Print

Author Topic: How long have the Bros been in TMK?  (Read 2565 times)

« on: February 06, 2002, 10:50:09 PM »
Yes, it's time to discuss another one of Mario's deep mysteries. How long has it been since Mario and Luigi first arrived in the Mushroom Kingdom? What are your theories? Please, as usual, try to support your ideas with logical arguments and evidense from the games, comics, etc. Thank you.

-TurtleTek
http://turtletek.botic.com

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2002, 02:45:55 PM »
Duh, this is simple: their last game on Earth was Mario Bros., copyright 1983. Their first game in the mushroom world was Super Mario Bros., in 1985. So, obviously, they went in somewhere between 1983 and 1985.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2002, 03:05:25 PM »
Thy have been living their whole lives at the Mushroom Kingdom, planet Earth; and the Big City is part of it (as shown in Game Boy Donkey Kong).

Agustín "The Sage Of Fungus" Huambachano
Agustín "The Sage Of Fungus" Huambachano

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2002, 11:31:02 PM »
Well, Frostbite, I don't think that the copyright dates reflect the chronological order or spacing of the games. To suggest otherwise would force you to explain SW2, which preceeds the other Mario games according to the story line, but is copyrighted later. I'm sure you've already come up with some interesting explaination. So let's hear it.

-TurtleTek

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2002, 04:56:15 AM »
Perhaps we are to leave it as one of the mysteries of the Mario world...
Just like that Baby Mario character...

~*Karinda Stellare Yosheru*~
  >Hyper Yossian Princess<

I''m a Yoshi- So sue meh!
~*Karinda Stellare Yosheru*~
  >Hyper Yossian Princess<

I''m a Yoshi- So sue meh!

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2002, 07:01:58 AM »
Right
Like where did the koopa kids come from?
Hello.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2002, 02:22:10 PM »
It's simple: Super Mario World 2 and Yoshi's Story take place in the past. All the others, besides the Donkey Kong remakes, etc., take place in the present. And when was the present when they were released? The copyright date.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2002, 08:11:16 PM »
Frostbite, you know as well as I do that if there are exceptions to the rule, then it is no rule at all. I do not think the copyright dates have anything to do with the chronological order or spacing of the games. SMW2 is reason enough to disprove your unfounded theory. ..Well, not to mention that it *is* unfounded. There is no reasoning behind it. Why would the copyright dates have *anything* to do with the storyline?

My guess (also without reasonable backing, it's just a guess) is that the bros were in their early twenties when they found themselves in the Mushroom World for the first time in SMB. I suppose it has been about, oh, about 10 years since then. In that time, they have protected the status quo and done their best to do what they see as right. If it weren't for them, the Mushroom Kingdom would have fallen to The Koopa Tribe a long time ago.

-TurtleTek

Print