Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Super Mario Galaxy  (Read 29376 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 02:48:45 PM »
*sobs* It's just... too good to be true...

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 03:47:51 PM »
Well... after research, It's not Super Mario 128, but more of a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine. Besides, SM128 is going to be for the GameCube. If it was for the Wii, it would be probably be Super Mario 256 (GC has 128-bit color).
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 03:49:53 PM »
TATANGA
Grr! I was going to say that!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 03:51:11 PM »
I heard somewhere that SM 128 was going to be a puzzle game.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 05:06:15 PM »
Besides, SM128 is going to be for the GameCube.

Q: Mario 128 will be released for Revolution, then?
MIYAMOTO: Yes, of course! ...

Source
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:07:46 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 05:20:43 PM »
i saw the videos on ign. all i can say is wow..... this looks like the best 3d platformer game yet. it just keeps getting better. i hope yoshi is in it.

reason why this game looks cool
-its in space!
-excellent graphics
-motion sensors

reasons why this game might not be good
-they didnt show any attack besides spin and jump there might be more

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 11:07:06 PM »
Wii just shot from probably top of my list, to definite top of my list. As soon as it goes on preorder, I'm putting a full down payment as well as payment for like 6 games. Nintendo, please have my children. This game looks stunning. I hope some more gameplay details go up after a couple of days. I really want to see a good list of all Mario's new moves. This is gonna be so sweet.

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 11:17:07 PM »
i saw the videos on ign.

Whoa. I didn't even know there were videos until I saw this post. The videos jerked me to my senses instantly. This game looks several thousand miles beyond cool.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 05:50:23 AM »
"Thank you Mario, but our princess is on another planet!"
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »
Man! I looked at the game, and said a bit of "wow". I don't think it really heightened my expectations. I guess need to find out more about it if I really wanna be very happy about it...

I saw the movie too, but it didn't really tell me anything...
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 12:59:05 PM »
"Thank you Mario, but our princess is on another planet!"
Ahahaha.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 03:55:26 PM »
After a bit of thinking, it looks as though they've made a whole new game based around the No-FLUDD bonus stages from Sunshine.

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 06:34:40 PM »
After seeing the videos on IGN.com I must say that this game will be awesome.... As far as the rumor of this being the actual Super Mario 128, I have to say it probably is.  However, Miyamoto did say that he was keeping SM128 under tight wraps, so I think that this little tech demo that was shown at E3 is just peanuts compared to what we will really get when it is released.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 07:47:01 PM »
I'm probably the only one here who has doubts about this game. This is the third game (After PM:TTYD and ML:PiT)where some kind of space creature kidnaps the princess. Don't get me wrong, though; from what I've seen, I think the graphics are great and the levels are fun; I just feel that the space storylines are getting repetitive.

I own a Virtual Boy...I guess that's it
I own a Virtual Boy...I guess that's it

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 08:20:03 PM »
I personally think the game looks like what I'd imagine playing Mario 64 during an acid trip, would be like.

It looks kinda trippy, but in a good way. I guess it looks alright.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print