Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario Plot  (Read 3087 times)

« on: February 05, 2001, 11:38:06 PM »
Does anyone know much as to the plot of Paper Mario? Who's that female magikoopa? Where's Kamek? (I think I saw a screen shot with Kamek [broom and all] behind bashed by Mario) I guess it doesn't matter, I plan to go pick up a copy of Paper Mario tomorrow afternoon so I will find out before I can read your responses. Once I do know something, I'll be sure to tell ya all about it.

Till then,

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2001, 12:56:24 AM »
The plot as I understand it:

Bowser has succeeded in stealing an artifact from the Star Realm called the Star Rod (is this a Kirby reference?) and is using its power to wreck havoc on the Mushroom Kingdom. In order to get it back from him, Mario has to enlist the help of the scattered Star Spirits. One thing I think is neat is that you get a number of helper characters whom you can summon who are dissidents of their races -- a koopa, a goomba, a bob-omb, etc -- it adds an extra dimension when they're not ALL bad guys :)

As for Kamek not being around, I think that's because the old crone was already quite up there in age when Mario was but a baby. If he's still alive now he's gotta be ancient. I'd speculate this female Magikoopa is a descendent of his -- the current chief advisory Magikoopa to the King ;)

James

Edited by - Quasar on 2/5/2001 10:58:23 PM

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2001, 11:23:21 AM »
Yeah either that, or Kamek has been "experimenting" with his feminine side. :D

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"
Haters gonna hate

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2001, 01:54:41 PM »
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......!

Have any of you played Paper Mario yet? I want to get it soooooooo bad!

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2001, 02:31:29 PM »
I know how you feel, I'm dying to get my hands on Paper Mario.  Ign64.com reported that its recommended price is at about $50.  Alas, I have but 35 dollars in my wallet.

Time to count up all the change on my dresser! :(

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

Edited by - billy chilly on 2/6/01 12:33:01 PM
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2001, 10:03:53 PM »
Well, I got Paper Mario and have been playing it every sense. My general opinion on the game: Great. Another fun chapter to the Mario epoch.

I've played for over 4 hours and I haven't done much. I've only leveled up about 3 times, recovered only one of the Stars and gotten the Goomba, Koopa, and Bob-omb buddies. Seems like it'll be a long game. I certainly hope so.

The female Magikoopa's name is Kammy and she is basicly another Kamek. The Kamek-ish Magikoopa I saw in the screen shot is just your usual Magikoopa. As for Kamek, no where to be seen. Probably dead. ..Seems like he's the first Mario character to die (well..besides minor enemies). Luigi is in it...but not for any reason except to *be in in a game*. So far, he's not been important. He's gotta stay at home to "make sure nothing happens". At times you get to control Princess Peach. I don't know if Yoshi is in it, as I am not at the stage with Yoshis yet.

It's really an excellent game. The graphics are very easy to get used to and the music is pretty good. Actually, I think the cartooned characters make it much easier to see expressions and such. It makes the game more entertaining. However, it is obvious the complexity is toned-down for kids. Consider this more a RPG/Tradional Mario game mix. You have your basic ablilities (Jumping, Hammer) and your items..and, of course, your friends. They really should have made something better, I think it falls short of what we had with 'Mario RPG'. But, if you love Mario games, you'll love this.

-TurtleTek
http://turtletek.botic.com

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2001, 06:49:30 PM »
TurtleTek, you lucky ****ard.  :D

Sigh, yet again, Luigi gets saddled with a bit part.  Oh well, definitley better than nothing, I say.  Still, I would've liked to have seen the big L-man fight alongside Mario.

Any sign of Wario or the Koopa Kids?  At all?  Not even an obscure reference??  Jeez. :/

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=

Edited by - Deezer on 2/7/2001 11:24:28 PM
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2001, 09:00:49 PM »
Lucky? What can I say? My birthday came right in time. 8)

Nope, as far (Only on chapter two) there is no sign of Wario or the Koopa Kids. Kammy makes infrequent appearances that remind me of The SMW: YI days. Remember that? When the story sorta made sense? When important characters didn't just disappear and Luigi was playable in all the games Mario was? I miss that. Oh well.

-TurtleTek
http://turtletek.botic.com

Print