Print

Author Topic: How do you do tricks with the GC controller on MKW?  (Read 5617 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: August 02, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »
Can you? I tried everything but I can't do any wheelies or midair tricks!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »
D-Pad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 06:15:27 PM »
Thanks! Now one more question: How do you unlock those "expert TT ghosts" (Or whatever they're called) I hear you need those to unlock some chars and karts. Why do they make you play TT to get  unlockables? (I hate TT)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »
Hello?

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »
Hi. You have to beat the normal staff ghost by a few seconds (the exact more seconds differ by course) to unlock the expert staff ghost for that track. It's hard, but with practice you might even unlock all the expert staff ghosts (i have to still unlock 2 more).
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
Hi. You have to beat the normal staff ghost by a few seconds (the exact more seconds differ by course) to unlock the expert staff ghost for that track. It's hard, but with practice you might even unlock all the expert staff ghosts (i have to still unlock 2 more).

So when I sometimes see the message "You've unlocked a fast ghost" or something like that (I've only gotten it twice) I've unlocked an expert staff ghost? 

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »
You got it right on the money.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 07:27:27 PM »
I have a question along these lines: Is there a way to tell bewtween if you're racing (or if you've unlocked) an Expert or Normal Ghost? I played TT just to unlock a few (enough for Toadette, I think..) and now I don't remember which ones they were.

I've since discovered that I have to play more of the TT's to unlock more characters/karts.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 07:41:37 PM »
I have a question along these lines: Is there a way to tell bewtween if you're racing (or if you've unlocked) an Expert or Normal Ghost? I played TT just to unlock a few (enough for Toadette, I think..) and now I don't remember which ones they were.

I've since discovered that I have to play more of the TT's to unlock more characters/karts.

Well what I noticed about expert staff ghosts is that they use more shortcuts than the normal ones. But other then that I can't tell them apart from the normal ones.

You got it right on the money.

Alright, I was afraid that to get Expert staff ghosts you had to beat fast staff ghosts by like 5 seconds, (Two different names made me think they were two different things) now I unlocked like 5 expert ghosts and got Funky Kong need 3 more to get Baby Luigi. But now I can't really find any more ghosts to beat... Well thanks!

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
Yay! Now I know how to unlock Baby Luigi!

Toad, you can tell if you've seen the ghosts before. They will have different names. They also have a better time. I haven't actually raced any yet, so I don't know about techniques.

Print