Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273237 times)

« Reply #4020 on: February 18, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »
Things don't care. What game? What console? I know how to replace batteries.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #4021 on: February 18, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »
Can't be good for the battery backup? I will tell you right now that the only thing bad for a battery is getting smashed or too hot and exploding. The SRAM doesn't care if you erase files.
Things don't care. What game? What console? I know how to replace batteries.

Oh! I never knew that.. I was told one time that it wasn't good to erase files as that might mess up the battery backup faster. I don't recall who/what told me/where I read it, I was realtivley young, new to gaming.

Also

All Super Gameboy enhanced music .spc sets ripped by both me and someone else have been working on will up by the end of the week at Snesmusic.org. Think, Donkey Kong 94!

Cool!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4022 on: February 18, 2009, 07:18:03 PM »
http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=dumper&selected=131

The DK94 set is up! Maybe use it at the site? I don't. It's pretty rare.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:10:51 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4023 on: February 20, 2009, 12:59:17 AM »
My dad found a copy of Parasite Eve at the pawn shop for a dollar while I was at school and bought it for me. It doesn't have the manual or the original case, but I'm not going to complain about getting a game for cheap that would've cost a lot more elsewhere even if this copy is incomplete.

He got the game not because it was something I had mentioned in the past (like most non-NES* games he buys for me at pawn shops and thrift stores), but because he knew I enjoyed the novel of the same name, on which the game is (very) loosely based**.

*He just buys NES games for me anyway because they're cheap. That may have been part of the reason for this purchase, but whatever.
**I hate prepositions and their "rules," but I'm choosing to abide by this one for this post because I'm tired and really don't care about figuring a way to rewrite it to not use one at the end of a sentence like I normally do.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4024 on: February 23, 2009, 04:53:14 PM »
I finally cleared 200 lines in Tetris.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4025 on: February 23, 2009, 08:56:32 PM »
On the bright side of the my busy week, My spring break is next week
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4026 on: March 07, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »
Using only one continue (and that was after I had already got to 8-4's Bowser several times), I finally beat Super Mario Bros.! Then I beat the Buzzy Beetle-laden version, but with far more continues. Pics only if someone doubts me.

On a related note, was that continue feature something that was just put in the game as an uber-secret? Because nowhere, not even in the "Top Secret" section, is it mentioned.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4027 on: March 07, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »
I beat Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Time to party like it's 1997!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4028 on: March 07, 2009, 11:13:12 PM »
Man, I don't even have a copy of SotN to play through twelve years late.

« Reply #4029 on: March 08, 2009, 04:12:02 AM »
ShadowBrain: You not cool until you do it without continuing

TEM: Good game

WarpRattler: Thanks for sharing?

« Reply #4030 on: March 08, 2009, 07:40:32 AM »
^
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? ShadowBrain is already cool.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4031 on: March 08, 2009, 08:48:51 AM »
PL, don't spread nasty rumors like that.
every

« Reply #4032 on: March 08, 2009, 02:43:31 PM »
Our taxes came in, so we paid off a couple of bills that would have otherwise taken a bit longer to pay off. With those gone, you know what that means..?

Toad's house might have internet soon! Hurrah! I would be able to game online a lot more often than I do now, and make regular posts here (more regularly than I am now). Woo hoo!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4033 on: March 08, 2009, 05:55:40 PM »
I'm gonna go see Watchmen at the IMAX today with BP. Yaaaay Watchmen!
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #4034 on: March 08, 2009, 06:10:34 PM »
PL, don't spread nasty rumors like that.

*cries and walks off to a dark corner to slit wrists and apply sister's makeup*
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print