Poll

Which princess should be rescued in the next game?

Peach
Daisy
Print

Author Topic: Should Mario return to Sarasaland?  (Read 13222 times)

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2006, 06:04:40 AM »
*insert notification of bump here*

Still, I think a game in Sarasaland would be good. Possibly in the next Mario RPG? The world may never know.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2006, 08:32:59 AM »
Nobody seems to realize that Daisy was created in a freak accident. Gunpei Yokoi named the Princess Daisy in SML even though it was intended to be Peach. She didn't become her own unique character until Mario Tennis 64, when the folks at Camelot Software Planning thought Luigi needed a doubles partner. As for "Daisy" appearing in the movie, well that was a mistake on part of the director, because around that time the Princess was never referred to as Peach, only Princess Toadstool. Guess they played SML and assumed that was "Toadstool"'s first name.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2006, 03:56:28 PM »
Silly directors oughta've done some research before making that movie, or at least hire a person from NOA to supervise.  But then there'd be more Luigi/Peach fans.  I lean more toward the Luigi/Daisy and Mario/Peach pairings.  So naming the movie's princess 'Daisy' kinda helped provide a love interest for the younger brother in the franchise.  Although why they used the name Koopa when the villain had already gotten his permanent US name of Bowser, I don't think I'll ever understand.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2006, 05:13:24 PM »
He was called Koopa in the US-made SMB Super Show, so they probably went with that.

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2006, 05:25:08 AM »
Sarasaland was an unintentionaly created world and therefore Shigeru Miyamoto wouldn't use it again because he never has used it because he didn't create SML.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »
Miyamoto rarely ever decides what's used and what isn't anymore. He's only the producer these days.

Print