Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273661 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2715 on: December 25, 2007, 12:36:33 AM »
Indeed, I know, I know I do... and now that I'm not trapped in my room I can be around my family to show I love them. I guess they didn't believe me when I said, "I'll be fine with Pirates 3 and Swedish Fish, tell everyone else to get me money."

I stand by the statement that Christmas is not about presents. If no one expected a whole lot and gave their loved ones little things, no one would be cranky about spending too much or getting too little. I'm not gonna complain about the laptop, though!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2716 on: December 25, 2007, 01:25:09 AM »
I stand by the statement that Christmas is not about presents.
If I remember correctly, you were the one who claimed you'd be quite mad if you didn't get a certain game or console for Christmas a couple of years back. *scratches head*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2717 on: December 25, 2007, 01:57:36 AM »
I probably did. How people change over the course of a year or two...

But I haven't gotten a game system for Christmas since I joined. I joined in 2005, and the last system I got for Christmas was a DS in 2004. So, if I ever said anything like that, it was for a game, not a system.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2718 on: December 25, 2007, 04:48:47 AM »
So I read a few of my posts at the beginning of this year and compared them to what I feel like right now.

Here's hoping that 2008 brings as much change for the positive in my life as 2007.
~I.S.~

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2719 on: December 25, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »
Here's hoping that 2008 brings as much change for the positive in my life as 2007.

"Grumpy Old DDR Cynic"

Maybe a change of CT might help!

I'm "hopeful" because I got some video games and one of them (Ghost Squad) might be the most perfect video game ever constructed.

« Reply #2720 on: December 25, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »
I got some nice things for christmas. Mario Galaxy and Mario & Sonic are the two games that I got.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2721 on: December 25, 2007, 06:51:56 PM »
Aw, shoot. It seems like the only thing I got for Christmas that I wanted was Live Free or Die Hard. The other things were all stocking stuffer-style things, like a Rubik's Cube (I already have two, neither of them solved), a chintzy, tiny digital camera you might get in a happy meal, a shirt (I mean, come on...that's what aunts are supposed to get you), and a book light, which I've gotten every year from my mom since 2001. No Orange Box. No LEGO set. I mean, if you added up the cost of all the stuff I got, I'd at least get one of those big Star Wars LEGO sets. I go through all kinds of trouble to get these people decent gifts, and I get stuff that looks like they grabbed it all at the last minute from a CVS or something. I know it's the thought that counts, but every year my presents get crappier and crappier. Next year I'll probably get some size-16 orthopedic shoes or something. Or nothing at all.
every

« Reply #2722 on: December 25, 2007, 07:13:12 PM »
it's the thought that counts, but every year my presents get crappier and crappier.
These two things should never be in the same sentence. =P

Your family still loves you. Be glad that they haven't deemed you "too old" to LIVE there and kicked you out.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2723 on: December 25, 2007, 07:30:06 PM »
Oh, that's coming next...

But, since this is the HOPEFUL thread, at least I got LFODH; the Unrated edition puts back all the F-bombs and gore and makes it into a real Die Hard movie again.
every

« Reply #2724 on: December 25, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »
You should've asked for the Die Hard collection. As awesome as Live Free is, it does not have enough of Bruce Willis ruining terrorist plots.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2725 on: December 26, 2007, 12:10:16 AM »
Well, I already got my dad the Die Hard Trilogy box set for his birthday this year, so this rounds out the collection.
every

« Reply #2726 on: December 26, 2007, 12:25:58 AM »
I found my DS! I thank whosoever it was here who told me not to give up. :D
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2727 on: December 26, 2007, 02:44:19 PM »
Glad to see Steve's life is on the upswing.  I've got to get a DS Lite. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2728 on: December 26, 2007, 02:48:41 PM »
I got Super Mario Galaxy for Christmas, and that makes me happy. Me and my cousin spent about two and a half hours playing co-op mode last night.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2729 on: December 26, 2007, 09:08:29 PM »
Sorry to say a late Merry Christmas, but at christmas I got Guitar Hero 3, and I pretty much have been playing it non-stop on Expert until I got to Lou. Now I'm stuck and can't beat him, so here I am (...rock'd u like a hurricane).

...And now whenever I hear lyrics from any of those songs on there, I always end up singing the rest of the words now.

Print