Print

Author Topic: The N5...  (Read 5212 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 04, 2004, 01:14:15 PM »
Do we know anything about the N5 yet? Sony has been giving out information on the PS3 for months now! Why hasn't Nintendo said anything about the N5?

What feautres will it have? Will it be backwards-compatible with GameCube games and accessories?

I hope Nintendo reveals more about the N5 and the DS at this year's E3; I know Sony is going to talk about the PSP and PS3...
============================================
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 01:47:46 PM »
In a japenese magazine interview with the Nintendo president, They confirmed the N5 will be backwards compatible with the GCN. I heard that it might have a built in Game Boy Player but I'm not sure if thats real.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"you know what I''m doing right now? Giving you the finger."
"John,I''m poor, I''m Blind, and I run a newstand in the back of a coffee shop. God gave me the finger way before you ever did."
~ Becker & Jake in a conversation
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 01:59:12 PM »
N5 IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE WITH GAMECUBE!!!!!!!! That's great news! That means we won't have to get rid of our GameCube games when the N5 is released--we can still play them on the new system!

A built-in Game Boy Player would be really cool! That way we won't have to spend *extra* money on a separate Game Boy adapter just to play Game Boy games on TV!

One thing I would not want Nintendo to do is make an online adapter for the N5, since they do not support online gaming.

Selling online adapters for the GameCube was one of the stupidest things Nintendo has done! Why make an online adapter for a system if you don't support online games to being with? Use logic Nintendo...logic.

============================================

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 4/4/2004 1:03:24 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 03:58:58 PM »
The GameCube contains an online adapter because people want to play Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 and Phantasy Star Online 3: C.A.R.D. Revolution online.  People also want to play Mario Kart: Double Dash! over multiple systems.  PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE.  I do, at least.  You shouldn't complain that Nintendo made an internet adapter when they didn't make any online games.  You should complain that they didn't make any online games after making internet adapters.

You are correct, however, in that separate internet adapters should not be made for the N-5.  THE N-5 SHOULD HAVE BUILT-IN INTERNET SUPPORT.  Internet gameplay should be a major focus for Nintendo, and as such, the functionality should be built right into the system.  That's my opinion, anyway.

This is not a signature.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 04:01:22 PM »
That would be a good idea, but Nintendo has said that they do not support online games. So there was no reason for them to even make an online adapter for the GameCube!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 04:22:03 PM »
Fine, if Nintendo wants to be stubborn, I guess I'll have to live with it.  They make the best single player games out there. Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine...going through Nintendo withdrawl...must...have...fix...  I'm addicted to Nintendo, and I would never waste my money on some Nintendo-less system, even if it did have "X-Box Live".

But third party systems still want to make online games, and they ARE making online games for GameCube.  AND PEOPLE ARE PLAYING THEM.  And I would be, to, if I had a job and could afford a monthly fee.  So Nintendo was wise to make internet adapters for GameCube, even if they never had any intention of making online games, because third parties want to make online games for the system.

This is not a signature.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 06:41:16 PM »
Hey speak for yourself. When a new system comes out, I don't get rid of all my old games.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 09:56:12 AM »
Ummm... what the [heck] is an N5? First I suddenly hear about the DS, and now some new next generation console? Why aren't they putting these news on sites (especially TMK) if it's Nintendo related? I found out about both this and the DS on a random topic in this board (only because I was here when I saw the topics)... And someone said something about a console called a Q4 in the Mario Party 6 post (yes, I did post a message but no one replied to mine), was this just a joke or are they now making a new (somehow) portable/home system?

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 4/14/2004 11:52:21 AM
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 12:53:51 PM »
Q4 is not a console, it's a time of year: The last three months of the year.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 02:14:53 PM »
Q4...Wow.

Just wow.

n/a

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 05:34:08 PM »
Kinda like Quarter Four, you know, like the fourth quarter of the year?

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 06:32:21 PM »
That's what Q4 means.  Duh of the day.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 10:06:01 PM »
Oh, really? I always thought that Q4 was a shorthand way of writing, "Cue for . . ." such that it would fit on a license plate. For example, a license plate could read, "AQ4U2P."

Actually, no, I never thought that. But, anyway . . . I think I'm-a go and read the rest of the posts in this topic now. Bye.

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 10:44:17 AM »
Now they're calling the N5 "GCNext", which isn't good, because it's abbreviation is GCN, which will certainly lead to confusion.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 01:30:39 PM »
Where'd you hear that?

Print