Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273574 times)

« Reply #4620 on: October 09, 2009, 09:10:44 PM »
It was a LOT different from what I expected after all those gameplay videos I've watched.

You can't seriously expect me to be everywhere at once.

Anyway, in Bowser's inside Story, I've finally toppled Bowser X after two clinchingly failed attempts. In retrospect, it's fairly impressive considering that I hadn't bothered to change gear beforehand, and thus completed the challenge still equipped with EXP Socks and Treasure Specs.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4621 on: October 10, 2009, 05:10:17 AM »
The first time I played TF2, I ****ing hated it. Every other player was blowing me away with unlocked equipment and I felt pathetic with my stock guns and lack of experience with any class.

But curiosity and boredom led me to try it out again, and now I play it relatively frequently.
every

« Reply #4622 on: October 10, 2009, 09:48:09 PM »
Weegee's Repulsively Descriptive Narrative of the Night:

I am proud to announce that the most vile, deplorable boil ever to have disgraced my pelvic region has just been vanquished. The repugnant blemish had grown to the size and solidity of a dime over the past month before finally having its contents forcefully ejected from my person by means of considerable thumb-pressure. At least a teaspoon of near-black blood, accompanied by an audible "squirting" sound, spurted from the wound and subsequently distributed itself over the bathroom counter, wall, sink, and onto the stack of Dixie cups normally used for rinsing. As revolting as the sight was, the soul-cleansing properties of peroxide later put my mind as ease. "Huzzah!", I though to myself, knowing that the sanctity of my pelvic area had once again been preserved.

tl;dr: Popping boils feels good man.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:55:30 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #4623 on: October 10, 2009, 10:14:05 PM »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4624 on: October 11, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »
every

« Reply #4625 on: October 11, 2009, 09:55:02 AM »
I concur with Mr. Wiggles image.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4626 on: October 11, 2009, 10:45:47 AM »
I agree, though I'd like to add my own image if I may.

Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4627 on: October 11, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »

I'm really happy that I broke three million in Battle Garegga. This puts me in the top fifty sixty for this game's tournament scoreboard, which I doubt would be the case if we had as many people playing this week as when we played, say, Raiden Fighters Jet. I think factors like the ridiculous scoring techniques and having to suicide often are turning people away.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 03:53:47 PM by WarpRattler »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4628 on: October 12, 2009, 04:42:40 PM »
Alright, I got the new PS3 update and my account's back (FYI, TEM, I befriended you, not that I'll ever really be online)!

That, and... they're adding water to LittleBigPlanet!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4629 on: October 12, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
My mom's going to Hajj which means she'll be away for a while. I've never been away from her for more than 4 days (and she from me) so I'm excited!

I'm also seeing Cirque du Soleil on Thursday, which should be awesome.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:40:17 PM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4630 on: October 14, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »
Finally, I've gotten the PSAT over with.  Now I get to look forward to an even more difficult future.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4631 on: October 14, 2009, 05:06:19 PM »
Ah, you beat me to the PSAT-hopeful post. I'm just glad it wasn't hard and, as usual, the teachers were exaggerating.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4632 on: October 14, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »
Teachers exaggerate?  What?  This will go on your permanent record!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4633 on: October 14, 2009, 07:30:43 PM »
GH: Van Halen get! Well, I got it yesterday, but I didn't get to play it until this morning. It's pretty lean compared to GH5, but it was free, after all.

That, and miraculously, presumably as a result of myriad updates to my PS3 and its games, my once-corrupted LBP data has been restored! With that buoying my spirits, I went ahead and bought a bunch of DLC--that, and a Katamari Forever demo. I'm set to convert my World Tour songs to GH5 and maybe get World of Goo tomorrow.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4634 on: October 19, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
Mario hat get. It's slightly too small and far too shallow to be worn practically, but at least Club Nintendo wasn't kidding about it being the spitting image of Mario's cap. Has anyone else received theirs?

Print