Print

Author Topic: Spot the Mario cameos  (Read 11390 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 12:54:36 PM »
glorb, you are a jerk, all u do is insult people! My gosh, have you ever given someone elses work a frikin compliment?

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 06:48:57 PM »
"Now that's some cameo finding! Bravo!"

I thought that was a compliment.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 08:33:27 AM »
I WAS A COMPLIMENT! Why do you think I was being sarcastic? Here are some cameo references I found lately:

*On the show Paranoia Agent, a cartoon baseball player boy is featured throught one of the episodes. On his cap there is an "M" in the same style as the one on Mario's hat.
*Developer id Software created a demo game in 1991 called Dangerous Dave in Copyright Infringement to show off the new platforming engine to John Carmack. It's a one-level demo, but the level is World 1-1 from SMB3.
*In a  very little-known FPS called OverCom-X1, there are a few references to Mario: There are characters named Luigi and Toad, and the final boss' name is Bowser. A giant Mario statue is also in the 6th level.
*In Duke Nukem: Time to Kill (N64, PS1), one of the weapons is the M-64 Pulse Rifle. M-64 appears to be a reference to (Super) Mario 64.

And NBA Street V3 doesn't count as a cameo because Nintendo added the Mario All-Stars team as a playable bonus for GameCube owners.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 06:28:01 PM »
Also, there's the same blurry and heavily rumored "L is real 2041" texture from SM64 in Zelda 64.

-------------------------------------
"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 11:51:12 PM »
World of Warcraft- In "Camp Nintendo" There are two players called Larion and Muigi.

Advent Rising- I'm not sure what level, but you have to activate 4 terminals and you will find a room with blocks, and 3 transport tubes or pipes with the number 4 3 2 on top of them. Yup, it's the warp zone.

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 07:57:13 AM »
There's Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2 for the GBA. The area where you select levels is called the Warp Zone.

"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 02:43:39 PM »
In the DKC2 SNES Manual, the description for the Plus and Minus Barrels is a Mario Reference:

"Plus and Minus Barrels

Plus and Minus Barrels are found on the different roller coaster levels.  The Plus Barrels will add time to the timer, the Minus
 Barrels will send you into the Minus World! (Uhhh...wrong game.  Actually they will take seconds away from the timer.)  When the timer runs out, Kackle will catch you!"

I would give you a scan, but my scanner is a worthless piece of...

Edited by - SuperSonic_Yoshi on 8/11/2005 1:49:53 PM

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 06:27:37 PM »
Oh yeah!  I forgot about that joke.  I thought that was a riot the first time I saw it (but too bad I've never found minus world because I don't have a NES anymore).  Here's another one I can remember from a TV show: in Mystery Science Theatre 3000, the evil man's assistant (forgot names, sorry) is drawing on the ground with chalk or something and singing this wierd song full of pop culture.  One part of the song went something like "And the Mario Bros. captured Rubbel and gave him to the President!"  At the end, the bad guy throws a stick of dynamite at him causing him to slowly look up and say "Poopy!"  Then the screen switches to the credits and you soon hear this big explosion and the screen shakes a little bit.  Has there ever been a greater parody show about old movies?

Now for some not-so-serious cameos!  I found these at the camp I worked at this summer and even though they don't count just feel free to read them if you please.

1. Some kid was wearing a bob-omb chasing Mario bros T shirt.
2. Another kid had a 1-up hat (something I've never seen before aside from the trucker hat).
3. Someone was wearing 1-up Forever shirt (never seen that before either).
4. Paul, my roommate, got a red SMB3 shirt as a birthday present.
5. During one of our fake game shows we have each week, the host mentioned something about a mushroom and one kid quickly blurted out "Mario Bros!"
6. During a talent show some kids played Mario music but I unfortunately missed it
7. This guy named Howie "sang" the SMB song,
8. A girl's boyfriend named Marionno came to camp for awhile
9. On the way home I saw a cloud that looked kind of like Yoshi's head

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 8/26/2005 6:50:12 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 01:12:53 PM »
If I saw an guy with a mustauche and a red hat walking down the street who otherwise looked absolutely nothing like Mario, would that count as a Mario cameo? I think not.

"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 06:52:45 PM »
I was just joking with that last part. XD

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 8/23/2005 5:53:09 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2005, 03:38:39 AM »
I have two well known simpson ones:
D.K: D.K is on a stage and a guy comes along and insalts him and D.K hits him with a barrel and the guy says "He's still got it".
Mario, Luigi and Sonic: When Bart steals a game his mind uses them as his motavation. (Pardon the poor spelling).
Mario: In the Super ball one (the only one I know the name of) Mario appears and he fights Homer and you know the rest. (I didn't get too see that one! (T-T))
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2005, 12:11:08 PM »
Those were all on the Cameos page on this site. Be more original.

"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2005, 12:43:01 PM »
Glorb, I too know the pain of the "Gameboy DS".  Don't you hate that?

Anyways, I was watching Comedy Club 54, and this fat comedian with a moustache said "If I had overalls and a red hat, I'd be Super Mario!"

Edited by - The Almighty Voice on 8/26/2005 11:47:55 AM
W/E

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 08:21:51 AM »
in punch out the referee looks like mario.

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 08:28:02 AM »
aarmon, you got that camp nintendo and advent rising stuff off of cheat on g4 didn't you.

Print