Print

Author Topic: The best $324.12 I've ever spent  (Read 5667 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« on: May 02, 2004, 12:11:02 AM »

Yes, I can. These 300-dollar QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones I just got are good. Their sound quality is superior to that of any other headphones I've tried before, and it is possibly better than any reproduced sound I've ever heard, period.

Then add noise canelling—that actually works. When there is no audio playing, the noise cancelling dampens unwanted sound but doesn't block it out completely. However, when I'm listening to something, the world just disappears. I can't hear myself typing right now (the only thing I can hear is game music), and I was unable to hear my dad and brother as they were cracking jokes about me earlier tonight from just a few feet away. I can't wait to try these things out on a plane flight.

Below are some shots taken a little while ago (I'm sitting in the same place right now as I was when the photos were taken). I hope they, uh, help you or something. I can't really show you what the headphones sound like, so . . . you get pictures instead!!

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 01:29:38 AM »
Yeah, my cousin has a pair of those and they really do work. I didn't know you could listen to your own music; I must've not examined them closely enough or long enough. The only thing I noticed in the short period of time I saw them was it had a frickin' AM/FM radio built into one side.
Someone could mistake you digging in your ear for changing the radio station from afar! That seems to be a stupid and random drawback that only I would've had the moronic brain to think up of. They're still cool, but they seem a bit expensive. My cousin got it from a garage sell and it was a mere 5-10 bucks, I believe... or was it 2 bucks... and it still worked fine.

Oh well, as long as you're happy. Oh Gosh, here I go with my millenium long posts again. GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check out the new sig, though, BTW!

(Good skateboarding radio or biking, or anything else, I just thought of)

Edited by - Deezer on 5/2/2004 10:00:31 AM
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 03:07:15 AM »
Holy macaroni, where do you get your money?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 07:52:40 PM »
0_0 can I borrow them? for about a year or 2?

------------------------------
Everything above was sarcasm. Please ignore everything I have just said.
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 09:13:07 PM »
Wow, that's great. And might I say, that's one fine iBook you have. It looks a lot like my iMac G3....Except, mine's bigger and I can't take it anywhere......Oh well.....

*Looks for his headphone jack so he can listen to his computer with headphones*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 02:14:23 PM »
I would definately buy those if I had the cheddar(that's what the cool kids say instead of money or cash)

^_^ ._0 @_@ O~O

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 03:03:20 PM »
I'll stick with the headphones I found in the back of my closet. They work fine and didn't cost me a dime.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 04:24:02 PM »
The headphones that came with my Portable CD player are nice, but I bet Watoad's are better.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 12:41:54 AM »
At work today I loaded this page on one of the trashy computers we have for processing packages for shipment, and the pictures showed up really dark (or dim). Are any of you experiencing the same thing? I was rather disappointed to see them like that because they look just fine on my screen.

Sorry, Trainman, but that isn't correct. The headphones your cousin has are not the same as mine for a number of reasons. First of all, mine do not include a radio—I don't listen to the radio, so I wouldn't have bought the headphones if they did include one. The only control on them is the power switch that (I hope) you can see pretty clearly in the second picture. It doesn't look like I'm picking my ear when flipping the switch, no matter how far away you are, so you needn't worry about that non-drawback. Aside from that, they cost $300 because they're worth $300. Released only in 2003, they are selling used on eBay for over $250. Thus I guarantee you that you cousin (or anyone, for that matter) did not pick them up at some garage sale for a mere $10. Not unless a car had previously run over them or something.

Sorry to disagree with so much of what you said; I just wanted to clear up any and all confusion.

You don't know that I work, Lizard Dude? Do you remember this picture? In it I'm wearing clothes for my job at The UPS Store. The income from that job (after taxes) is roughly equal to a pair of these headphones every other week. However, I don't just spend all of the money I make on stuff that I want (but don't need). Here's the breakdown:

• 10% goes back to God
  • 25% goes into savings for education costs (such as college tuition)
  • 25% is for purchases of necessity (such as gas or food) and for general savings
  • 40% gets spent on stuff I want

40% is less than half, but it still adds up quite nicely, and sometimes I can afford to buy expensive stuff that I have absolutely no need for.

Yeah, Vidgmchtr, my iBook is even nicer than my headphones—and it's worth a lot more than $300. I would part with the phones before I'd part with it. As for your second post, yes, you are correct.

Speaking of what "cool kids" say, TEM, my younger brother has told me that such kids at his high school use the word "chus" (or "chuss"), I think to mean "stupid" or something like that. The thing is, they don't realize that Chupperson invented that word a long time ago. Only in his case it means "chess." Heheh.

Trainman's post doesn't look so millennial in length from down here. But I'm slightly color blind, so maybe I'm wrong.

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 03:35:55 AM »
Ooo, nice posty - complete with bulleted list!

The pictures look fine on my end, but since I don't know the lighting of your house, I can't be sure precicely how they're "supposed" to look.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 12:22:50 PM »
It's the crappy computer, I can see the pictures fine.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 12:33:27 PM »
I thought you bought the shirt from the UPS Store. :D

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 06:27:25 PM »
Heh, UPS is cool.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2004, 06:01:35 PM »
Yesterday I was talking with the UPS driver who usually delivers to our store, and he told me that I could work with him during the extra-busy Christmas season. If I end up doing that (I hope to), then I'd be a temporary employee of UPS, which pays much better than a The UPS Store does. I had thought that I was already making more than enough where I am now, but my perspective has changed a little—I have just recently had to change the breakdown of the money I earn:

• 10% goes back to God
  • 70% goes into savings for education
  • 20% remains for everything else that I could ever need or want to buy

I just started with these new figures, so I don't know for certain how they will work out. Also, I will begin working full-time very soon, and that will change things as well. But as things stand right now, it looks like a majority of the 20% category will go to pay for gas. What this means is that it's a good thing I bought those headphones when I did because, at least for this summer, the days of buying cool stuff I don't need are pretty much over.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2004, 09:58:18 PM »
This Summer will be great for me; a LAN party every week and Playing Aleph One on my beautiful iMac.

....Ad of course, trying to get the ATM Card that is stuck in my CD-ROM drive...

Print