Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273573 times)

« Reply #5730 on: August 05, 2012, 04:17:56 PM »
My friend got me Kid Icarus Uprising as an early birthday present, it is really fun and cool. It's much better than I expected, but after over 6 hours of playing, I still think the controls suck.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5731 on: August 06, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »
The replacement AC adapter for my netbook arrived today.

I also have a job interview in a couple of hours.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5732 on: August 08, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
Got another album out.  Fun times.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5733 on: August 09, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »
Out of nowhere, the Scott Pilgrim game is getting playable Wallace Wells and online multi. Totally unexpected and totally awesome.

And don't forget the hardcover color version of book 1 came out this week. BUY IT

« Reply #5734 on: August 10, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
I've managed to lose nearly 30 lb. in the past 9 or 10 weeks with just some [darn]ed exercise because last time I visited the doctor i was borderline obese. I was 213 lb, now I'm down to 187. Good feels man.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5735 on: August 11, 2012, 07:40:47 AM »
That's awesome news Ninjap00.  Keep it up.  I need to do the same thing. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5736 on: August 11, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »
My oldish broken phone has been replaced!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5737 on: August 17, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
Finally got that interview sorted out, it went well, and the "worst" case scenario is that my role will differ slightly from the rest of my group members'.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5738 on: August 17, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »
Got another album out.  Fun times.
Insta-buy.

The Scott Pilgrim reprint is pretty cool too, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5739 on: August 17, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »
I just listened to Turtlekid1's album and enjoyed most of it.  Please excuse my ingnorance on such music as I typically prefer music where musisian play real instruments, but Turttle is changing my preference.  Anyway, my thoughts:

1. Mothball - The truth is out there.  Believe... Relaxing.
2. Well Wisher - For some reason the first 50 or so seconds of this made me think of Doctor Who.  The song overall gave me a feeling that I'd heard something of it from somewhere more specific that I can't place though. 
3. Rhapsody In Zero G - My favorite.  Kind of a water level like ambiance at first that meets a Bit Trip game (Runner?) in the end.  Nice. 
4. Dewpoint - Blue Man Group? 
5. Mystic Hexatonic - Made me think of a Dust Brothers tune from Fight Club.  Cool. 
6. Branching Out - Also has a slight Bit Trip feel. 
7. Apple Addict - I don't care for this one.  Most of it is fine, but one of the sounds from the start until about 1:37 gave me nail-on-chalk-board/someone-chewing feel that is off putting. 

Note that because a track makes me think of something does not imply that Turttle ripped it from anywhere. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5740 on: August 17, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
Haha, I can safely say the only time I was consciously influenced by anything else was with "Apple Addict," which is the latest in a continuing line of my attempts to emulate Renard's (specifically Kitsune2's style.  I'm assuming it was one of the background synths you didn't like - I was going for a rhythm guitar-esque flavor there, but a lot of people don't particularly care for rhythm guitars either.  Thanks for listening!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5741 on: August 20, 2012, 04:54:10 PM »
Tokyo Jungle's US PlayStation Network release is only going to cost $14.99. GET HYPE.

Also, after several weeks of trying to get various stuff dealt with regarding the title and registration, my replacement car should finally be up and running soon!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5742 on: August 20, 2012, 07:35:42 PM »
After seven and a half months of not having a girlfriend, I once again have a girlfriend.

Also school's starting in a week, so that's pretty cool too.

Looks like you beat me to having a car again, Warp. I'm still trying to deal with insurance companies, lost bills of sale, and slow mail. Not fun stuff.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5743 on: August 21, 2012, 08:42:24 AM »
You think it'll take me seven and a half months too? :P

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5744 on: September 07, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
Got a car, got it registered and inspected, just in time to see Rush tonight! This is looking like a fantastic birthday weekend.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print