Print

Author Topic: BEST AND WORST IN SERIES? Week 23: Storyline  (Read 14249 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 11:02:15 PM »
"Let's... give this one rainbow hair. Kay... now, this one can have no hair and be brown. Right, so the third one should have, uh... rainbow hair."
"...But the first one has rainbow hair."
"Oh yeah, so... give the first one swirly glasses. The next one can have Einstein hair and one tooth. Good, now... the next one should have... no hair."
"...There's already one with no hair."
"Yeah that's why I said he should be brown. And this one has sunglasses. Duh. All right, the next one should be a girl and the last should have blue hair. All done."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 05:26:58 AM »
"This one should look like sort of like that one baby version of Bowser we did, but not like that other one. Somewhere in between. Yeah, that's about right."
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 06:58:28 AM »
Well, it would help if they didn't eff things up by mixing up Baby Bowser and Bower Jr. on a perpetual basis, because I'm pretty sure Baby Bowser had the napkin-thing in M&L:PiT. But hey, maybe it runs in the family (for the love of God, where is Mrs. Bowser?).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 08:06:11 AM »
You do realize that the koopalings are caricatures of the SMB3 development team. Right, Bird Person? I don't think Tezuka can be blamed for not looking more interesting.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »
Actually, hey, I didn't know that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 05:10:11 PM »
You do realize that the koopalings are caricatures of the SMB3 development team. Right, Bird Person? I don't think Tezuka can be blamed for not looking more interesting.

Or, they might also be caricatures of famous musicians.. Your explanantion works too, and is funnier.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 05:44:27 PM »
Actually they are just named after famous-at-the-time musicians. Though Ludwig Von Beethoven may have more longevity.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »
I heard that each designer for SMB3 made their own Koopaling, presumably as self-caricatures. The names were thought up by NoA based on the designs, since they didn't have names before the game was released here.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 08:14:10 AM »
BEST:  TTYD

WORST:  MP4  What was going on?  I played a few of the mini games.  After playing the game once or twice, I haven't felt like turning it on again for a long time.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
Well, it would help if they didn't eff things up by mixing up Baby Bowser and Bower Jr. on a perpetual basis, because I'm pretty sure Baby Bowser had the napkin-thing in M&L:PiT. But hey, maybe it runs in the family (for the love of God, where is Mrs. Bowser?).

She's constantly being kidnapped by a mean old plumber.

So... Worst: I'd have to saaaaaaaay... Super Mario Sunshine. Voice acting and story were just horrible. Mario just doesn't need a real storyline to make the game go along.

Best: Super Mario Galaxy: It was Mario storytelling done right. It was subtle, and you weren't required to see it all.
I really don't care much for logic.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 05:15:39 PM »
BEST:  Mario & Luigi: Superstar Sega

WORST:  Dr. Mario

Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »
Week 23: Storyline

BEST:

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (5)
Super Mario Galaxy (4)
Super Paper Mario (2)
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (1)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (3)
Super Mario Land (.33)
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (.33)
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (.33)
Paper Mario (1)

WORST:

Yoshi's Safari (1)
Dr. Mario (2)
Super Mario Galaxy (1)
Super Mario 64 (1)
Super Mario Bros 2 (American) (1)
Mario Party (1)
Mario Party 6 (2)
Super Mario Bros 2 (Japanese) (1)
New Super Mario Bros (1)
Super Mario Sunshine (2)
Mario Bros (2)
Mario Party 4 (1)

Oh my...4 way tie between Dr. Mario, Mario Party 6, Super Mario Sunshine, and Mario Bros. First person to vote on one of those decides the fate of these games!

NOMINATIONS:

Mario Sports game (2)
Original Super Mario Bros Level (7)
2D Game (6)
3D Game (1)

(10 Votes=Topic)

Original Super Mario Bros Level makes a big jump in Nominations...

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »
WORST: SMS.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
BEST: either M+L:SS or Super Paper Mario
WORST: Super Mario Bros. 2!!! (come on, Doki Doki Panic at least seemed a little more interesting...)

...and I second/third/whatever the best/worst original SMB level nomination.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:32:38 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 05:18:56 PM »
Best PM: TTYD

Worst: Dr. Mario
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print