Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273957 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2970 on: March 01, 2008, 06:23:43 PM »
I just got a MySpace. Pretty cool.
every

« Reply #2971 on: March 01, 2008, 08:21:47 PM »
I've got one too if you want to be friends. I don't really use it that often though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 09:59:43 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2972 on: March 01, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »
We'll miss you.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

chucknorris

• ID:10 Tango error
« Reply #2973 on: March 02, 2008, 12:53:51 PM »
I don't really like myspace. The thought of it confuses me.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could could chuck wood?

A wood chuck could chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

« Reply #2974 on: March 02, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »
You basically use it to flood your friends comments with ****** and internet memes. At least that's what I do.

That and it's a good way to generate drama.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2975 on: March 03, 2008, 01:58:55 AM »
I may I have said this before, but the most honest reason I think I don't have one is that I have some sort of thing where if enough people are doing something (i.e. Energy drinks and cell phones), it kind of backfires in popularity in my thoughts and I don't want to do it because it gives me this uncomfortable sense of conformity.

That, and I don't exactly feel comfortable exposing a bunch of information about myself to the entire world (and the Fox Corporation). Yes, I'm aware you can make it "friends-only", or whatever, but my friends already know all the stuff about me that I'd ever post on a MySpace (also, kudos to "Tom", or whoever--I heard he lied about his age for one reason or another--for giving a website a name that no one has any idea how to pronounce in a possessive context).

Besides, if I want internet socialization, I've got it here. Yeah, not a whole lot of people like me, but I'm used to that in my life in general by this point.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2976 on: March 03, 2008, 05:19:28 AM »
Nuts to MySpace. I use LiveJournal.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2977 on: March 03, 2008, 06:04:42 AM »
I much prefer Facebook, even though I think all of the "Sites-for-having-your-friends-join-and-sharing-information" suck.

Honestly, they are just traps for pedophiles and rapists. If you know your friends, you shouldn't have to talk to them through a website.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2978 on: March 03, 2008, 10:21:11 AM »
Seriously, I have MySpace and Facebook. A site isn't going to totally change you unless you let it, so I'm not one of those retards who care if people use Social Networking, and I'm not a hypocrite who has one and loathes their existence.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2979 on: March 03, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »
Thing is, Facebook is actually useful. Unless you're stupid and use it like MySpace, which isn't useful.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2980 on: March 03, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
Facebook allows me to easily bum rides back to my hometown. Thanks, Facebook!

My outlook upon Facebook is not all praise, however. I can't possibly explain how much I hate 90% of Facebook's user/commercially made applications.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2981 on: March 03, 2008, 11:17:27 AM »
To MySpace haters: I'm sick of people complaining about something once it gets popular. I mean, yeah, MySpace is 78% emo people, weirdos and child predators, but that's because it's actually pretty useful. It's like people who complain that everything's on DVD and nothing's on VHS. Just because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean that it's a fad, it most likely means it's useful in some way. Cars, the Internet, video games, and cellphones were all claimed to be fads for kids, but now everyone's dependent on them. I doubt MySpace will ever become essential for human life, but I think you catch my drift.

But, in happier news, I'm super-psyched for Iron Man.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2982 on: March 03, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »
I can't possibly explain how much I hate 90% of Facebook's user/commercially made applications.
Neither can I. The worst ones are the apps that require you to spam invitations to your friends before you can use them.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2983 on: March 03, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »
Solution: Don't use them in the first place
I mean really, it was just fine before applications.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2984 on: March 03, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »
I never said I used them. In fact, I have asked my friends to quit sending me so many applications without seeing if they are actually any good.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print