Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273328 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2310 on: August 25, 2007, 05:18:53 PM »
My mom bought four pieces of living room furniture for one hundred dollars:

It's not as comfortable as it looks... it's only around until we get good, matching furniture.
Anyway, the only thing that was in there before (aside from the TV, not visible in the photo) was this couch:

It's really weird-looking, isn't it? Well, I'm not so happy about the replacement as much as the possibility that the couch may end up in this room. It would fit in here... if it's possible to get it inside. My door is hardly two feet wide. It'd be good to have when I have company, I always either have to pull out the middle mattress of my bed or make him sleep on the floor. Not only that, but I only have this computer chair and my bed as places to sit.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2311 on: August 25, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »
I like that couch in the second picture. It looks awesome.

In other HOPEFUL news, I am very close to getting a cell phone ^_^. My dad is thinking about how, as of late, it has been kind of inconvenient figuring out how I'm going to get/leave home every weekday from/to school, as he doesn't know his work schedule until he starts work. I'll finally be getting a cell phone, and this time, it'll be for a reason.

Lastly, I have been putting some thought into getting a job. My school is conveniently located near one of the major roads in my city, and that road has the Westfield Shopping Mall located right on it. I've really been wanting money as of late, as there're many video games I've had an eye on, and I am still aiming to get a bigger guitar amp ($425) and a really nice Cort bass ($575). Unfortunately, my dad's not planning on helping me with getting a job until he gets a progress report card from school, which is in six weeks -_-. Oh well, I just have to hope for the best.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2312 on: August 25, 2007, 08:59:17 PM »
Your dad souds like he's in much the same situation as my dad. My whole family has cell phones, and they have been invaluable for keeping track of each other. It used to be that before we got cell phones, my dad would call my school and tell them to tell me when he would get off work, then hope for the best. It never worked very well.

...Anyway, what I'm saying is that you should get one. It will prove itself useful.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2313 on: August 25, 2007, 10:04:29 PM »
I had a cell phone once. I'm probably getting another one in a few weeks, merely due to the fact that I'm going to be out and will return home at irregular times soon.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2314 on: August 26, 2007, 12:57:30 AM »
I went somewhere very nice today with my friend I barely hang out with. We had a blast! After that, we blasted Good Will.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2315 on: August 26, 2007, 01:23:15 AM »
2 more days until school starts again.

Technically though, it's a college course that counts as more credit but whatever.

It's just going to be fun to be vastly superior to everyone again.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2316 on: August 27, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »
WOW! My Wii gets shipped to my house TOMORROW!! YES!!!!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #2317 on: August 27, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
First day of school for me. It was okay, I suppose.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2318 on: August 29, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »
Yesterday was my first day. It was fairly unremarkable, except for my new Science teacher. At first she seemed rather aggressively sadistic (she said right off the bat that if she was in a bad mood, she'd give us all extra work), but as it turns out, first impressions can be decieving, and I found she was fairly nice, and similar to me. She's irritable, often sarcastic for no reason, and has a little moustache, just like me. Other then that, it was all according to plan.
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2319 on: August 29, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »
Yeah, speaking of rude teachers, my English teacher is very snooty. She has this horrible sarcastic attitude that she displays all the time. For example, she tells everyone to show if they have a Composition notebook (I ask, WRY a Composition one?). I hold up my giant binder for all of my classes and say, "it's in here."
"WELL I'M NOT SUPERMAN."
I was like, "lol wut." She didn't even know who I was yet and she's already copping an attitude. Oh well, I guess all I can do is be polite about it.

I also have learned that it is a guideline not to give homework out on Wednesdays in Christian schools, due to what I now think is because of many churches having a Wednesday night service (which I never attend, nor does anyone else in my family.) Well, that just means no homework!

Oh, I forgot which thread is this. I see it's HOPEFUL...well, the above can count as HOPEFUL. Also, I am getting my guitar back with a killswitch installed in an hour or less!! :D. I can't wait to experiment and play Jordan.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #2320 on: August 29, 2007, 03:40:14 PM »
I also have learned that it is a guideline not to give homework out on Wednesdays in Christian schools, due to what I now think is because of many churches having a Wednesday night service (which I never attend, nor does anyone else in my family.) Well, that just means no homework!

In France, schools are closed on Wednesdays, for similar reasons.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2321 on: August 29, 2007, 06:14:18 PM »
I beat Super Paper Mario over the weekend! (I can't believe I didn't post it here earlier...) The ending was so beautiful... but I won't spoil anything for people who haven't beaten it. ;)

Speaking of SPM, one of my friends finally got it recently! It makes me happy knowing my friends are happy. ^_^
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #2322 on: August 29, 2007, 08:53:25 PM »
GG, I always thought you had already beaten it for some reason.   :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2323 on: August 29, 2007, 10:42:09 PM »
I go back to school on Tuesday and today it's my mom's birthday!!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2324 on: August 30, 2007, 07:10:20 PM »
My Wii is home. It reads discs again. My Miis were not deleted, but all my downloaded channels and games were. But as I see right now, I can redownload them at no charge. So today is the first day I played Wii Play. My advice: BUY. IT. And quickly! Buy it before the free remote deal is over (if it ever ends). You'd have to pay forty dollars for a remote, why not pay ten dollars more for nine games? Pool and laser hockey are surely worth five dollars each, by themselves...
I need to pass the ludicrous state tests in P.E. this year. I must. I will use Wii Boxing and, on some occasions, Dr. Crygor's stage in Smooth Moves, to do so.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print