Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273392 times)

« Reply #3630 on: September 02, 2008, 07:32:50 PM »
I just saw a headline on Yahoo News that said something like 'Disaster Movie' not that funny. I took this as a sign that they (the people who make the *Blank* Movie movies) should give it a rest. I haven't heard anybody say anythig good about any of those movies.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3631 on: September 02, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »
I hate those movies.  Scary Movies were great, but everything after that sucked.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3632 on: September 02, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
I believe that not all the "___ Movie" flicks are made by the same bunch. It's so pointless, anyway--if I want to see someone make fun of popular movies, I'll do it for free on YTMND or YouTube or something.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3633 on: September 03, 2008, 02:29:02 AM »
They all draw from the same common source of pop-culture paordies. I don't think there's a single ____ Movie that hasn't parodied Star Wars, the Matrix, or Spider-Man, and this is a bad thing.

If anything is likely to kill modern humor, it's the ____ Movies (Meet the Spartans included). Nowadays all it takes to make your average Joe laugh is to quote "I am your father", make a poop joke, and have a crappy actor do an impression of a celebrity that was briefly in the headlines a month before the movie came out.
every

« Reply #3634 on: September 03, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »
Yeah, they need to change the formula if anything.
I'm a horrible person.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3635 on: September 03, 2008, 02:37:49 PM »
But then it wouldn't be a ____ Movie.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3636 on: September 03, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »
You say that like it's a bad thing...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3637 on: September 03, 2008, 06:22:20 PM »
Superhero Movie is pretty good, especially the gag reel of deleted (?) scenes after the movie ended. This was in the theater; not sure how they present those things on DVD. Also it has Brent Spiner. That's worth your money right there!

Meet the Spartans was uber, uber, uber crap.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3638 on: September 03, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
Disaster Movie is the worst yet, from what I read on this site.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3639 on: September 04, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »
I might plan to see it for the Cloverfield spoof; everything else, no.

Also, how can you spoof a comedy? Rather, how stupid can you be to try to spoof a comedy?
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3640 on: September 04, 2008, 06:23:11 PM »
From what I read in the review, the Cloverfield spoof only lasts a brief moment and is also a spoof of another movie. Don't waste your time, Glorb.

« Reply #3641 on: September 04, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »
I might plan to see it for the Cloverfield spoof; everything else, no.

Don't do that, man! Don't throw your money away from one "good" moment in a 2 hour crapfest. That's like selling your soul to Satan for one minute with a lightsaber.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3642 on: September 04, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »
At least try to haggle for one minute with 2 lightsabers.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3643 on: September 04, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
Duude, I'd obviously just get the lightsaber, kill Satan, and then reign as the new ruler of hell and get a totally wicked-sweet cape and an army of minions.
every

« Reply #3644 on: September 04, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »
But the only way to beat Satan is to best him in a rock off. Besides, he's Satan, he'd probably do something to your lightsaber before he'd give it to you.

Print