Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273331 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2475 on: October 12, 2007, 09:14:59 PM »
^ Well, Bungie DID split with Micro$oft, so anything's possible.

I have to say, I'm quite pleased with the new snapshot system for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The improvements are numerous...
  • Snapshots can be taken any time on a pause screen
  • They can be moved to SD cards. I think it's pretty likely that they will be in a normal image form: suitable for posting, or the Smash Bros. album on TMK, without expensive equipment.
  • Even if this is not the case, they can be sent over Wi-fi to someone who DOES have expensive equipment. >:D
  • That snapshot of Yoshi is only one block. In Melee it would have been about nine.
See? This is the kind of nice stuff that is still in development. The blurred item, which I suspect might just have something to do with viewing the image in 3-D as in the pause screen, is still a possible "no," even with the three-month extension. What could that button do? Will we ever even know?
I'm glad they're taking the time to add more little features. It shows, here, that the game isn't just to make Nintendo some money. The snapshot mode is not a huge factor in one's decision to buy Brawl, but it's definitely going to be enjoyable for those who do. I know I'm going to have a wonderful time with this. All those times you paused in the middle of a Melee with a perfect shot, but couldn't get it... no more.
Yeah, the memory card thing couldn't be helped, but I think having to go to a separate mode just to do screenshots was criminally retarded. Half the fun is the spontaneity! It's like the pause menu was saying, "like this scene of Yoshi looking fat 'cause he's in the middle of swallowing Ganondorf? Well, too bad!"
I mean, if you've got summa that fancy-schmancy image-capturing technology hooked up to your tube, then no worries, but... oh, well. If you look on the bright side, everything that's bad about any game is just one more thing they can improve on in the sequel.
As for the blurred thing, my bro and I are thinkin' "EDIT"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2476 on: October 12, 2007, 10:15:59 PM »
Eid, eid, eid

Eid, eid, eid

EID!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2477 on: October 12, 2007, 10:56:44 PM »
Well, Bungie DID split with Micro$oft, so anything's possible.

Huh? When did that happen?
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2478 on: October 13, 2007, 12:33:37 AM »
* Bird Person clasps his hands onto his head at the sight of Pt_Peach's subliminal messages and says, "Argh."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2479 on: October 13, 2007, 10:15:43 AM »
Huh? When did that happen?
Eh, there was a couple front-page articles on it on 1UP a while ago, and now everyone won't shut up about Halo DS.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2480 on: October 13, 2007, 11:19:44 AM »
Guys, the only reason Snake's in Brawl is because Konami, a third party company, asked Nintendo. What are the odds of something like that happening again? Sega didn't ask Nintendo to put Sonic in their game.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2481 on: October 13, 2007, 03:40:28 PM »
* Bird Person clasps his hands onto his head at the sight of Pt_Peach's subliminal messages and says, "Argh."

Haha, Bird Person doesn't give me permission to be happy about holidays.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2482 on: October 14, 2007, 09:35:35 PM »
I just got done watchin' a few Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog on YouTube. They sure don't make cartoons like they used to. :)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2483 on: October 14, 2007, 10:34:53 PM »
Guys, the only reason Snake's in Brawl is because Konami, a third party company, asked Nintendo. What are the odds of something like that happening again? Sega didn't ask Nintendo to put Sonic in their game.
More in detail, Hideo Kojima and Miyamoto are good friends and Kojima really wanted Snake in a Smash Bros. Game.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 10:36:24 PM by SolidShroom »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2484 on: October 14, 2007, 11:21:29 PM »
I'm happy that I finally finished my Lego Star Destroyer!

« Reply #2485 on: October 15, 2007, 10:35:53 AM »
So I watched The Price is Right today, as it was the first episode with Drew Carey hosting.

It was good. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2486 on: October 15, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »
Hmmm...I've been wondering what that would be like. I'm not a TPIS fan, but I'd like to see the next episode.
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2487 on: October 15, 2007, 08:01:18 PM »
Hold RB to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?

Yes, I've been graced with being able to make a new friendship at my new school with a friend who not only has a dad who gives me rides to and from school, but also has both a Wii and 360, and has rented Halo 3. I've been really liking it, and it's loads of fun. Multiplayer, both online and with friends, is very satisfying. Hopefully, my friend will buy Halo 3 soon, which isn't a stretch.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #2488 on: October 15, 2007, 08:09:31 PM »
Rock Band is officially priced at $169, and Circuit City lowered their Xbox Live price by 10 bucks. This means my eventual cost for games and gaming subscriptions I am definitely going to buy is only about 300 dollars!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2489 on: October 15, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »
O.
M.
G.

A hundred and seventy bucks? Geez. I cannot see this game becoming a commercial success. If there's anything to gaming public hates, it's games that cost over a hundred dollars (Steel Battalion), require a bunch of big peripherals (Steel Battalion), and suck to play without two or three friends (Steel Battalion Party Minigame Collection). In fact, playing solo would basically feel like just playing Guitar Hero, except you payed about a hundred bucks extra for another guitar and a drum set. I can imagine it filling the rich-kids-with-rich-friends-and-too-much-time-on-their-hands niche, but other than that, it's probably gonna fail.

Of course, this is the HOPEFUL thread, so I give them points for trying (not to mention to wicked-awesome song list).
every

Print