Print

Author Topic: The Mario Writer's Block  (Read 7714 times)

« on: June 05, 2003, 10:47:02 PM »
I think I have an idea. Everyone who likes to write in the Storyboards should write in here to talk to each other. I started something like this and two people(Sapphira and Luigison) went to. They are in this new club. If you wrote a story or something in the Storyboards then come here and talk about your writing styles. In the next post, I'll show you what I mean.
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 10:51:33 PM »
My name is Jonathan Frase and I am currently working on The Mario Story. I am a 14-year-old boy who hates to write and loves to draw and create homemade Mario movies on my PC. I like to reply to the newest topics on the storyboards and I always go on the side of Mario or Luigi. Anyone in this club who gets teased or something like that when they reply to you(people in this club write something-you hate it-you write something mean back to them)I'll get you back. Well, start introducing yourselves!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 11:00:23 PM »
Jon, my user name is a typo.  I didn't mean it to be Luigi's son, but you are welcome to use it anyway in your story if you want.

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/board/topic.asp?topic_id=71167

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 03:52:40 PM »
Sorry, I didn't know!

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2003, 04:38:53 PM »
MARIO TEACHES TYPING
Edition 1
--------------------------------------------
Hello, everyone, this is jon speaking. As leader of this club, I will start writing "newspaper" articles about what's going on in the Storyboards and other Mario stuff. If you are part of my club then there will be articles about you if you want.
Basically, in every newsletter I write(cleverly called MARIO TEACHES TYPING), I will talk about what stories are popular, progress on the huge story projects(like "The Prophecy"), news about Nintendo, polls, and a few other things. It is something that I will research and post down for all you club members.
Also, every week, I will post up in the newsletter the WRITER OF THE WEEK. I will choose(or you could vote) to say who the WRITER OF THE WEEK is. Don't worry, I will not choose myself. Basically, what the WRITER OF THE WEEK gets is: an essay about the person's writing(good stuff), the newsletter dedicated to them, a list of their topics for you to visit, I will go into other message board sections and say something like "If you want great topics for Mario, come to the Storyboard section and meet bla bla bla", and some more stuff. It will be pretty neat.

Ok, if you're not a member, but you want to become one(you'll want to), post me a message saying your screen name, a little about yourself, some topics you started, and, if you want, upcoming ideas. Club members that are reading this now, could you please talk a little about yourself? It's good that writers have company when they get Writer's Cramp.^_^
I will not start the WRITER OF THE WEEK yet, but come back here and eventually you'll be here. If you have any questions, please reply. Thanks!
*I forgot something! When you give a description of yourself, tell the days and time you usually come to the Storyboards.
For me, I'm usually up here everyday after 3:00 P.M.(late afternoon). That is on school days. On weekends, I will probably be here from 10:00 to I have no idea. Over Summer Vacation, I'll be here from 10:00 and up. If I'm not here, I'm probably writing The Mario Story or A Mario Interview.

Ok, I'll leave with a poll:

If you play Mario games, then this is for you:
Which of the following games is the hardest?
A. Mario Tennis(N64)
B. Mario Golf (N64)
C. Super Mario 64
D. Super Mario Sunshine
E. Super Mario World
F. Any of the Mario Party's
G. Luigi's Mansion
H. Other(and say what game it is)

I will give your results in the next newsletter. This question is an opinion, just to let you know.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2003, 06:06:21 PM »
The Mario Parties - Their mostly luck.  I got "board" and never finished.  Mario Party is too much like Payday.  Mostly all you do is roll a die or dice and see what happens.  It's about as much fun as counting coin flips.  I prefer Chess.  I want a real challenge.  Other: The Lost Levels (Super Mario 2 in Japan - That game was really hard all though some time you could luck up on timing a jump right, but it was mostly skill and planning.

Random Signature:
"Yeah Moe that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!"
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2003, 06:11:55 PM »
Well, Luigison, your name will be on the next newsletter-Mario Party and the Lost Levels.
Do you think that this club thing is a good idea? It's something new that I'm trying out.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2003, 06:18:40 PM »
Oh yeah, DEFINITELY SMB:LL. Man, that whole game was like YI Extra 5, but harder! I'm just glad I was able to beat it 100% on my SMB Deluxe game!

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2003, 06:20:53 PM »
Could be.  It doesn't have the feel of something that would take off like Mario word association or Mario Bar, but we'll see.  It will be about a month before I can put much time into writing.  I have finals the next few weeks, (by the way if you missed a few thread, i am a high school physics teacher) and my little brother will be coming to visit for a couple of weeks.  Besides, that will give me time to think the story through.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2003, 06:21:01 PM »
Uh, Sapphira, I don't exactly know what the LL stands for(SMB:LL)(Super Mario Bros.:????). I'm asking this so I can post it on the next newsletter.^_^

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2003, 06:21:43 PM »
Lost Levels

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2003, 06:22:15 PM »
Luigison-you're a teacher? Amazing. Or did I read that right?

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2003, 06:23:32 PM »
Ok, then how about 2 votes for SMB:'Lost Levels' ^_^? Is that right? So it's under 'OTHER'.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2003, 06:24:46 PM »
yes, you read write.  i think i am the oldest here.  although, i am young teacher compaired to others teachers at my school.  I use Mario and video games to help teach Physics.  Some students nicknamed me Mario.

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2003, 06:35:56 PM »
Luigison, if you were my teacher, you would be the coolest teacher I've ever had. How did you get Mario and physics combined? That IS COOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!
Do you keep a Nintendo in your class-like for kids who visit you at lunchtime?
That's so cool!

Print