Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273855 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2565 on: October 27, 2007, 08:24:36 AM »
I think he laughed out of thinking she was being sarcastic or that it was too good to be true.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #2566 on: October 27, 2007, 08:43:05 AM »
If a girl I liked came up to me and returned the feeling...I'd probably do something stupid. Something way worse than just laughing.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2567 on: October 27, 2007, 12:10:23 PM »
Hope my Halloween party goes over well...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2568 on: October 27, 2007, 02:48:58 PM »
More IRC goodness.

<BriGuy92> Yesterday, on my way home from work, I found a TV sitting on the side of the road.
<BriGuy92> I checked it out, and as nothing seemed to be wrong with it, I took it home.
<Rao> IT WORKS?
<Rao> HOLY COW
<BriGuy92> When I got home, I found that it was missing the cable plug from the back.
<BriGuy92> Like, the thing looked like it had been ripped out.
<Rao> :o
<BriGuy92> So I pondered for a while on what I was to do.
<Rao> ...and?
<BriGuy92> I figured I would find a way to splice a whole cable into the back of the TV.
<Rao> are you creating suspense?
<BriGuy92> But then, I remembered my Sega Genesis RF adaptor!
<BirdPerson> Don't interrupt a story man
<Rao> :o
<Rao> XD
<BriGuy92> It has that little annoying "Antenna" plug on it, that plug that I had never used.
<BriGuy92> So I opened up the adaptor, and I unslodered the plug.
<BriGuy92> I then opened the TV and spent about an hour trying to find a way to solder the plug into the gaping hole in the TV.
<BriGuy92> I eventually, with a little help fom my dad, managed to get it roughly soldered in place, but it wasn't connected properly.
<BriGuy92> I plugged it in, and it worked somewhat.
<BriGuy92> The picture was terrible, however, and I began to wonder if that was the reason it had been thrown out.
<BriGuy92> But just now, I decided to take another crack at it.
<BriGuy92> I opened the TV back up, soldered the connections that I had not yesterday, and reslodered the ones that I had.
<BriGuy92> And behold, a perfectly working TV!
<Rao> sweet
<BriGuy92> I was so happy that I called my dad, who is currently at work.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #2569 on: October 27, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »
It's finally raining after this week of fire! It's not very hard, but I pray to God that it gets hard enough to help the firefighters :).
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2570 on: October 27, 2007, 06:15:38 PM »
We had a lot of rain this week. It barely put a dent in Tennessee's "exceptional" drought.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2571 on: October 27, 2007, 09:19:24 PM »
I'm hopeful that the remainder of my first semester of college will be as awesome as it has been so far.

Apparently, Japanese is going to become an available course next semester, and I'm definitely going to take it if that's going to happen.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2572 on: October 28, 2007, 08:37:36 AM »
I'm hopeful because I'm currently more obsessed with Guitar Hero than Cloverfield. At least the former is out today; I have to wait almost three months for a movie that doesn't even have a name or plot yet!
every

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2573 on: October 29, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
On Christmas, I might get Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy!!!!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #2574 on: October 31, 2007, 01:51:21 PM »
I'm pretty happy right now because there's a Halloween party later on tonight and I actually have a decent Weird Al costume ready for it. I probably will have pictures up later.
I'm a horrible person.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2575 on: October 31, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »
I'm in a good mood since I'll get to scare little kids with my Dr. Salvador costume. The best part is saying "¡Truco o convite!" instead of "Treat or treat!". Because, y'know. He's Spanish.
every

« Reply #2576 on: October 31, 2007, 07:24:20 PM »
I think he laughed out of thinking she was being sarcastic or that it was too good to be true.

Nope, just genuinely found it funny.

« Reply #2577 on: October 31, 2007, 08:47:35 PM »
That's still pretty mean.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2578 on: November 01, 2007, 06:58:39 PM »
For the record, I never really laughed at her. Yes, I should've stated that before, but I was just in a really bad mood. I dunno, I just felt like saying something mean to see the response it would get, which was dumb because the answer is obvious.
I have her number now, and I'm going on a date (feels odd to say that at my age) with her on Saturday. That's nice.

« Reply #2579 on: November 01, 2007, 07:43:35 PM »
I wish I was cool enough to have girls like me just so I could laugh in their face.

Also, I'm finally close to beating Metroid Prime 3. I would've beaten it a long time ago but 1) I got the game a couple of days before school began 2) I'm a perfectionist and have been backtracking for the powerups I don't have and 3) ever since then life has been screwing with me left and right so playtime was reduced to weekends.

Hopefully I won't have the same problem with Super Mario Galaxy.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print