Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1274284 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3975 on: January 21, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »
bob's line of reasoning doesn't hold up. Not everyone likes the same type of game.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3976 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »
There's more than one type of game on the 360.

« Reply #3977 on: January 21, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »
I plan on getting a 360 AND a PS3 because it can play DVDs and it has Little Big Planet which I heard is just plain awesome to play. Everything in that game is customizable, and it has Wi-Fi, meaning you can share your creations with anyone. I want a 360 because of Pac-Man Challenge and Banjo: Nuts and Bolts. I've seen N+B and it looks really good. The levels are massive, which is cool because I like the feeling like an ant (sometimes) exploring and building stuff.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3978 on: January 22, 2009, 12:50:09 AM »
bob, you and LD and TEM are only ever talking about your online shooters and your E4 style madness.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3979 on: January 22, 2009, 01:17:42 AM »
If I had a PS3, I'd go for LBP and all the MGS games I missed (all but Twin Snakes). And whatever that Giant Enemy Crab Racer game is. I don't have the money or real motivation for one though. Not saying it sucks or anything--it's just way ahead of its time. PS2 games are still being made and sold.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3980 on: January 22, 2009, 07:38:55 AM »
I know, because those are the kinds of games we like. It just so happens a lot of 360 gamers like those kinds of games, I'm willing to admit. But take Bird Person and Captain Jim for example. They don't really like shooters as much, and they love the 360 as much as we do with their Banjo-Kazooie and Dead Rising and other non-uber-popular titles. No matter what system a gamer buys, they will only buy games that they will like. So you can't apply the crazy-FPS-X360-fanboy notion to the entire population of 360 gamers, because it only applies for people who like those games. So if you ever got a 360, no one's going to force you to buy Gears of War or Call of Duty. So hey! Maybe you'd like the 360.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3981 on: January 22, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »
Now you're talking sense. I do like the 360. I just don't like it best, is all.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3982 on: January 22, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »
I don't have a favorite system myself, mainly because I have access to all three.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3983 on: January 22, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »
I don't have a favorite system myself, mainly because I have access to all three.
You really shouldn't have an opinion on what your "favorite" is unless you have access to all three.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3984 on: January 24, 2009, 12:38:30 AM »
I have a Wii, and it's a lot of fun.  I like the motion controls because it makes me feel like I'm in the game, to an even greater extent than ever before.  If I had one complaint, it would have to be that a lot of the shooters (Call of Duty, for instance) are only 2 player, as opposed to 4.  This can be a problem because my brother and his friends always used to play Medal of Honor: Rising Sun on the Gamecube, and they want to have a similar experience on the Wii.  The problem is, not a lot of those shooter games for the Wii are multiplayer, and my brother and his friends aren't the kind of gamers who buy into a certain franchise, like Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, etc. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3985 on: January 24, 2009, 02:47:58 AM »
, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, etc.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3986 on: January 25, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »
So it took 21 years, but I have finally learned how to play hockey on skates.  I'll be doing that for the rest of the winter season, and then I'll start over again next winter. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3987 on: January 26, 2009, 12:19:25 AM »
I don't think it took 21 years.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3988 on: January 26, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »
I don't think that was a useful post.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant