Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273605 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4605 on: October 03, 2009, 07:45:18 AM »
N64 Chick has merged with the Internet and forced the Pentagon to launch nuclear missiles!

Quick, get Greymon and Garurumon to combine into Omnimon and defeat the virus! It's out only hope!
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4606 on: October 03, 2009, 07:52:31 AM »
DIGIMON, DIGITAL MONSTERS, DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Anyway... yes, it's the weekend again! I only pray I can get some free time...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4607 on: October 03, 2009, 08:08:07 AM »
Got a nVidia GeForce 285 GTX graphixxx card to replace my two 9800 GTX's. It's kicking butt pretty hard.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4608 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:31 AM »
Hey, um, it was kinda annoying having to go to a relative's house to use internet. Didn't realize that someone was going to sic Omnimon on me for anything.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4609 on: October 04, 2009, 08:08:39 AM »
Well, I finally got around to updating the Harem 2.0 at PL's Tanuki Forums.

Also, GH: Van Halen should be coming soon, though it's supposedly going to be in a cardboard sleeve...

« Reply #4610 on: October 04, 2009, 01:06:56 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4611 on: October 04, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »
I lost manifold.

« Reply #4612 on: October 04, 2009, 04:02:10 PM »
The funniest thing is that I was actually anticipating a serious response, ideally one including a link to the real forum.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4613 on: October 05, 2009, 02:31:04 PM »
I should troll PL's fo...

never mind.
every

« Reply #4614 on: October 05, 2009, 09:43:08 PM »
Be my guest.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4615 on: October 06, 2009, 03:05:18 PM »
PL's expression as he posted the above comment:

But really, might you be so kind as to post a link?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4616 on: October 06, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »

« Reply #4617 on: October 06, 2009, 06:35:35 PM »
Much appreciated. Trolling has commenced.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4618 on: October 07, 2009, 12:29:11 AM »
I finished Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days earlier.

From a gameplay standpoint, I believe it's by far the best game in the series. From a technical standpoint, it's definitely one of the best DS games I've ever seen or heard - they used almost every bit of that 256MB DS card, whether it was for the music (higher-quality than most other DS games, since they didn't have to compress it as much as with a 128MB card), graphics (though the DS really doesn't need to be doing 3D stuff like this when it does fully-sprite-based graphics so much better), or the more than half an hour of FMVs. From a story standpoint? Well, I've seen worse. It's definitely entertaining enough that I stuck through with it to the end, and it does a decent enough job of bridging the rest of the gap between the two console games. A lot of it is absolutely ridiculous, though, and too many of the characters are still completely unlikeable (including the character that only appears in this game).

It seems like there were some missed opportunities and some irritating quirks in the gameplay as well. In one mission, the player's level is halved due to Roxas "having an off day." This idea could've been expanded upon - there could've been missions where he's having a really good day, resulting in, say, 20% more experience, or extra casts of all of his spells. There also could've been more in the way of randomness with items, and the cap on items you can carry back with you from a mission was too low in a few cases later on where enemies would drop item after item in a mission that also had eight treasure chests. Also, a word of advice: do not equip Glide and Float at the same time. Float overrides Glide and, because it's set to the jump button, makes Glide very difficult to use. Finally, it seemed weird that I could ignore the Aero and Blizzard lines of spells completely throughout the second half of the game with no negative repercussions whatsoever - don't punish the player for not having all of the spells equipped all the time, of course, but perhaps those six spells could've been tweaked a bit to be more useful. Maybe they're more useful in multiplayer?

Also: Donald, Goofy, and Mickey are playable characters (in mission mode only - you're stuck with Roxas for the whole of the story mode), and Donald and Mickey's utter lack of height means they're very useful in a good number of situations (Mickey moreso because he isn't useless in melee like Donald is). This is very awesome.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #4619 on: October 09, 2009, 03:08:50 AM »
I (actually) played Team Fortress 2 for the first time today/tonight.

It was the Xbox 360 version.

Despite being absolute BALLS with analog sticks, I guess I did alright. It was a LOT different from what I expected after all those gameplay videos I've watched.

Print