Print

Author Topic: Obligatory Politics Discussion Thread  (Read 3006 times)

« on: July 17, 2008, 09:50:16 PM »
Forrest Guy said we needed one of these, so here it is. This topic is for discussing politics in general. Obviously this topic is going to go off in all sorts of directions, but it's gotta start somewhere, so...what is your political affiliation? Are you a liberal or a conservative? Or are you in the middle? Heck, are you a communist or a statist (just throwing it out there, fellas)? Be sure to give reasons why you feel that way. Oh, and if you're not political, I wouldn't even bother posting in this thread to begin with.

I'm republican, but I don't agree with them on every aspect, mind you. I used to be a liberal until I realized that I was only a liberal through fear of rejection at my school and I didn't really believe in a lot of the stuff they stand for. I like low taxes (although competition/capitalism can go to far in certain aspects), I'm pro-life and I like the idea of religion in school (but evolution should be taught without faith as an influence). Unlike some right-wingers, I do think the environment is in trouble and we need to stop using gasoline as a fuel source. That's basically what I think in a nutshell.

(I don't think this topic will turn into a flame war, of course. I think we've proven that we're all capable of talking about politics in a dignified manner).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:51:42 PM »
No, like I said, political discussion is banned now.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:53:47 PM »
Yeah, I just now noticed that in the war topic. But...why? Did Deezer and/or Megabyte approve this decision? I think we're all perfectly capable of being mature about this sort of thing.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 09:54:26 PM »
This is, in fact, Deezer approved.
That was a joke.

Print