Print

Author Topic: Bill Gates retires  (Read 6552 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: June 29, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »
Bill Gates has (mostly) retired from Microsoft as of Friday, and will be devoting all his time to his charity. He was already mostly retired anyway, but now it's official. Except he's still staying on as a non-executive chairman. So he's still kind of not retired, I guess.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 02:26:18 PM »
I chuckled a few times at that video. I know Bill Gates made these huge innovations or whatever, but besides starting Mircrosoft I don't really know what he did. Would I have to be a computer science nerd to even understand it?

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »
Hey, I still use Microsoft BOB, why were people laughing at it? D:<
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 08:31:44 PM »
You... still use it? I thought it was amusing when I was in elementary school, but...

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 06:57:14 AM »
I installed it purely to see what all the fuss was about (on my XP machine, though I've got 98 and Vista on there too) and I start it occasionally just to wonder what was going through their heads when they made it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:23:08 AM »
Good ridence.  I hate Microsoft their OS's are crap.  Apple's Macintosh is way better.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »
Good ridence.  I hate Microsoft their OS's are crap.  Apple's Macintosh is way better.
I'm not sure if that's a legitimate post or a troll, but either way it saddens me. 
* Luigison awaits Chupperson
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:54:29 AM »
Have you seen his threads? He's a noob, cut him some slack... or not.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 09:36:47 AM »
The issue of whether to cut noobs slack is a whole 'nother topic.
As for Bill Gates retiring, it doesn't really change anything, does it?  I bet he still has lots of say in the company he started.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
More importantly he can invest more time and money into his charitable work.  Even if you hate Microsoft products you have to admire Bill Gates philanthropy. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:42 AM »
I'm not a noob.  I've been playing Mario games for MANY years.  And I know tons about computers too, Windows and Mac.  So please, don't call me a noob.  And this is not a forum to argue which OS is better.  So none of you had to reply to my opinion about what OS I think is better.  Use your head and stop speaking before you know.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:42:01 AM by MushroomJunkie »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »
Wow, I'm slipping on all this noobsauce on the floor here.
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
Glorb, your even more of a noob than I ever was when I started playing Mario games along time ago.  If I am such a noob, "Glorb", then tell me,  What game was so popular it was described as "system selling".  And also, tell me how many times you can Jump over obstacles in Wario Land 4 before the game freezes up.  Yeah I know these, you don't, so until you can answer both these question your a noob and will be one for a very long time.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:05 AM »
Well, I just found my POTY nominee.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 11:06:20 AM »
1.  I can name several games that were described as "system selling".
2.  I have no idea.  I've played Wario Land 4, but never had it freeze.

Hmmm.  Does that make me 50% noob?  I don't like the term noob anyway.  It means so many different things to different people, and is often meant as an insult or to imply ignorance.  Ignorance I can deal with, but direct attacks really upset me and won't be tolerated on this forum.  I think Shadow meant you were new to the forums, but even if he meant it as an insult that doesn't justify your flaming him and Glorb.  Neither of their comments were helpful, but yours were downright mean.  That's not a way to start off at a forum.  Calm down. 

Print