 09:30:14 PM »
I'm pretty surprised how many people put the sensor bar on top versus the bottom. Perhaps it's because I don't have my own television.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 10:13:11 PM »
Well, above the TV seems to make "sense" because it's natural for most people to hold a remote pointing slightly upward.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 10:24:36 AM »
Well the fact that you tell the Wii where the bar is seems to suggest that it compensates for the remote actually being pointed at the screen rather than at the sensor bar.
My sensor bar is on top also.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 10:29:02 AM »
It doesn't compensate enough on the Wii menu for my 50" TV.  Zelda seems fine though.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 07:52:04 PM »
I wonder if you were back further if it would work better. Obviously the screen size doesn't actually affect the motion of the pointer, so I wonder what is actually throwing it off.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 10:06:13 PM »
It's always been on the top for me. It works well like that. It'd just be awkward having the cord go around to the front when on top it can just fall back.
Oh well, I didn't even have it for around a week because I left it at home when I went back to school
Good thing the Classic Controller can navigate the menus! Wii Sports works suprisingly well without a pointer, although the Cursor off mode of Twilight Princess is kind of annoying to aim things. I like pointing and shooting!
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 11:30:34 PM »
In my TV's old position, where I couldn't point at the screen from my throne very well, I was forced to use the non-pointing mode for Twilight Princess. It slipped my mind to change to pointing when I had to move into the living room while my floor was replaced, and so I beat the whole game without point-shoot control. Now I can point at stuff from here just fine. Still, to get all the goodness out of Smooth Moves, you need to stand.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »
On top of my TV.  Actually it's on top of my VCR, which is on top of the TV.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print