Print

Author Topic: Should Bowser be a main protagonist again?  (Read 14175 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 02:40:06 PM »
Where did I say the game would have guns, swearing, and ethic stereotype aliens? Better yet, how would giving Bowser his own game automatically require it to be like Shadow the Hedgehog? Logic?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »
'cause Bowser's moody, uninteresting and consumed with his convoluted past. duh.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »
Yeah, I guess I forgot about how he was created as part of a government experiment and fell in love with his creator's grandaughter who ended up dying before he was locked away and such.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »
fell in love with his creator's grandaughter who ended up

He didn't "fall" in love with her.  He loved her like a son would love his mother.  Because she was the only one who took care of him.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 07:07:38 AM »

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 07:55:29 AM »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 09:01:54 AM »
He didn't "fall" in love with her.  He loved her like a son would love his mother.  Because she was the only one who took care of him.
I love how they expected everyone to take that seriously when it involved an angry anthropomorphic hedgehog.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Boo Dudley

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 03:33:08 PM »
I like that part in the anime where Shadow beats on some kid for no apparent reason, and the kid keeps coming back for more.

Sqrt2

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 04:47:26 AM »
Bowser should be the main bad guy again, unless either Wart of Tangata make another appearance.
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 07:23:12 AM »
If I had to choose between Wart and Bowser making a comeback(?), I'd go with Wart, really (Tatanga... eh).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Boo Dudley

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 07:54:21 AM »
"I'll keep a machine that spews vegetable--of which I am allergic to--in the center of the room while I stand on this platform, spitting bubbles from my gaping maw. Brilliant! Bwa-ha-ha-ha"

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »
There's probably something on that TV Tropes website that describes the tendency for bosses to always make their weak points obvious (and convenient for the hero to exploit), as well as not sending their strongest troops out in the first level.

Speaking of which, I have to wonder if any citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom think Goombas or Koopa Troopas are actually threatening. Haven't they seen Mario enough times to know what to do?
You didn't say wot wot.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »
"I'll keep a machine that spews vegetable--of which I am allergic to--in the center of the room while I stand on this platform, spitting bubbles from my gaping maw. Brilliant! Bwa-ha-ha-ha"

The machine is what he used to make all his minions and landscapes. The vegetables came with the territory.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »
penguinwizard, no one else in the Mushroom Kingdom knows how to jump.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 01:25:12 PM »
I like Bowser being the bad guy.  It's always been in his character, and when he does join forces with Mario, it's for his own selfish reasons.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print