Print

Author Topic: Are you ready for SMB3DX? It's possible.  (Read 6665 times)

« on: June 08, 2000, 12:51:00 PM »
With Nintendo recently starting to adapt classic NES games on to the Game Boy Color, I think it's possible that Nintendo will put Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Game Boy Color. Does anyone support the idea? If we get lots of responce maybe we could e-mail Nintendo or something. Please post your replys here.

-YOSHI :P
Woohoo.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2000, 01:00:36 PM »

Edited by - Yoshi2 on 6/8/00 2:40:37 PM
Woohoo.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2000, 01:11:02 PM »
You didn't miss a thing here.

-YOSHI :P

Edited by - Yoshi2 on 6/8/00 2:42:21 PM
Woohoo.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2000, 01:12:44 PM »
I kinda hope SMB3DX comes out...I kinda hope I get a GBC...I kinda hope I can stop saying 'I kinda hope'...

Angels are watching me
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2000, 01:33:38 PM »
Hey cool we think alike. I just posted the same thing. Yeah I think that would be a great idea. How ever sending eMails to nintendo wont do much. If there smart thell make it on there own.

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2000, 04:00:40 PM »
With any luck, all NES Mario & Zelda games will be converted to GBC or GBA :)

-James Head
[CPU3X@webtv.net]
[CPU3X@hotmail.com]
-James Head

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2000, 05:00:36 PM »
That would be cool!

Ralph Wiggium:  What''''s a battle?
Superintendant Chawmer (I can''''t spell so sue me!):  Did that kid say what''''s a battle?
Skinner:  No he said what''''s that rattle!  The air conditioning!

Villians aren''''t always hated.  Team Rocket of Pokémon is one example of loved villians.  Just because a character is evil doesn''''t mean he or she don''''t have any fans.

Pokémon and Mario both rule!
Ralph Wiggium:  What''s a battle?
Superintendant Chawmer (I can''t spell so sue me!):  Did that kid say what''s a battle?
Skinner:  No he said what''s that rattle!  The air conditioning!

Villians aren''t always hated.  Team Rocket of Pokémon is one example of loved villians.  Just because a character is evil doesn''t mean he or she don''t have any fans.

Pokémon and Mario both rule!

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2000, 07:12:05 PM »
I wanted them to port Mario Bros 3 for along time now.  Just hope the do.

Peace man!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2000, 05:27:20 AM »
Who here thinks Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best Mario game in the world? I do! If Nintendo does make Super Mario Bros. 3 for Game Boy Color, I hope they make some improvements, such as: More levels, Koopa Kids are harder to beat, bigger levels, items at Item Shop can be tested before used, more 1-Ups, Boom Boom is harder to beat, Bowser throws hammers as well as spits fire (from SMB). These are just a few of the examples I have to make SMB3 DX better than the original. There would also be many modes of play: VS MODE, TIME TRIAL, CHALLANGE, MINI GAMES, MARIO BROS. BATTLE. What do you think?

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2000, 09:08:12 AM »
Absolutely.

"GB is the best color."
  -Unknown
"Play now, work later."
-The greatest person in the world

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2000, 10:26:52 AM »
Ha! Thats cool, cause I just borrowed my friends NES and a couple of great games! Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3! Yesterday, I just beat EVERY single level with Mario and beat the game. Except for that last Mini-Castle at World 8. I used a cloud for that.

Oh yeah! Well, Luigi''s taller!

Ralph Wiggum: Hello SuperNintendo Chalmers!
Oh yeah! Well, Luigi''s taller!

Ralph Wiggum: Hello SuperNintendo Chalmers!

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2000, 05:22:54 AM »
Super Mario Bros. 3 would be great on Gameboy Color...
But, it wouldn't fit in a tiny Gameboy cartridge! It's a huge game as you can notice when you count the levels.

It'd fit on a Gameboy Advance cartridge though! And with enhanced graphics to make it look like it did on Mario Allstars, it'd be great!

- Professor Goat
- Professor Goat

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2000, 07:11:08 PM »
Yes, SMB3 Dx would fit on a regular gameboy
cartridge.  The original was 3 megabits.
A regular gameboy, I believe, can take up
to 1 megabyte=8 megabits.  The color gameboy
can handle even bigger games, of course.
It would definately fit.

I would love to see the extras Nintendo would
put in.  I wonder what they would come up
with.

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2000, 08:57:06 PM »
Hey Yoshi- you're a genious.   I was thinking just the same thing, in fact, the reason I came online was to post the same topic.  Today while I was golfing I was thinking of all the cool things that could be on the SMB3DX. cartrige.  What I was thinking is that they could include the american version of SMB2 (I know, it wasn't the best Mario game made) and SMB3.  And it would all fit because I have SMB DX. and everything fit nicely on the cartrige (like SMB DX. and there was alot [smb, smb2{japan}, challenge, toy box, you vs. boo] of stuff)
Great minds think alike, eh?

Also if you want to ask nintendo about this the best thing to do is e-mailing them at nintendo@nintendo.com you usualy get feedback from them.  But I would wait a while so you can get more postings.  We could even start an online petition (if anybody's interested e-mail me at sctroysd@aol.com) Well I geuss that's it for now.

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2000, 07:12:29 PM »
It's great, except I don't think more levels should be added. Its a masterpiece and should be left just the way it is, although features like Mario DX wouldn't hurt.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Print