Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273903 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2445 on: October 06, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »
That bonsai is so cool it warps the space-time continuum. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2446 on: October 06, 2007, 06:07:12 PM »
That's beautiful, Bird Person. My mom would love it. Hah, I love it.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2447 on: October 06, 2007, 07:12:02 PM »
That's really cool Bird Person. By the way, whose ears and tail are those peeking out from behind the banister?
Zorra. She spends a lot of time on that deck (right outside the kitchen).
There were others, some cheaper, some more expensive. One other I liked was a $10 pine in a cool little green pot, but you know how you get what you pay*... I just really like the idea of a tiny tree in a pot. My mom's a fan of potted plants too, so she'll like it. I'm afraid if I get areless it'll die, though, as her plants sometimes do ;^_^) I have to pick the dead needles off of it with tweezers every so often, though. They're really pokey.

There was this bigger one that was being given away in a raffle that looked really good. This guy was working on it the whole time I was there. When I got there it looked good, but by the time I got out of the Taoist Museum (really neat old stuff in there, it was an actual place for Chinese prayer and a school room once) he was almost done trimming and was wrapping the branches with wires to shape them. If you look closely there are wires around mine, too. It was a 15-year-old Juniper. I don't know how old mine is...

*Actually I only had $14.50 in my wallet, but the man still sold it to me, which made me feel bad... I was only SUPPOSED to have $13.50, because the large sodas at the bowling alley are $1.50 and I didn't notice I got a dollar more than I was supposed to for change. I guess I'll just put a dollar in the tip jar next week to pay. I'm responsible with my money, but I don't carry as much as I should.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2448 on: October 07, 2007, 10:03:17 AM »
I just feel happy. Last Sunday, I participated in this event called Humanitarian Day. There were over 600 volunteers (Muslim, mostly, but Mormon's and other Christian communities, too) and we served about 1,100 homeless people!

It feels great to help the people in need. I just love it :D. I really do.

P.S.
My mom has gone all nostalgic and got the first season and the "Farewell" season of Little House on the Prairie! So Awesome...not considering the price (which was almost 80 bucks).

Nice, Little House is one of my favorites.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #2449 on: October 07, 2007, 09:53:01 PM »
What did you name it?

« Reply #2450 on: October 08, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »
So it looks like John Solomon and the rest of the crew at YWiBaYSFB are holding a contest for combining two bad webcomics into one horrible monstrosity.

I'm going to enter, and my subjects are going to be VG Cats and Megatokyo. I would've gone with Bleedman but I really don't want to write up a large boring narrative.

So uh wish me luck and stuff.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2451 on: October 08, 2007, 08:30:01 PM »
I read him sometimes. I wonder what he'd think of Filibuster Cartoons...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2452 on: October 09, 2007, 09:42:56 AM »
I bought StarCraft yesterday.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #2453 on: October 09, 2007, 11:14:21 AM »
W00t! M&SatOG soon :) approx. 50 yays... er... days :P
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #2454 on: October 09, 2007, 02:16:49 PM »
I'm hopeful because I just bought The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog on DVD, as well as two more volumes of the old TMNT. :)
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2455 on: October 09, 2007, 02:42:27 PM »
M&SatOG
It took me a while to figure out what that meant.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2456 on: October 09, 2007, 05:02:16 PM »
Drew Carey starts hosting TPiR in less than a week. It will be awesome.

(Yeah yeah I know "it won't be the same without Bob" I don't care, Drew Carey's awesome too.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2457 on: October 09, 2007, 06:00:01 PM »
I'm hopeful because I just bought The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3

You have chosen well. I got that for my birthday last month and I just finished watching it today. I was juggling that and The Simpsons Season 10.

Drew Carey starts hosting TPiR in less than a week. It will be awesome.

Whoa, really? Neat. Too bad I only get one channel...and it's ABC.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2458 on: October 09, 2007, 10:33:29 PM »
You should be glad.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2459 on: October 10, 2007, 01:34:01 AM »
O-M-G O-M-G

SONIC.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print