Print

Author Topic: People are getting tired of Mario?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  (Read 10851 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2005, 10:19:33 PM »
"I wouldn't even play a sports game unless it had Mario or some similar character in it. Mario is the best!"

Yeah, they always put twists of some sort in those kinda games that makes it colorful and n33t. It's the only reason I'm first concerned about a soccer game. XD

My life would be pretty dull without him.

All life would be dull without him...

------------------------------
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2005, 10:30:18 PM »
I may actually buy Mario Baseball eventually.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2005, 12:17:39 AM »
Hey don't forget Mario Kart Series!

Shawne Vinson

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2005, 01:09:55 AM »
I don't think people hate Mario, I just think they're tired of waiting for a new adventure starring Mario. Good thing NEW Super Mario Bros. and Mario and Luigi 2 is coming soon, with a possible Mario Revolution game.

Edited by - Koops on 5/28/2005 12:11:57 AM

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2005, 10:46:23 AM »
Yeah, and what ever happened to Mario 128?

It's.... A MYS......TERYYYYY!

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2005, 11:29:10 AM »
I heard a rumor that SM 128 may not come out until the system after the Revolution.  Something about "wanting this game to be so insanely good that the Sunshine will look like a joke."  Of course I can't tell you where I heard this because... I just can't.

I bet that Mario Mix might turn things around for non-Mario fans who have a GameCube.  It looks like a sure hit.  But why can't they have Yoshi and Peach?! (sorry, I'm obsessed now)

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2005, 01:06:21 PM »
 I'm sad to say that almost everyone at my school, my old soccer team, all hate mario... I hate the cruelty of others.

I''m back!
   (the other luigifan)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2005, 01:45:04 PM »
As I've said before, I think NEW Super Mario Bros. was the best game at E3.  I think people may love Mario again if they play a game based on his SMB roots.

Super Mario Bros. wasn't kiddie when it came out and it's really not kiddie today.  Nintendo and Mario are considered to be kiddie today because of Sony and Microsoft are pigeon holing Nintendo as a kiddie company as part of a strategy to boost Xbox/PS2 sales.  They are picking on what they consider the weaker of the big three.

The word "but" was not used in this post.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2005, 05:20:28 PM »
The only game I see non-mario fan would get exited about is the new Mario game for ds, Mario 128 and the next SSB.

Is anyone here has a friend who is a Sony fan and understand them? I doesn't look like it. Looks like ya'll simply get exited of a game just because Mario is in it. It's ok to be a fan, but just because you like a Mario game, that doesn't mean everybody will get exited.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2005, 06:03:05 PM »
My youngest brother bought his own PS2 and Xbox, but did not have a Nintendo console or handheld until I bought them for him.  Even so, he has always said that Mario games are his favorite.  It's hard for me to interstand this, but apparently it's very common.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
It is very common because I was interested in Mario when I was like 2 years old.

I like strawberry milk

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2005, 10:45:24 AM »
"The power of peer pressure is that it works on our psychology, not our intellect. As social animals we are heavily influenced by how the people around us behave, and the quality of our own internal decision making varies widely depending on the environment we currently are in." - Scott Berkun

Maybe the PS2 and Xbox crowd that pigeonholes Nintendo are feeding off one another.  Then again, maybe Nintendo fan boys are.

"That said, the more homogeneous a group of people are in their thinking, the narrower the range of ideas that the group will openly consider. The more open minded, creative, and courageous, a group is, the wider the pool of ideas they’ll be capable of exploring." - Scott Berkun

Maybe they/we are too narrow-minded.  I consider myself to be open minded, but have said that I would not play and Xbox.  Is that a disconnect?  On the other hand, I try most of Nintendo games.  I even own one Pokemon game, but never collected them all.  I think we have a fairly diverse group here.  Different religions and the lack there of.  A fairly broad age range.  Two girls.  Apple and PC people.  Programmers, artists, etc.  Yet, no one, to my knowledge, from TMK/FF visited the Sony booth, and a few of us only walked over the Xbox booth.

Edit:

"The only game I see non-mario fan would get exited about is the new Mario game for ds, Mario 128 and the next SSB." - br0kebusta

MegaByte's friend said he would buy a GameCube for Mario Strikers.

Edited by - Luigison on 5/29/2005 10:01:54 AM

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »
I don't think you should try to not play a certain game or console, you should try them all, you never know if there is some game nobody heard about that you'll like. Like me, I never thought I'd like GTA or Enter the Matrix.

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2005, 12:16:36 PM »
That's true. But if you tried other games and really don't like them all that much, I think it's okay,too. People are allowd to like and dislike what they want. However they should try it first before you make up your mind about something.
Still, I never really liked anything not on a Nintendo system, not even RPGs.

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2005, 12:45:59 PM »
They're not allowed to like to yell "Fire" at a movie theater.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print