Print

Author Topic: The Super Jumps in SMRPG  (Read 14560 times)

« on: September 04, 2008, 06:10:59 PM »
Even though I played SMRPG a lot on my SNES, I somehow never knew about the 100 Super Jumps challenge (I guess I just assumed the dog was kidding).  I did complete the 30 Super Jumps in my SNES cartridge, but now on the Virtual Console I don't know how the heck I even reached 30 back in the day.  Now, I seem to always mess up on number 13.  Any pointers or advice?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »
Yes. When you press Y (at least that's the button you use on the SNES) to jump on an enemy, hold it and don't let go until you see Mario coming down. When he lands on the enemy, press Y and hold it again. The reason I tell you to hold it is because you might accidentally mispress it or something. Try this on a spiked enemy without any Spike Rings. You will do 0 damage no matter what, and you can keep trying until you do it. Good luck and I hope you like the thing you get after doing 100! The thing you get is the best armor in the game; it's called the Super Suit.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:54:01 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »
Honey!

Where's my Super Suit?

Where. Is. My. Super Suit!?

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:08:29 PM »
Don't use the classic controller. I've found the buttons can have up to a full second delay between when I press them and when the character reacts (even with a fully charged Wiimote).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »
Honey!

Where's my Super Suit?

Where. Is. My. Super Suit!?
heh heh, I need to watch that movie again.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »
Don't use the classic controller. I've found the buttons can have up to a full second delay between when I press them and when the character reacts (even with a fully charged Wiimote).
So do you recommend the GameCube controller?

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:36:46 AM »
That's only true if you're playing with a HD television, which all controllers have at least a half-second delay. Normal TVs don't have this problem.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 09:06:01 AM »
Maybe that's true of some HDTVs (and projectors) but I've played on HDTVs with no lag.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 11:56:25 AM »
NES games have blurring on HDTVs as well because the refresh rate.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »
Again, only if you have a crappy TV.

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
I'm glad I have one.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:28:37 AM »
The TV I use is pretty old, we've had it since I was born (I think); now of course, we got a new TV, but I still use the old one for gaming.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 02:54:04 PM »
So do you recommend the GameCube controller?

Er.. Kinda. Only if you have no other controller options. The game has a run button and a jump button, and since the controller scheme is similar to that of SMW, I am going to assume it would be extremely awkward to play.

I do recommend the GC controller, but only if you have either a GC or a classic controller to pick from (or a GameBoy Player controller, which I've found works pretty well on most Snes games.. the ones I've downloaded, anyway).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »
What in the world is a Game Boy Player controller?
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 06:41:35 PM »
What in the world is a Game Boy Player controller?

It's when you connect a Game Boy advance to a Nintendo Gamecube via Nintendo Gamecube to Game Boy Advance Cable!
Nintendo should let you configure control settings before gameplay begins and saves them upto three can be saved atonce.

Print