Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart DS  (Read 4808 times)

« on: May 16, 2007, 11:05:11 PM »
I've had MKDS for a long time, but thought of a question..

Whatever happened to each character having 7 of his or her own karts?

I was enjoying experimenting with each kart, only to have most of them disappear after clearing most of the game. Now, only a small selection of what was available, is available.

Is there not a way to keep the 7 Karts per character? or do I have to start my game over to get that again?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:18:51 PM »
After you've beaten everything in Grand Prix, you should be able to select any kart with any character.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:28:06 AM »
What happened? I don't remember my kart selections disappear after completing more things. And when you complete every GP, as Mß said, you get to use any character with any of the 36 karts. So, did your save data get corrupted or something?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 06:03:03 PM »
It's not that my save data corrupted, it just looked like the variety of karts disappeared. Are there still 7 karts per character?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »
No, and there never were.  Before you gain the ability to use any kart with any character, you get to use a limited number of other character's karts.  You might have mistook the extra karts as being unique to each character.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:06:40 PM »
Doesn't each character have 3 different kart styles?
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 11:28:23 PM »
Yeah.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 09:56:58 PM »
You might have mistook the extra karts as being unique to each character.

I thought that's what it was. Does that mean I still have 7 Karts per character (they are just divided up)?

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 09:09:15 AM »
No. Each character has 3 karts that are unique to them, but when you get 7 for each character, each character gets 4 karts from other characters. Do you get what I'm saying?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 11:12:28 PM »
Here's how it works:
At first, every racer has his/her own kart, that no other character can drive.
Once the game is completely beaten, every racer can use any kart that they want.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 12:30:35 AM »
So, how many more ways can we rephrase this?

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 02:49:19 AM »
Each person can phrase it 3 ways, but if you copy other people's phrasings, you can use 36 phrases.

Print