Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273848 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5370 on: February 27, 2011, 09:55:37 PM »
Luigi in Brawl and the babies in MKDD. For Double Dash!! they had rounds consisting of four players, so 75% of it was really based on luck.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5371 on: February 27, 2011, 10:06:11 PM »
After getting a new AC adapter and finding out something had happened to my Windows install that prompted a couple of days worth of troubleshooting (culminating in backing up a hundred gigabytes of data and reinstalling Windows), my netbook is finally up and running again!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5372 on: February 28, 2011, 01:57:42 PM »

(I need a better camera.)

Play-Asia was having a big Chinese New Year sale a few weeks ago, so since spending ~$25 each for budget rereleases of the PS2 ports is a lot cheaper than spending ~$80 each for PC versions, I bought Fate/stay night Réalta Nua and Clannad. They arrived today!

« Reply #5373 on: March 01, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »
Please describe, in detail, the gameplay of the game on the right.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5374 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:11 PM »
It's a game where a girl named Ibuki finds a mysterious pea on her doorstep, names it Roger and raises it as her own. It grows to the size of a standard pillow and the two fight crime and ultimately each other when Ibuki finds out Roger is having an affair with her boyfriend, Bartholomew.

It's a JRPG.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5375 on: March 01, 2011, 07:21:17 PM »
That sounds more interesting than Yet Another Military Shooter, at least.

Anyway, Clannad is a dating sim, though it's a bit more in-depth than that. All-ages (ignoring the fact that the CERO C rating means it's for players fifteen and up), to the extent that it even lacks fanservice (the original PC version was like this too; the original PC version of Fate/stay night, sadly, was not, and I'm still scarred by those scenes).

The art style is a bit odd at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly. It's certainly not as bad as the art in Umineko no Naku Koro ni, and I got used to that pretty quickly:

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5376 on: March 01, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »
Only more interesting than CoD? If I rename the girl, choose a better genre than JRPG, and come up with a plausible way for a gay pea to fight, this idea could become the next Mario.

Only BETTER.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5377 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »
It's march. The month were all of the acceptances (and rejections) flow in. Here's to hope!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5378 on: March 02, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »
To further add to the pile of music game peripherals and to me needing a better camera than my phone:

Now I can finally play beatmania IIDX legit instead of on keyboard. And it only cost me $20 (plus the cost of shipping a PS2 to Fifth's friend teh_yoshi).

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5379 on: March 05, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5380 on: March 05, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »
Going to assume you purchased that software? (Even though you never have any money)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5381 on: March 05, 2011, 06:50:11 PM »
Yes.  My parents put up half the price as a birthday gift.  And I don't have money... for games.  Doesn't mean I'm completely broke, but I've got other things I do/will need to buy.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5382 on: March 05, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
Oh, that's not how I expected that to go.

Good on you for actually buying software.

« Reply #5383 on: March 05, 2011, 08:56:47 PM »
Speaking of which, what's the safest means of obtaining Adobe Audition 3 without paying for it? As much as I hate pirating software, Audition's $350 price tag signifies that Adobe hates me even more.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5384 on: March 05, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
Get someone else to buy it for you? Or see if there are any open-source alternatives...unless you're explicitly required to use Audition, in which case your school sucks.

Print