Print

Author Topic: Mario in another T game?  (Read 14408 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 07:49:24 AM »
I don't mind violence, as long as it isn't too much violence, and typically I only find that level of violence in M-rated games. I have a slightly lower tolerance for sexual themes, though the most I've ever encountered in a video game comes from Tales of Symphonia like this:

Zelos:   That darkness beam was a lot of fun!
Lloyd:   Really? All it does is make it pitch black. It's not any fun at all.
Zelos:   You're an idiot, Lloyd.
Lloyd:   What?! Why?!
Zelos:   Darkness is great! It's the best chance to make your moves on a girl!
Lloyd:   What...?
Zelos:   You can do all sorts of things to them, as much as you like! Hehehehehe.
Lloyd:   ...Hey, Sheena! Zelos just said he's the one who had his hand on your butt!
Sheena:   ...Wh-what did you just say?!
Zelos:   Whoa! Wait, stop, it's a misunderstanding! I haven't touched you yet! ...Aaaaah!

Of course even something like just wouldn't fit in a Mario game.  T-rated is fine, but M-rated would be awful.

Random Anime Quote:
"Good LORD! Where did you get thoes things!??"--Jamie Mcgonnigal (voice of Takeo Takekura). DVD voulme 5 (this is an outtake made by the voice actor, not an actual quote from the series).

Edited by - Latias Dita on 6/19/2005 12:57:26 AM
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 09:01:09 AM »
"What do you watch on TV?"

I rarely do watch TV. I'm just too busy with things I can do on the computer-- chatting, audio editing, posting, stopmotioning, Macromedia Flash animating, plenty of stuff.

The few things I do watch on TV are The 4400, Stargate (SG1/Atlantis), and a host of documentaries (most concerning engineering feats). I admit, the two television shows I watch more often aren't free of violence, but for the most part, they avoid being gorey. As for Stargate, it's had its share of "romantic" parts, but not explicit, sexual themes. No, I don't watch MTV or its counterparts, whatever they may be. Why on Earth would I want to?

"The Suffix: Last but not Least."

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 08:24:33 PM »
"What do you watch on TV?"

I don't watch TV. At all.

My parents don't want me to, and I have no particular desire to, either. Video games and the occasional movie are enough for me. I'm OK with movies like The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, and certainly have nothing against The Passion of the Christ, though I've never seen it; none of these movies are gore-fests, and while the last is very graphic, it is for a good reason. Anyway, the bottom line is that I don't watch TV for the very reasons that I don't play M-rated games or T-rated games (except for SSBM).

Edited by - smfan1085 on 6/15/2005 7:25:28 PM

GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 11:50:53 PM »
Hahaha, Zelos rocked.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 01:37:15 AM »
I know someone who is 18, yet has the maturity of a 12-year old. I think he's autistic. Anyway, my big sister and I saw him in our local shopping centre, and we started talking. The conversation wandered onto what we did on New Year's Eve. He said "I sneaked up behind someone, and stabbed them in the back." I didn't know what to think. He later explained that he was playing Manhunt.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 01:59:41 AM »
I can name a couple of 17 and 18 year olds with the maturity of a 12 year old or younger...and several play such games.

Deezer--"Hahaha, Zelos rocked."

Yes he did :D! I love that guy! Sure he gave ToS a "suggestive themes" rating, but the game wouldn't have been the same without him!
 Random Anime Quote:
"Good LORD! Where did you get thoes things!??"--Jamie Mcgonnigal (voice of Takeo Takekura). DVD voulme 5 (this is an outtake made by the voice actor, not an actual quote from the series).

Edited by - Latias Dita on 6/19/2005 1:01:41 AM
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 12:31:17 PM »
Actually, a T-rated Mario game would be kinda cool. For instance, it could be a shooter similar to Star Fox: Assault (GameCube) where it's part vehicular combat and part ground shooter. As long as there wasn't blood or gore (at least copius amounts of it), than a T-rated Mario shooter game would actually be pretty cool (but than again, I'm just a rabid shooter fan, so don't think I speak for everybody).

Well, this is the signature goes...
every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
When I think of the difference between the T rated SSBM and E rated MK:DD, both of which are not mainstream Mario but have the characters in them, that's where I see the differences.
  I like SSBM because the graphics were a lot better taken care of to look realistic, like with the fire and clothing.  I like how all the Mario characters contained a more real look but still had the cartoon factor, like the puffiness of Peach's hair and there same old exaggerated noses and eyes.
Then when I look at MK:DD, I think the gameplay was just... fun.  It was fast-paced, shells-exploding-mere-feet-in-front-of-you, socks-rocking fun.  The movements were really smooth, too.  The problem with the graphics though, were that everything was shiny, bright, and almost too cartoony.  when I look at Peach Beach, I think it could have been so much better if the water looked like water and not a blue tarp with mayonnaise squirted in random lines over it.  Things were almost TOO smooth.
When I look at Super Mario Sunshine, that is my idea of what a Mario game should look like.  It's NOT all butterflies and rainbows while it still maintains the cartoon feel to it.  Like those flower enemies weren't very real-looking, but it was still mildly amusing to see them splat against walls and stuff.  And then they still had things that were real-looking to even things out.  If you go to Gelato Beach and go up to the ampitheater in the hills, you should see those tiles in the ground.  Or the Sirena Beach sunset, the WATER, They use colors a lot better.  It just looks GOOD.  And it's fun, even if you ignore the graphics completely.
  I really don't mind so much happy-cartoon blob as long as it doesn't take over the whole video game, making me want to puke and shove dirt into my mouth.

Edited by - Markio on 7/14/2005 11:59:12 AM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 02:19:24 PM »
Now that I think of it, a Mario Kart combat racer would be cool. You could just take MKDD and add big guns and explosions and stuff, and viola! You'd have the most addictive Mario game ever.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 02:20:25 PM »
Now that I think of it, a Mario Kart combat racer would be cool. You could just take MKDD and add big guns and explosions and stuff, and viola! You'd have the most addictive Mario game ever.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2005, 02:36:04 PM »
Can't agree with you there.  That's one of the main reasons I like Mario games.  No guns.  It is pretty hard to come across a video game now adays that doesn't involve guns.  I just hope Mario games continue to be fun without guns.

As for explosions:  Bom-Ombs :-D

Edited by - The Blue Toad  on 7/14/2005 1:36:46 PM
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2005, 02:45:53 PM »
No, Mario Kart NEEDS blood and gore and guns and explosions! Come to think of it, you could just take a game like Death Rally (for the PC,it was this awesome 3D Realms combat racing game with Duke Nukem in it), make it full 3D, add tons of gore and guns and stuff, then replace everyone with Mario characters (except Duke...he's too cool) and it would be even better!
every

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2005, 02:58:48 PM »
......Uh-huh....I hope you're not waiting for that game to come out, because I doubt it will be any time soon.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005, 02:31:34 AM »
"No, Mario Kart NEEDS blood and gore and guns and explosions!"

Something is seriously wrong with you. I suggest you go see a doctor.

Mario Kart is fine the way it is. I find its family-friendly nature and colorfulness to be great. Anyone who thinks Mario should be taken to THAT level, (i.e., guns, blood, gore, death) must check into the nearest insane asylum ASAP.

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 11:43:28 AM »
That is slightly possible,with mario being in the same universe as Conker he might have a cameo if they make a sequel.But I doubt that will happen sense Rare went off with microsoft

Print