Print

Author Topic: Mario Dreams  (Read 22812 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« on: April 27, 2003, 10:31:28 PM »
In another thread, the topic of wierd Mario-related dreams was mentioned. Anyone got any?

Here's one I had back in the SNES days.
I was playing SMB3 on Mario All-Stars. I had gotten up to world 7 (Pipe Maze/Land) but was stuck on 7-2--the deserty level with TONS of pipes and Piranha Plants, with a water area running under it.
I reached the part where there was a huge gap b/w two pipes, and a lone Koopa and two other pipes where in this gap. But every time I tried to jump out of it, note blocks appeared. I WAS STUCK!!! AHHH!
I was stewing that night about how I could get past it, but couldn't think of a solution. While asleep, I had a dream--I (as in Mario) went into the gap, filled it with the Note Blocks, and went down one of the pipes in the gap--into the water area below. I swam thru the water and exited thru another pipe further back. After coming back out, now back on dry land above, I made it back to that gap and walked with ease across the note block-filled bridge.

When I woke up, I tried what I'd dreamt, and, sure enough, it actually worked!!!

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 10:45:50 PM »
     Have you ever had a dream about Mario?  C'mon, admit it!  Of course you have!  If you've played at least an hour of any Mario game every day you're bound to have had at least one dream about him or a related character from the games.  Here, you brave souls who don't fear the opinions of others can tell everyone your craziest and most bizzarre, if any, dreams about the great mustachioed one.  So don't be shy and hold nothing back.  You might be surprised to find how out how weird other people can actually be!

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/19/2004 7:25:21 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 10:44:29 PM »
*cue X-Files theme music

Harrowing.  Absolutely harrowing.
I had a dream one time that I went to daycare with Birdo.  I'd post the details but they don't make enough sense to justify typing for 30 more seconds.

Edited by - Cabbog on 4/27/2003 9:52:11 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 10:50:26 PM »
I've mentioned this before, but anyway, I had a dream I was in SM64 (I was Mario) and there was a big painting of Bowser in the castle's moat, and there was a big hollow in the wall of the castle on the left side where the picture was.

I've been having more Star Fox dreams lately.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 11:02:29 PM »
I don't blame you!  Wooo-eeeee!
You can take me for a ride in that R-Wing any time flyboy!
*swoons

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 12:53:05 AM »
I had this really weird dream...its a mixture between animal crossing & mario,but it was an RPG at the same time.You live in houses like on Animal crossing & get furniture,but you be a mario character,like a shy guy,a koopa,goomba etc. There was a clan in my town of "Mario Land" of white shy guys called the ku klux klan(it was online)& Bowser even lived in my town,in his castle on a hill.Also you had to pay tax & Mini Bowsers collected your tax money & Bowser jr was the taxman.I think of weird things....

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 09:43:42 AM »
Oh, man.  I just had the strangest dream.  I was Link fighting against Ganondorf, so I did a bunch of those 2-3 button combos like on Windwaker.  Ganon was left in a pool of his own crimson blood.  Hehheehehehehee!!!

Mario Madness will live forever!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 06:42:53 PM »
I.. I had a dream that Super Mario Bros 3 was on like 15 different Atari 2600 carts. Odd.

I am poetry in motion. You are gibberish in neutral.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 06:46:53 PM »
I dreamed I found a secret place in Animal Crossing and a guy there told me how to find the secret page. Really weird.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2003, 08:46:12 PM »
So, were they the RIGHT directions? If they were, that's kinda creepy.

I once had a dream about some "Mario Kart 48". You could play 32 people(which was odd because it was for playstation.............another odd thing). The tracks were the same ones from MK64 and there was a weird second goal line hidden in the mountains in Wario Stadium. IT became stranger from there.

I also had the dream where Chupperson Weird controlled all electric appliances in the world and tried to kill me(see the SOTFSK thread).
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2003, 09:30:42 PM »
I still can't believe you had that dream. Heh.

I don't think they were the right directions, but I'm not sure because I just remember this:
I lay on a bed in this guy's house
He got mad and gave me a pipe (a 2-dimensional tobacco pipe... truly strange)
Then I was just sort of "at" the secret page, and there wasn't really a process of getting there.

I have more dreams about the girl I'm in love with than anything else, though...
That was a joke.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2003, 10:38:44 PM »
I once had a dream about Super Mario 64 in which I discovered a completly new, HUGE branch of the castle that had many more paintings and hundreds of more stars in it.  I then dremt that I entered into a final showdown with the REAL Bowser (the others had been fake for some reason), which took place in a giant lava-filled room with a very high ceiling, and white tiled pillars to stand on.  I felt like I actually WAS Mario (first person), and that Bowser was genuinely dangerous and genuinely wanted to kill me.  It was freaky.  The only way to kill him was to grab him and jump into the lava with him, thus sacrificing yourself.  The pillars were gradually sinking into the lava and there was no exit to the room, so I was doomed anyway.  I woke up before the battle had finished.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 10:39:21 PM »
Here's another dream. You know how I mentioned there was an interesting (maybe) story behind my fan fic "The Prophecy"? Yep, that's right. A dream.

Actually, the dream I had is now the climax of the story. After the dream, I started thinking backwards of all the things that could lead up to it. Sure enough, more and more ideas popped into my had, most developing deep within my subconscious.

In fact, even after the story had been completed for several months, I continued to have interesting ideas thru dreams about it. And so, that is how Part 2 came (or will come. heheh) to be--it was added later, to fit perfectly between 1 and original 2 (now 3).

I know this is vague, but I don't want to reveal anything!

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2003, 02:25:45 PM »
I had a weird dream that I went to King's Dominion (a theme park about two hours away from my house), and there was this one booth that was giving away lots of four-feet tall Yoshis and Baby Bowsers, and some Nintendo action figures. I really wanted one, so I went over to the booth and picked up a Yoshi. Then, suddenly, it dissappeared. I tried to get another one, but I dropped it, and then it dissappeared too! At this point I was outside of the booth, so when I went back inside, all of the Yoshis and Bowsers and most of the Nintendo action figures were gone too! Finally, I got the only thing that was left, a two inch-tall Kiddy Kong class Christmas tree ornament. I put it in my pocket. When I reached ino my pocket to see what it looked like again, it wasn't there. Then I woke up.

I also had a shorter dream actually involving Mario. I went to the top of Peach's castle, and then I saw Mario running. I started following him, and I eventually got to some secret level in the clouds. I got a wing cap, and then we were soaring through the clouds. It was so much fun! Then, my mom woke me up and told me I had to wake up from school. I have sad dreams. :(

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2003, 03:54:35 PM »
I had a dream that I started a place called "Nintendo Land" --or World, similar to Disney Land/World.
There were different "lands," such as the Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, DK Isles, etc. The most prominent landmark was Princess Peach's Castle, like Cinderella's Castle.

There were also areas where you could design your own characters and senarios and test them in a game. And of course, a wall-to-wall area filled with consoles and TVs to play just about every Nintendo game imaginable. Heheh...and workers dressed as characters from the different games.

Wouldn't it be cool if that came true someday?

It was really weird, tho. I was the designer of this park, and yet I also was dressed in a Yoshi suit, which I got very overheated in. That was a bit...unsettling...

--------------------

Print