Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 479415 times)

« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2006, 10:18:50 AM »
I have an idea...why can't Mario continue rescuing Daisy?  She's far less annoying than Peach.  I mean, only ONCE he went to Sarasaland to save her.  Then that was it?  That would create an awesome twist in the whole series...

« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2006, 02:30:34 PM »
Not really. Unless they made SML for the DS.
Senior Mariology professor

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2006, 01:54:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure Daisy can hold off any monster with that horrific "WOOHOO!" of hers.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2006, 10:31:03 AM »
Along with her horrible match-wininng victory dance in Super Mario Strikers. How about we initial this game, to not be confused with Super Mario Sunshine, Sms?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2006, 01:40:30 PM »
Well, we could put SMSu for Super Mario Sunstine and SMSt for Super Mario Strikers. That's what usually happens... Mario Paint = MPai, Mario Party = MPar (or MP2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2006, 03:00:49 PM »
Whatever works for everyone. I just thought someone would get the two confused. I got everyone confused w/ Animal Crossing by saying AC. 0_0
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
Nah, Mario should stick with Peach.  Let Luigi save Daisy.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2006, 09:59:57 PM »
Humans: I think I know what to the majority of humans. Maybe the humans were the race of Rogueport 1,000 years ago. The majority of the humans died because of the 'catalysicm' and the remaining humans fled and went to different areas.

Birdo: When I think of Birdo as a race I see three possiblities.
1) Birdoes are either male or female but males are cross-desseres just because. And males are still straight.
2) Like Jigglypuffs in Pokemon, Female Birdoes out number Male Birdoes, like 4-1. Again, males are straight also.
3) All Birdoes are female and can breed with any other race.

DK: As far as I'm concern, I'm sticking with Rareware's DK. Why?
1): If I went by Nintendo's version, that means DK. Jr. disappeared. And what's worse, his father wouldn't seem to notice or care
2): If I went by Nintnedo's version, it would mean Candy Kong is mother of DK Jr., even though she looks like she never gave birth
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2006, 10:01:26 PM »
This has been nagging me for some time now...

How exactly does a fire-flower work?

« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2006, 10:12:39 PM »
Mario holds it in his hand and it releases flame, I think. However, sometimes, he can absorb its power- making himself stronger, but the Fire Flower weaker.

When he becomes Fire Mario, he absorbs the energy, and it changes his physical appearance, and enables him to shoot smaller fireballs.

However, in SSB, he only picks it up, and is able to shoot more flame, but it doesn't make him any stronger. That's my theory.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »
Makes sense to me...

« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »
where did mario and luigi come from?
I tend to dissagee with the yoshi's island games (and M&L PiT) because it goes against what nintendo originally said (I think its what they said) that mario and luigi were plumbers and accedentally came to the mushroom kingdom by going through a pipe. also the story of the donkey kong arcade game wont make sense cuz pauline wouldnt of have existed.also how are they italian (+ accent) if they were born and raised in TMK? most people say they came from brooklyn (may not have been born there), which makes sence cuz they speek english with an italian accent. (and yes, this is not just cuz its in america, in Japan, they (+ all the mario characters) speak english, and theres japanese subtitles.) does this make english is the official language of TMK? :)
what do you think?
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2006, 03:55:18 PM »
Well...maybe they were just born in mushroom kingdom.

« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2006, 04:29:26 PM »
I think they were raised in Brooklyn. Not born, just raised..

Yes, Yoshi's Island told us that they were born (or delivered) in TMK, but Mr and Mrs Mario might have taken them to the real world to protect them (you know, from Bowser's troops and other such evil that is in the MK..)

The Bros grew up in the real world, and then one day, following the sound of a cry for help (and wondering why monsters were coming from the plumbing), they ended up in the MK, and.. well, you know the rest.

What I want to know is why Donkey Kong keeps appearing in Mario games, if he's supposed to be from the real world (since the original DK game took place at a construction site..)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #254 on: January 28, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »
not sure..maybe he moved into mushroom kingdom ;D If DK can be in mario games why not pikachu? ???

Print