Print

Author Topic: Sapphira, Please Read This!!!  (Read 5196 times)

« on: June 05, 2003, 05:54:11 PM »
My name is jon and I see that you like to write.Well, I got to thinking-We can "Own" this Storyboard Section if the both of us come together to create Mario stories. I'm sure we can become a great team! I just can't write alone!
Reply if you would join me.
I already know you are the most popular person on here because you have great topics!
I'm a major fan of Mario too.
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 06:02:54 PM »
Why, thank you. ^_^

I'm more of a topic replier than a starter, though. Every once in a while I start a topic, but only if I think it's innovated enough. ;)

Speaking of stories, you should read mine. It's a fanfic, though, not one to have stuff added to. It's titled "The Prophecy." ...It's LONG though, but only Part 1 (of 4), plus 2 chapters, is up now. So far, everyone seems to absolutely love it. I hope you'll read. ;)

I guess I could help you write a story, but right now I'm more interested in other things, such as helping Mario Master and the gang on this Mario game we're making. (And the website.)

I feel so loved here! ^_^

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 06:06:19 PM »
Oh...I guess you already saw it. Never mind. :)

Wow, Me? Most popular? I dunno 'bout that... I'm just on here a lot... But thank you, I'm flattered. I've never actually been called "popular" before... ^_^

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/5/2003 5:36:17 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 06:39:00 PM »
Ok, that's fine with me. I would just like to know since I'm too lazy to do it myself, but,
Can you count how long your story is? I mean if it were written down on paper. I have a Super Mario Story that I'll write up on here soon thats already<gasp> 360 pages long and I'm only 60 percent complete of it.
It's MY version of how Mario+Luigi came to the Mushroom Kingdom. It's quite interesting and it's aimed for kids. Please come and check out my story! That is-when i make my story. TODAY!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 06:42:45 PM »
wait a sec-part 1 of FOUR! That-that's like-a lot! When you get towards the end, your hands start hurting-like mine.O_o

Let's both hope for the best that we keep up our stories.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2003, 07:06:25 PM »
Well, "The Prophecy"'s 110 pages long on paper...but the original manuscript is in play-like format instead of novel form, in which the whole thing's edited to be in. Also, the manuscript's not very descriptive...so in other words...I dunno how long it is. Novel length. That's all I know.

Lemme see...completely edited and typed up, Part 1 is 38 pages long (10 font, 2 columns, landscape aka "hamburger" syle, so tenchincally, it only takes 19 pages). All the parts are about the same length, 'cept Part 2 is a little longer than the rest. So probably like 175 pages or something.

I'm currently working on another fanfic, which is already around 120 pages long, and about 2/5--or less--completed. It's mature themed, though. ...And I'm not planning on posting it, so like I've told everyone else, don't bug me about it. ;)  I'm not even gonna THINK about it 'til "The Prophecy"s' 100% up.

--------------------

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2003, 07:15:34 PM »
I'm starting my story.
I'm wondering-is your story already written down or are you thinking of it as you go.

Also, you're an experienced writer, huh? How old were you when you started your story? I was 13 when I started mine (The Mario Story) and I'm 14 now, still writing (I'm trying to get the story to over 500 pgs). If that question is too personal, then don't answer it.

I think it's good writers keep in touch like this. Please continue to reply whenever you have a chance-like talking about progress or something, i dunno.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2003, 07:32:40 PM »
I start my stories with an idea.  Then make an outline as I develop the idea.  Some story can be told in a few lines, other need 500 pages.  I have a few things published, but nothing you would have read.  I have never writen a fanfic, but I think I might start a choose-your-own-adventure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Signature:
"There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2003, 08:35:07 PM »
Yeah, outlining is the best thing to do.
I think of the outline, I go over and over it, find mistakes and spots that I need to improve at, and then you get one delicious meatball!
So, Luigison, you want to choose a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure, huh? I would definetly check it out! I love those things! Do you know how you would lay it out on the Message Boards?
I encourage you to do your idea. It will be the first time(I think) that there's a story like that! I'll check it out. Tell me if you have any more info on it!

Oh, one last thing, Luigison, are you a Luigi fan? Luigi's cool! In my Mario story, he's a smart plumber who says "Madio" instead of "Mario". Around the house, I like to say "Madio".^_^
Good Luck!
--------------------------------------------
Mario gets hit on the head by Peach's frying pan.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2003, 09:17:06 PM »
Sorry about not answering this sooner. I started typing this then my dad came in and kinda dominated the room. Anyway...

It's completed. I think I finished it last August. I started it like late October 2001 and finished late December 2001. Part 1, 3 and 4, anyway. Then, last June (wow! A year already!) I wrote Part 2, which I hadn't intended originally. I finished THAT in August. I first started typing it up last January ('02, that is).

Since it's been a year an a half (wow) since I started it, I was 15. I'll be 17 this September.

My very *first* (but failed) fanfic I think I wrote summer of...'97.  I think... Age 10, going into 6th grade...that sounds about right. So yeah, I started as a young author. (My 1st grade teacher made us write story paragraphs! Ack! And this was NORMAL public 1st grade--not gifted or honors or anything. Guess it paid off. :) )

--------------------

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2003, 09:23:17 PM »
I think both of us would do amazing if we took a Creative Writing class. I'm going into High School next year and they didn't have that(creative writing). We would dominate Creative Writing classes...BWAHAHAHAHAHA-Whoops! Now you're going to call me 'evil' huh?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2003, 09:31:30 PM »
Naw, I do a 'Muhuhuhahahahaha!!' laugh, myself. :P

And they have Creative Writing at my school. I wouldn't take it, though. My creative writing can't be restricted to deadlines. Art's my forte. Next year I'll be taking Yearbook! Yay! ^_^  ...Unfortunately, I'll be a junior again, instead of a senior, because I had to drop last year... Stupid illnesses...

--------------------

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2003, 09:35:21 PM »
Anyways, Creative Writing is boring. I'm taking all sorts of art+drawing stuff so I can someday make professional cartoons/animations. I love to draw and I love making small Mario movies on my computer. I actually hate writing. Thinking of the idea-love it. Having to write a million pages for it-hate it.

And you dropped a grade? Evilllll!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2003, 09:38:44 PM »
Deadlines can actually make writing more creative.  Try writing something, anything as fast as possible without even really thinking about it.  The trick is to not plan anything.  Just go into a trance listening to the keys and try to type faster and faster.  You'll be suprized at how many ideas you come up with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Signature:
"Some people stay longer in an hour than others can in a week."

Edited by - Luigison on 6/5/2003 8:40:03 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2003, 09:44:59 PM »
It's not about a deadline, it's just that I have an idea-it's long-I write it-and then I forget what I'm doing! That's what happens to me now.
I haven't written in my big Mario Story for a couple of months now because I hate to write. Plus, I have all Honors classes in school so I never have time to write it.
But I'm doing the computer nowadays, like I said, making Mario cartoons. I'm trying to get them up on this site, but my e-mail program can't send huge files. Oh well.

Anyways, have you been writing the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure or did you get Writer's Cramp like me and is just replying to everything? Oh yeah, Luigi is cool^_^

Print