Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273927 times)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3090 on: April 04, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »
I'd feel more uncomfortable in an Abercrombie & Fitch than a Hot Topic.
QFT. Although I don't have too much of an opinion on Hot Topic, I wholeheartedly agree.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3091 on: April 04, 2008, 10:03:25 PM »
^ I tend to stay away from A&F; partially because there's not really in the area and partially because I've caught wind of some pretty controversial stuff of theirs (i.e. racist T-shirts and blatant nudity in one of their catalogues).

It has always seemed very strange to me that all the Nintendo apparel is sold at Hot Topic. Mario and My Chemical Romance are pretty far from each other... But the shirts they sell feel like stuff nostalgic n00bs wear (Goomba = Game Over!? No way would I wear that) so I don't really care. I feel uncomfortable if I'm in there too long, though.
Indeed.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3092 on: April 04, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »
On the subject of clothing stores, I would not be caught dead in a Hollister unless I was planting explosive charges inside.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3093 on: April 04, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »
I really don't understand any of those places and have absolutely no desire to set foot in any of them. Plus, all they do is sell clothes that advertise the brand. Do people think it's cool to be a walking advertisement? Is it a status symbol, saying I Wasted My Money Here! ?  I don't get it.
That was a joke.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3094 on: April 05, 2008, 12:19:33 AM »
I'd feel more uncomfortable in an Abercrombie & Fitch than a Hot Topic.

They're actually owned by the same people, believe it or not.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #3095 on: April 05, 2008, 02:13:01 AM »
Either way, Abercrombie & Fitch is like this...Bishonen HQ or something. The atmosphere is caustic, I'm telling you.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3096 on: April 05, 2008, 05:07:36 AM »
I personally wouldn't be seen in clothes from there, unless it was as a joke. But that would never happen because it's too expensive.
Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3097 on: April 05, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »
Clothes that say HOLLISTER, ABERCROMBIE and/or FITCH on them are targeted at people with too much money who like to passive-aggressively brag about the clothes they wear because of their self-esteem issues. At least, that's my interpretation.
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3098 on: April 05, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »
Clothes that say HOLLISTER, ABERCROMBIE and/or FITCH on them are targeted at people with too much money who like to passive-aggressively brag about the clothes they wear because of their self-esteem issues. At least, that's my interpretation.

I'm pretty sure you just nailed it.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3099 on: April 05, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »
I thought it was just because everyone else in their community seemed to wear them and they would be socially shunned if they did not.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3100 on: April 05, 2008, 11:37:27 AM »
Same difference?
That was a joke.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #3101 on: April 05, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »
QFT. Although I don't have too much of an opinion on Hot Topic, I wholeheartedly agree.

I go to Hot Topic for their awesome Mario clothes, albeit overpriced.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3102 on: April 05, 2008, 03:47:18 PM »
Why is there a clothing line called "Aeropostale"? Isn't that French for "Airmail"?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3103 on: April 05, 2008, 08:43:02 PM »
Yes, it is. I never got it either.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #3104 on: April 06, 2008, 12:54:07 AM »
This topic reminds me why pretty much all of my clothes comes from contests, giveaways and wrestling events.

Though it saddens me that I've come into contact with the exact same people you guys have described, made even worse by the fact that many of them drive "green" vehicles, use Apple computers exclusively and/or are incredibly left wing.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print