Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1274113 times)

« Reply #3330 on: June 19, 2008, 03:15:05 PM »
Well, today was pretty cool. I finished my English exam, which I thought would be the hardest. My only exam left is the Math exam, but I'm a math wiz. After that, I'm free!

I also got Mario Kart Wii. I have to preform a system update in order to play it, through, which I'm not willing to do until it's fixed. Fortunately, I'm getting it fixed tomorrow, so that's great. I also got a golf glove so I won't get a blister while holding the clubs, a new pair of running shoes, and we looked into what kind of Badminton sets Wal-mart carries. This summer is gonna be different for me, I tells ya.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #3331 on: June 23, 2008, 12:00:29 PM »
I'm hopeful because I finally received a Big Boss ranking in an MGS game.

The game is Twin Snakes. Yeah, it's probably the easiest Metal Gear game, but I'm also pretty sure I earned a Big Boss ranking in MGS2 as well (but because the rank comes in the form of a clear code, I'll never really know).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:12:12 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3332 on: June 23, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »
It's almost my birthday and, although I probably won't do anything, I'm still quite happy.

Oh, that and the weather is coming to it's senses.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3333 on: June 23, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
I've got insane thunderstorms here.
Also, I finish school tomorrow, so I'm happy for that.
Pretty crappy start to the summer in regards to the weather, though.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #3334 on: June 23, 2008, 04:09:52 PM »
I'm free!
I've got insane thunderstorms here.
Also, I finish school tomorrow, so I'm happy for that.
Pretty crappy start to the summer in regards to the weather, though.

Well, I guess the summer doesn't really start until that last second on the clock ticks, right?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3335 on: June 23, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »
Actually, it started on Friday.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3336 on: June 23, 2008, 04:55:44 PM »
I'm hopeful because I finally received a Big Boss ranking in an MGS game.

The game is Twin Snakes. Yeah, it's probably the easiest Metal Gear game, but I'm also pretty sure I earned a Big Boss ranking in MGS2 as well (but because the rank comes in the form of a clear code, I'll never really know).

Congrats, man. I've yet to get a BB rating in any MG game.
every

« Reply #3337 on: June 23, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »
Less than a month ago I struggled with easy mode on both MGS2 and Twin Snakes. I can't tell you how many times I had to restart and memorize the game in order to get the ranking. It was painful, but worth it in the end.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 05:40:08 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #3338 on: June 23, 2008, 06:51:45 PM »
I'm happy because I got a soundhole pickup for my acoustic guitar.

The brand is Bill Lawrence, and it's quite good so far.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3339 on: June 23, 2008, 06:54:31 PM »
That's awesome, but that seems like it would really get in the way. Also, can you switch it out between guitars if you ever get a new one? How's it sound?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3340 on: June 23, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »
??? It's not like it's permanently affixed to the guitar or something, and how would they get in the way anyway when you don't touch the sound hole?
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3341 on: June 23, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »
I'm an acoustic guitar nub, I guess. But it seems like your hand would hit it while strumming unless your action was incredibly high. I guess now that you think about it though, it wouldn't be any more annoying than an electric guitar pickup.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #3342 on: June 23, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »
It just wedges in the soundhole. I can take it out whenever I want to, and no, it doesn't get in the way at all. It's under the strings and doesn't touch when I play, and if I needed to, I could tape the cord to the body. It sounds pretty great, just like an acoustic amplified.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3343 on: June 23, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »
Just got The World Ends With You. Never before has a game this ridiculously complicated been so enjoyable, save for Alpha Centauri. There's like twenty different ways to gain XP, attack types can be stacked in order of importance or preference, stats are affected by clothing brand popularity, and food digestion is modeled based on number of battles fought, ending with a permanent stat increase. Geez. At first it seems like they just went crazy with all this crap (especially the ridonkulous battle system), and the first ten minutes just beg for you to put the game down in disgust. But then, it all just seems to click, and now I can't put it down. I have the game paused as I type this.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3344 on: June 24, 2008, 12:07:01 AM »
I've heard it's pretty great.
That was a joke.

Print