Print

Author Topic: Bowser  (Read 4278 times)

« on: May 08, 2004, 09:44:04 AM »
Is it me, or is Bowser getting sort of beat up on lately?  I mean, he had it hard enough in Mario and Luigi.  Reference:  He was blasted out of the sky, stuck in a cannon, blown OUT of the cannon, taken over by Cackletta, when she was rid of, he got blown to kingdom come, he was wrapped up in a present, and maybe other things too.  Post your thoughts here.

Mario has fused with the N-force!

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 10:27:04 AM »
Is it me, or are Goombas getting sort of beat up on lately?  They get stepped on in every game that they appear in.  They never get large parts in games.  Paper Mario featured the Goomba King getting shot miles high.
What's going on here?  That's the way the Mushroom Kingdom runs.  That Bowser stuff is all comic relief.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 10:27:58 AM »
Yeah you got a point there...

He just ain't what he used to be. He must be getting old. Look at Paper Mario 2, he's not the main villain of that game either!

He should retire as soon as Bowser Jr. gets old enough to inherit the throne.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 01:59:28 PM »
Yet another villain reduced to comic relief.

Really, Bowser is my favorite character. I like the games where you get to be bowser.
Only problem is, do it enough and it's not special anymore. It's kind of like Knuckles or Supersonic.
When gamers saw them originally, they called their friends, and said, "Hey! You gotta beat Sonic 2 with the chaos emeralds! Sonic turns all gold and gets like, super powerful!".
But now, there just givens. It's not a Sonic game anymore without Knuckles or Supersonic.
I hope they make bowser a villain again soon, so I can complain about not being able to Play as him enough.

I might be Sadib...

Edited by - Screech on 5/8/2004 1:09:19 PM
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 06:04:40 PM »
Maybe someday.... Bowser will be on top again.

------------------------------
Everything above was sarcasm. Please ignore everything I have just said.
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 06:54:55 PM »
Bowser's my favorite character too!  I think he's fine however he is, as long as they don't make him seem fat or stupid or anything.

Today I took a test to get into Geometry next year at high school.  Then I was in a play this afternoon, and my friend in the play's friend has a crush on me!  I think I'm scared.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 06:59:06 PM »
Bowser is definately my favorite villian, along with Bowser Jr. I don't find it at all boring that he captures Peach numerous times, I just find it amusing he tries the same idea over again.

I need some yarn, to make a wick- I''m saving up all my earwax to make a candle.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 05:23:13 AM »
I didn't know Paper Mario 2 featured ANOTHER villain.  The reason I put another in big letters is because think about it.  Wart, Smithy, Cackletta... You are right, Bowser is getting old.

Edited by - True Mario on 5/9/2004 4:24:41 AM

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 07:25:01 AM »
Not Wart, he really isn't a true Mario character.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 02:21:19 AM »
No one here has said anything about the first RPG game: Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars

Where poor ol' Bowser was kicked out of his own keep because of Smithy...

And we was forced to join Mario, thinking that Mario is thinking, in which he didn't, that he joined the 'Koopa Force'...

I remember it was called like that, or was it the 'Koopa Troop'?

I mean, look at Bowser here --->

By the way, if you havn't noticed the newest screenshots for Paper Mario 2, then here is the artwork of the new villain in the game...

It seems to me that poor Bowser is sorta most of time getting the low attention in the Super Mario RPG games, rather than the usual Super Mario games...

Probably because Nintendo themselves never actually developed any Super Mario RPG games...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 10:15:33 AM »
Bowser is losing his evil feel. he used to be very sinister and wicked (such as in games like super mario 64 and mario party) now he's just a loser...

"elmo knows where you live"
"elmo knows where you live"

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 02:22:15 PM »
It was called the Koopa Troop.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 04:12:39 PM »
Bowser will be evil once more! I swear it!

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 04:41:25 PM »
Yeah, Screech!  Bowser will reign evilly over thw world once more!

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 04:58:05 PM »
While I do strongly agree that this new character will be a villain replacing Bowser, but I see not why everyone assumes that this new robot guy with a scepter will be evil for sure. There has been no evidence of his deeds, good or bad. To me he looks more like a king from SMB3... only robotic. He may be an evil force, but nothing signifies that other than his initial appearance, which very well may deceive you. Not all robot kings are evil. That's profiling, and profiling is wrong.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

Print