Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260409 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2006, 10:34:17 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2006, 10:57:49 PM »
Wow. DS internet. That is unbelievable.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2006, 12:00:04 AM »
I think every thing turned out alright, don't you BP. We went on 20 rides in 7 hours...which is good considering that it's Magic Mountain we're talking about. I didn't get sunburned, and the charter bus was better than expected. It had TABLES for crying out loud!!!

Oh yeah. I even finished it off with a chocolate Moon Pie. But I'm SO SORE today, my legs are killing me... This is gonna be a long week...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »
Speaking of the DS internet, I'd just keep my computer because A. It's bigger B. I'm going to be sitting in one spot anyway.

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »
Today was a good day, getting comments on how buff I've gotten. I also got perfect scores on 3 out of 4 tests that the whole state of Texas takes. TAKS tests, they are called.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2006, 05:17:28 PM »
I'm overjoyed because I got NSMB!!!!!!! ......ahem.

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2006, 09:56:37 PM »
I have the happiest thing to say right now...WE TIED!!! Our first game we lost 25-0. Today we tied 4-4. I pitched a really game...6 K's, no walks, and no runs scored against me. I was also 3 for 4 at the plate with 3 singles and a RBI. YAY!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2006, 07:58:25 PM »
Boy, the baseball game I'm watching is dragging on.  But, my team is winning (Minnesota Twins) so I'm glad.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2006, 06:54:30 AM »
My DS still works! It's top screen is nearly snapped off, but it works! :D

Jman

• Score
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2006, 09:05:25 AM »
Say, anyone know the average life expectancy on Super Nintendo systems?  Mine still works like a charm, but I have to blow on the bottoms of some of my games to get them to play.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »
Well, more than 5 years because thats how long I had mine. (I still do!) I sometimes have to blow in the cartridge to get it to work.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2006, 01:15:53 PM »
Here's all the good stuff that happened to me yesterday.
Ok, so it's the last week we have for bowling, right... that's not cool, but here's what is: The bowling was free (usually it's $5 a week), we each got a ticket for $5 free at the snack bar which also had a number on it for a drawing. I won the second drawing and got a $15 gift card for Target (that's $15 closer to a DS lite). After that, we started rainbow bowling. Every so often, whit pins got replaced by orange, yellow, or green ones. If the yellow pin were in front and you got a strike, you get a dollar. If the orange one was in front and you got a strike, that's 75 cents. If the green one was in front and you got a strike, thet's 50 cents. I got 75 cents from an orange-pin-scenario. Not only that, but if you left the 7, the 5, or the 10 pin standing and no others on the first ball, you'd get a quarter. This happened to me about 7 times. So I made $17.50 while saving $10 and doing one of the things I love to do most. Also, I got a 141 on the last game (of I think 6, maybe 7)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2006, 01:11:15 PM »
There have been countless topics about the summer and whatnot, so instead of making another one, I decided to wish you all a happy one right here in the hopeful topic. Enjoy a 3 month period of rest relaxation. Or for those of you, like myself, that are working in one way or another, have a great summer of work and toil.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2006, 01:23:39 PM »
I've had my Super Nintendo for 13 or 14 years or something. I can't offhand remember how long it's been, but it still works.

25-0? How does a grade school baseball league even allow teams to get that unbalanced?
~I.S.~

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2006, 02:04:11 PM »
25-0? Not even our team get's whupped that bad! Yikes! Anyway, we beat a team 90-0 once. Of course, this was wrestling, not Baseball. You score 6 points for your team every time an opponent is pinned. That's what happend, and there were 15 guys. 15X6=90

Print