Print

Author Topic: Level 6-5 Mario Bros 3  (Read 3147 times)

« on: May 14, 2002, 08:33:07 PM »
OK, maybe someone remembers in the old school NES when mario gets into a wrap around world where the only way out is through 10 blocks and 2 hungry flowers. Anyone have any idea how we're supposed to beat that level? We've tried everything!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 06:24:26 PM »
For those of you who wonder where I pull up Mario info without rechecking: this is a BS computerequse demonstration, it looks stupid, but that is how it works, it is kinda cataloged...

"Checking -NES- files
SMB3
World 6
Level 5
How to beat... (ok, that was pointless)

Ok, I am 99% sure I have the level... but you need a tail feather and a shell. first, get the flying abilities, then stomp a Koopa, and quickly (before it revives) carry its shell up to the blocks, and kick it into the Muncher area. The blocks will be cleared out of the way, and you are free to go.

PS: That is the only level (excluding 7-9, but that one is easy) that requires much thought to beat... Good Luck!

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2002, 02:04:12 AM »
Took me a minute to realize what level you mean't, but now I see. I really hate that level. I believe it is optional so I usually skip it. Since I don't need the mushroom house (If that's the one you mean?)

Yeah, that one bugs me. Too much work.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2002, 06:58:04 PM »
I actually PREFER 6-5 to 6-6 (You can do 6-6 instead if you can't do 6-5) because 6-6 is too long, and I can beat 6-5 in about 20 seconds... The Mushroom house is a nice extra though.

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 06:07:31 AM »
Hungry flowers? Do you mean Piranha Plants [red plants with white spots, come out of pipes] or Nipper Plants [white plants that hop around] or Munchers [black plants that are in rows]?

------------------------------
"I am the mighty Shigeru Miyamoto! You will all bow down to me, for I am the God of videogames!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 09:43:19 AM »
They're the white little ones. I'd rather go through that level because in that mushroom house is a hammer suit!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2002, 11:47:35 AM »
The hardest Part is flying without dropping the shell. A needs to be pressed repeatedly while you hold B. If you let go of B, you lose the shell.

If you have a turbo controller, put A on turbo, leave BB's turbo off, and hold both buttons at the same time. Don't let go of either until you land on the platform.

Without Turbo, you should change the way you hold the controller. put your second finger in B and you middle finger on A. Hold B down, press A repeatedly. Resume normal controller position when you reach the top.

----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

Print