Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273299 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3870 on: December 06, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »

Yes, this is videogames being won in a vending machine (Caveat: It's $50. Better know what you're doing.)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3871 on: December 06, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »
Are you saying it costs $50 to play? To potentially win a $50 Wii game?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3872 on: December 07, 2008, 08:50:26 AM »
Well, that's two games, so I guess you could save $50. Or not. No one said it was a great idea.

« Reply #3873 on: December 07, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »
That's not a vending machine, that's a game. You don't win stuff from vending machines.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3874 on: December 07, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »
I put a dollar in a change machine and won four quarters once.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3875 on: December 07, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »
That's not a vending machine, that's a game. You don't win stuff from vending machines.
Oh, well I guess I meant "crane game" (which is still a machine that vends, but there is a difference).

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3876 on: December 14, 2008, 02:40:14 AM »
My English teacher (the same one that gave me the last $10 I needed to buy the Orange Box at the beginning of this year so that I could review the three new games in it) gave me a (relatively) new video card as an early Christmas present on Friday. It was installed in her old computer at some point, but that died, and she didn't have a use for the card any more, so she decided to give it to me after reading my response for a schoolwide survey conducted for the school paper (it was "what do you want for Christmas?"; my response was "lasagna...no, really, I want a new video card"). It's an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro.

I can now play the BioShock demo, so if I like it (I haven't played through it yet due to a problem the video card caused, detailed later in this post), I basically just have to decide when I'm getting it.

One problem: the way the onboard audio and video were set up on my computer means that when I changed the default settings for output so that I could use the new card, it disabled my sound as well. However, this should be remedied later, when I go tearing through some of my old desktops looking for a sound card.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3877 on: December 14, 2008, 10:23:37 AM »
I've been playing through SMRPG. I saved at the very beginning and intentionally haven't saved since. My goal is to keep playing through and getting game overs to get every character to level 30 as early in the game as possible. Because I don't really care about losing, I'm playing much more riskily than I usually do. Got to Booster Tower with Mario at level 8 and Mallow and Geno around level 5. Only had one Pick-Me-Up left, so when Mallow and Geno died in battle, I didn't bother reviving them, since Mario could handle most things on his own. At the fireball floor, Mallow leveled up, replenishing all his HP, and I replaced Geno with Bowser. Skipped the Booster fight and went on to Knife Guy and Grate Guy. Geno died pretty early on. Mario died, I used the Pick-Me-Up, and then he died again, leaving Bowser, asleep, against both of them on piggyback. Bowser had about 30 HP left when they both ran out of FP. He woke up after a few turns, and used a Mushroom, and then started attacking Knife Guy. The two of them separated, Grate Guy put Bowser to sleep, and then they piggybacked, but still had no FP, so nothing happened for five turns or so. Bowser killed Knife Guy eventually, and Grate Guy's only solo attacks were the sleep bubble, Echofinder, and a physical attack that I can dodge pretty easily. Pretty much every time he put Bowser to sleep, he followed up with Echofinder, and Mute apparently cancels out Sleep. So Bowser beat him too. That was pretty sweet.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #3878 on: December 15, 2008, 01:44:20 AM »
I'm now a member of Stack Smash! I'm ecstatic. :D
No! I don't want that!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3879 on: December 15, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »
The semester is over! Time to play video games like there's no tomorrow!

« Reply #3880 on: December 17, 2008, 07:41:57 PM »
January 13th. That is when we go have the ultrasound, and find out what we are having. I wouldn't mind if it was a boy, but I will be happy with whatever the doctor sees/finds. As long as it is healthy.

.. and my beautiful wife, of course. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3881 on: December 19, 2008, 01:04:56 PM »
School's out for Christmas Break two days early! We had a two hour-delay on Wednesday, then no school Thursday, and also none today! Then again, that's just two more days to make up before Summer Vacation...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3882 on: December 19, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »
I'm now a member of Stack Smash! I'm ecstatic. :D
Me too! I'm excited. :D
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3883 on: December 20, 2008, 11:00:17 PM »
The semester is over! Time to play video games like there's no tomorrow!

My thoughts exactly.  Heck, I dug out the ol' SNES today.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #3884 on: December 23, 2008, 06:10:06 PM »
Xbox 360 Elite get!

...I suck so bad at Fallout 3.
No! I don't want that!

Print