Print

Author Topic: Ask me about Flying Dragon!  (Read 6069 times)

« on: February 04, 2004, 04:49:15 PM »
Do you have a question about Flying Dragon? If so post it here! I'll try my best to answer it.

By the way did anyone miss me?

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 06:41:06 PM »
What's Flying Dragon?

"Griddle cakes, hotcakes, pancakes, and flapjacks; Why is it we have four words for "grilled batter" but only one word for "love"?"- George Carlin
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 08:37:54 PM »
Flying Dragon is an instalment to the Hiryu-No-Ken series that had hits for the NES,SNES,2 for the GB, and N64. Flying Dragon is the last Hiryu-No-Ken that was released for the N64. It was combination of 2 games in its 2 modes of play.
SD Mode:Features a combination of RPG Play & Fighting game style play. You give your characters treasure Items to increase their strenght,speed,defense, & other stats.

Virtual Mode:It features a combination of fighting & a grading system. You can't simply beat the tar out of your enemies to win. Remember your being graded on your performance.

Ok I hope I get more questions soon.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 12:07:03 AM »
Are more Flying Dragons planned for development and release?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 04:14:36 PM »
Unfortunatly no.
Super Smash Bro.s & Poke'mon killed the Series at least in America. But I have heared rumors that more where made in the Japan.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 07:54:38 PM »
What is your favorite Flying Dragon?

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 08:01:48 PM »
Flying Dragon for the N64.
You get to play as the main villian of the series.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 08:20:58 PM »
If you ever tried out Natsume Championship Wrestling well you might want to try this game out cause their best fighter is on here. By the way his name is Powers.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 08:24:35 PM »
 Flying Dragon was a terrible, terrible game.

But that's not a question, so: What is it that you find so appealing in "Flying Dragon?"

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 02:05:00 AM »
Why did Black Mage just make me laugh?

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 10:58:33 AM »
I saw Flying Dragon at a Gamestop once, but I bought Golden Sun instead.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 06:52:17 PM »
Why was it a terrible game then Black Mage?
it wasn't the worst epecially compared to other games.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 06:54:24 PM »
What else would we compare it to?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 09:43:58 PM »
Although you hadn't answered my question, I suppose I'll answer yours, Shin Ruymaou Jr.

First, for a Fighting Game, it had dreadfully simple controls.

As I recall, there was only one punch, and one kick button. I do believe there were other a few other buttons, a block, and special, perhaps. But aside from that, there wasn't much. Ah, side-stepping was the other buttons. Not much for a decent fighter.

With such a simple control scheme, the game had a pitiable challenge. There was no skill, and after a couple of hours the game was over, leaving no desire to replay.

The graphics weren't great, but that doesn't matter at all. Unfortunately, the music was god-awful. There aren't many games I find the need to mute the TV and put a CD in, but "Flying Dragon" was one of them. I couldn't imagine sitting there listening to it for hours, especially since the game would be beaten before then.

The characters, too. They all seemed quite dry, and cliché. They were simplistic in design, and weren't very likable, or at least, didn't stand out from your normal fighting characters.

The RPG element was what had gotten me to rent the game, but I was sadly let down. The items/equipment play almost no role in what atrocious plot there was. You could go from start to finish without a glance at such things.

I don't mean to insult your tastes, as I'm sure you have your reasons for liking such a terrible game -- reasons that I'm interesting in hearing, as I had inquired in my first post.

EDIT: Poor sentence structure on my part; I wasn't as sarcastic as I wanted to be.

Edited by - Black Mage on 2/6/2004 7:47:17 PM

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 06:49:10 PM »
Well goodbye everyone.
Because of B.M.'s statement I fear other Flying Dragon haters shall come and flame me to death.
But by the way B.M. how did you know my old internet name?

Note Name Change
Old TMK Name:Shin Ruymaou
New TMK Name:Shin Ruymaou Jr.

Why for that you wonder? Well my computer messed up and I had to register again.

Print