Print

Author Topic: New Fangame: Mario vs. Sonic World Tour  (Read 2411 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: August 04, 2005, 08:05:16 AM »
Hi! I am currently working on a new game called Mario vs. Sonic world tour. It's basically a shooter with a semi-osimetric 3D perspective that changes based on location. It is only about 25% finished, and the only playable characters are Mario, Toad, Luigi, Knuckles, Tails and Sonic. The weapons you can use are fists (default), pistols, shotguns, chainguns, etc. Unfortunately, I have no homepage for it, nor can I offer a download, but you can give me suggestions for the game here if you like.

-------------------------------------
"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 09:29:21 AM »
That sounds.....beyond awesome. Will it be on Newgrounds? I don't like Newgrounds itself that much, but it's still a good place to go find great games to play. I've got something funny. Put Toads in it, and if you get to close, they blow themselves up with time bombs on their chest! MUWHAHAHA!!!!

"YOU FOOOOOLS!!! YOU''VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" ~ The story telling crow from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 06:09:58 PM »
No, it's not a flash cartoon game, it's a real, full-length game. I hope to add online multiplayer.

"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 10:16:39 PM »
That's even better. Keep going, I'm sure it's gonna be cool.

"YOU FOOOOOLS!!! YOU''VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" ~ The story telling crow from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 12:04:08 AM »
I'd really like to play it when it's done. Anyway, do you have any screenshots?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 07:33:47 AM »
Yes, I'm working on getting them, but I have no idea how to show them on my forum posts. HTML confuses me! Wierd, considering I'm creating a game from scratch.

-Last Alert (PS1)
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 10:02:07 AM »
A note about the game's perspective:
As I said before, it's an osimetric-view (A view slanted at an angle so as to give the illusion of depth with a 2D graphics system) game, but with some tweaks for the formula. First off, you won't see that wierd "floating in blank space" look at the corners you get with other osimetric graphics engines, because of the "invisible walls". In outside areas, if you go to where the map is about to end, there is an invisible wall that stops you from going, but allows you to see the rest of the ground texture right before it ends off-screen. In indoor areas, the blank space is filled in with a "cieling". For instance, in the castle level I'm working on, instead of the blank space, you see a special gray brick texture.
Also, I'm working on an awesome new engine for it that's kind of like Viewtiful Joe's, but reversed. Instead of 2D characters in 3D backdrops, it's 3D characters in semi-2D backdrops. This allows me to add such things impossible with a 2D engine, such as ragdoll physics (ooh!) area damage (ahh!) and other neat things such as texture changing, where you can put bulletholes in walls and splatter blood everywhere. Plus, I'll be catering for squeamish people: you can turn the blood on or off!
I'll be back again to tell you all about the weapons as soon as I have names and ideas for them.

-Last Alert (PS1)

Edited by - Glorb on 8/5/2005 9:03:12 AM
every

Print