Print

Author Topic: E3 (don't get your hopes up, I didn't go)  (Read 3126 times)

« on: May 19, 2001, 11:46:06 PM »
Is anyone here attending the E3 conference?  I hear the GameCube is making a pretty impressive showing, and that the X-Box is disappointing to say the least.  Any more info?
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2001, 08:28:42 AM »
Ha ha! X-Box! Disappointing! I've been waiting to hear that. With X-Box disappointing at E3, that should get quite a lot more GameCube players don't ya thing?

That's what happens when you know nothing about making games. Now how's Bill Gates gonna get itself out of that embarrassing situation and into the big time?

Peaceful penguins, demented dragons and growling griffins, oh my.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2001, 08:33:44 AM »
I heard that E3 is in Los Angeles in California, I think. If you need to find out how spectacular the GameCube is, head over to IGN.com while it's still free. Some must-sees are Smash Bros. Melee and the unbelievably beautiful Wave Race Blue Storum.

You've got to see Wave Race in action to see the ultra-realistic water effects.

As for Dinosaur Planet, I'm disappointed that his other teammates don't really pop up for any good reason. Peppy offers "sage" advice, Slippy (ugh!) is in there probably to annoy you, and worst of all, no Falco.

Eternal Darkness will surely bring my hopes back up. As for Luigi's Mansion, I'm sure it's a good game, but give me Smash Bros. Melee any day.

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2001, 03:56:13 PM »
I read something about EA running one of their next-gen sports titles on sll three new systems side by side, and that X-Box was the slowest of the bunch.  This could be a false alarm, but I was somewhat relieved anyway.  Micro$oft is big enough as it is.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2001, 05:33:05 AM »
Well now that Sega's gone... I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more PlayStation 1 and 2 games... Nintendo and PlayStation are in the lead in the videogames race, and right now, X-Box has no chance of being a successful system... X-Box was disappointing! Ha ha! Screw you Microsoft!

X-Box sucks! PlayStation sucks! Nintendo is the best!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2001, 08:58:20 AM »
Is it a dream come true?

Is this too good to be true?

Watch the WaveRace video and you will see...

It's true! Whoopee!

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2001, 11:45:42 AM »
Hold on! I didn't say any of this is indisputable fact.  I wouldn't say Sega is gone or that the X-Box is not a contender.  Microsoft won't let their box die without a fight, if it is even doing badly.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2001, 05:55:41 PM »
Bill should stick to making my computer desktop better not a crap system!!Anywho,Gamecube is gonna rock!SSBM-sweet!Luigi's mansion,sweet,Metroid Prime-hella tight!And I''m hopng for more...

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2001, 01:24:01 PM »
Oh man. E3 was impressive. This fall is gonna be one hell of a big competition, I think i'd better start saving my paychecks cause theres gonna be a whole lot of things coming out in the fall that i want. First on my list of stuff to get is The Gamecube and Metal Gear Solid 2. I think i'll just play it by ear from then on,
"Timmay!"

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2001, 03:25:26 PM »
I heard from some article that emphasizes on how badly the X-Box showing was:

''As for the Xbox hardware, Kutaragi dismisses it as ''disappointing''. The console isn't fast enough and its graphics are ''rough''. The demo machine's crash at the E3 show last week suggests he may have a point.''

OUCH! Something as grand as an E3 showing, and on a demo machine, crashing?! That's got to be embarrassing.
Meanwhile, Nintendo easily wowed visitors. I think I know who's gonna get the lead early on in the console wars... here's another quote from some sort of interview from the head guy at Silicon Knights Ltd (the guys responsible for Eternal Darkness):

''A bunch of people go throughout the demo of the specs and the layout. They were in utter shock. I can't believe this, it is so good.''

If you want, I'll get a sound confirming this. But of course, you don't need one.

You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2001, 04:38:07 PM »
Nintendo is gonna reign king of the video game market. At least that's what I think from their explosive E3 showing!

Print