Print

Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina  (Read 5829 times)

« on: September 01, 2005, 04:32:58 PM »
On Monday, a catorgey 5 hurricane named Katrina made landfall in southeastern Lousiana, southern Mississippi and southwestern Alabama. This storm has destroyed many buildings and people who were there. This could be the most costly storm in Hurricane history. I made this topic in honor and loving memory of those who died and are still in great pain from Katrina. Any coments about the storm should be posted here.

"It''ll come to you in a month in a plain brown wrapper with no return address."-Gene Rayburn
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 04:36:26 PM »
I heard of that. Thier lucky they don't have to pay for gas, since you'd have to use a boat to get around, and I know someone in Mississippi, but they were okay.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 04:52:35 PM »
It truly is sad.  Sometimes in any scenario a person might say, "Well, only nine people died", but when you really think about it, those people had families, friends, and people that care about them.  Just think about your whole life, and what you've added up to, and all your experiences; then imagine it all gone without warning.  So sad.  So, so sad.  I don't even knoe hoe many people died in the hurricane.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 05:22:01 PM »
"without warning"?

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 05:27:13 PM »
Even if you are not religious, please pray for our friend Eclipsed Moon who was a direct victim of the hurricane.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!

Edited by - Koopaslaya on 9/1/2005 5:04:57 PM
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 06:02:34 PM »
to me this was a very sad event to happen.Just like you said there was a lot of things lost.My  heart goes out to the families and people living on the coasts of Mississippi and Louisiana and Alabama.The only thing that we can do is pray and hope for the best to happen within the next few weeks.As for help there are some clubs at my school which are planning to send packages to the people living down there.

p.s. Koopaslaya you misspelled a word.hurracane is really spelled h-u-r-r-i-c-a-n-e(misspelled words are one of my biggest pet peeves).
VOTE FOR PEDRO!

Edited by - mario_luigifan104 on 9/1/2005 5:05:21 PM
I see poop.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 06:13:21 PM »
Yeah, I knows there's always early warning of a hurrcane, but not of who is going to die.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 08:37:12 PM »
Where does or did Eclipsed Moon live? Are you saying that he's a victim because of his residence, or have you heard from him recently?

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 08:56:11 PM »
He lives in Lousiana and he hasn't been online for several days. I'm pretty sure he evacuated.

I bte yuo cna rdae tihs by lkooign at it.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 10:01:21 PM »
The stories are EXTREMELY sad, but those blasted looters are just about stupid.

Over here, the price of gas is gonna jump from $2.77 to $3.50 by Sunday. I hear Cali is like 5 bucks, Pakistan is $7, and the affected areas are being price-gouged to double what it needs to be: $5-$6.

Yeah, I don't see much point in like rebuilding the city if something like this will just blow up the whole place... again. Maybe not next year, but maybe the year after that or ten years... and something tells me that someone said exactly what I just said ten years ago and it happened. You may say, "They'll be more prepared next time" but they said it as Katrina was coming, so yeah, there you go.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 10:15:48 PM »
EclipsedMoon was in MS not LA.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 04:56:47 AM »
He was also a bit inland, so it may not be as bad for him. but from the way he sounded the other day, he wasn't to enthusiastic about evacuating.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 11:37:55 AM »
> Thier lucky they don't have to pay for gas, since you'd have to use a boat to get around

You're sick.

> something tells me that someone said exactly what I just said ten years ago and it happened

Read Isaac's Storm.  Something similar did happen, 105 years ago.  Also, scientists have been predicting this would happen to New Orleans for years, but nothing was done about it.

> I hear Cali is like 5 bucks

Cali is not $5.  East coast prices are basically matching west coast prices now.

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 03:56:21 PM »
It's sad.......we have two new students from over there because I live in North Texas, and that's where they are going. I wish this hadn't happened, but I think the best thing to do is look to God. In times of terror, look to him. And about the gas...I think it's 3.00 bucks a gallon.

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 9/2/2005 2:57:20 PM
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 09:53:39 PM »
PaperLuigi's right about California gas prices.  I also noticed that in my second post in this topic I wrote "I knows"... teehee!

Print