Print

Author Topic: Re: when will we forget mario?  (Read 9282 times)

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2001, 03:08:24 PM »
Getting back to the subject...I don't think I'll EVER forget Mario. Period. I've played to many games, ahd too many hours put into Mario surfing online, I just like Mario game too much to ever just ditch them.

You think ya somethin more/ya so supafly/blind to the fact youre blind/youre so empty inside/its hard for me to get this thru to you/blind to the fact ya blind.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2001, 06:54:50 AM »
*breaks fryguys leg* I cant beleive you want Pokemon and Zelda to make Nintendo go out of business. by the way nobody kicks me and gets away with it.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2001, 01:31:55 AM »
(psst, you're being a jerk again)
Mario alone can't keep Nintendo in business, and seeing as Pokémon, Zelda and Mario are Nintendo's largest investments, and all three are bringing in tonnes of cash for them, I think you need to look at this more realistically.

Anyway, forget Mario? Never... the little plumber has far too much muscle left in him. However, Nintendo might have to start being a bit more original with their new Mario titles. Simply rehashing old Mario games isn't the greatest way to make a lot of cash, not when they could be making brand new adventures...

Paper Mario and their first GameCube venture are the kind of thing I'm talking about. These are (or will hopefully be) exciting new titles with a whole lot more imagination put into them. Rehashing SMB2 and SMB3 on the GBA is not the kind of move I like.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2001, 06:36:40 AM »
ok fryguy if you want to hear "the rest of the story" as paul harvey would say here it is. In the year 2889 a company named Funtek invented a Pok'emon look alike called computimon which had better graphics, more fun battles and it effectivly killed Pok'emon. How you ask? well the kids just raved about the new computimon and billions of Pokemon cartriges,CDs,and merchadise ended up in pawnshops and second-hand stores. Millions of the stuff actually gathered dust in stores. Nintendo was horified and tried to sue Funtek but the court rulled in Funtek's favor, so Nintendo desided to discontinued Pok'emon. That accumpanied by the blow in the Zelda game in 2900 put the company out of business. by the way I found out that it was a sabatauge by Sony, yes it still exists then and they curently have a playstation 15 out. Hmm Im being a jerk again huh? well you shouldn't go around kicking people, thats being a jerk. Now do you see why im trying to get rid of it, its not only because I dont like it, but I want my great great great great great great great granchildren  to enjoy the Nintendo expirence like I did when I was 4.

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - marionut#1 on 4/6/2001 5:42:10 AM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2001, 10:27:43 AM »
Good point Marionut#1 (kind of). I would HATE it if Nintendo suddenly went out of business because of Sony or the blasphemous Microsoft "Xbox". I think that Microsoft is taking the wrong turn in making a videogame console. It just wouldn't pass. Sony did it with PlayStation, and look where they are now! As for Sega being a 3rd party developer... I'm glad they quit the consoles. I never really liked Sega (or Sony) in the first place; Nintendo's games were (and still are) far much better than Sony and Sega.

~Opens up a box of Super Mario Bros. Cereal- "Congratulations! You have just won a Sony PlayStation, courtesy of your friends at Nintendo!"
"Huh? Am I reading this right?"~
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2001, 05:45:36 AM »
NEVER will we forget Mario, at least I won't.

Would you like to buy a star?

Print